Front and Rear Lever 20 lb Hammer

Mike Rinderle

Strong levering! I immediately noticed that you were rockin’ the Beast in the east shirt! 💪

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

Strong levering! I immediately noticed that you were rockin’ the Beast in the east shirt! 💪

Little throwback action from when I had a tiny bit of strength.  Us old guys cling hard to our memories of glory.  😂

10 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Little throwback action from when I had a tiny bit of strength.  Us old guys cling hard to our memories of glory.  😂

Memories of glory? Says the masters nationals winner of 2018!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Memories of glory? Says the masters nationals winner of 2018!!!!!

Key word there is Masters.  😆

On 7/3/2018 at 4:23 AM, Mike Rinderle said:

Just did the math.  Center of gravity on the war hammer loaded to 21.2 lbs is 27" from end of the hammer.  Center of gravity on a regular sledge (used a 10 pounder) was 31.5".  

Using those measurements, the 21.2 war hammer with a 2" diameter shaft is equivalent to an 18.1714285714 lb regular sledge.  An 18 pounder would have the center of gravity a little further out than a 10.  So call it an even 18 or a smidge less.  Even if it moved all the way out to 33", which it wouldn't, it would still equal 17.345454545455 lbs.  In the past I've done everything from a 6 to a 23 pounder.  I guestimated to @Kluv#0 that this was equal to around an 18.  Looks like my guestimator is dialed in.  Lol 

20180702_155543.jpg

20180702_155830.jpg

This is great info. I just had my first attempt at a rear lever using a 20 inch dumbbell with 2 inch diameter ends. The weight was 19.6 lb including a 11 lb weight at the end. After balancing it (not as perfectly balanced as above, but reasonably stable) the center of gravity was 15 inches from the end. I know its probably out of whack especially since my hand was not completely at the end of the bar, but in principal am I correct in saying this weight on a normal hammer would be (19.6 /31.5 x 15)  = 9.333 lb.  It's  probably best if I take 2 inches off the 31.5 inch and the 15 inch to take into account using the center of the hand as the the main load (19.6/29.5 X 13) = 8.63 lb on a normal Sledge. Wow! I'm really going to have to load that dumbbell up to get anywhere close to that 18 lb. Around another 20 lb to go.........  I gotta move my hand up further also...

Sorry if the calculations were very nerdy, or even worse, completely wrong and nerdy  

rear lever.jpg

24 minutes ago, Ruairi said:

This is great info. I just had my first attempt at a rear lever using a 20 inch dumbbell with 2 inch diameter ends. The weight was 19.6 lb including a 11 lb weight at the end. After balancing it (not as perfectly balanced as above, but reasonably stable) the center of gravity was 15 inches from the end. I know its probably out of whack especially since my hand was not completely at the end of the bar, but in principal am I correct in saying this weight on a normal hammer would be (19.6 /31.5 x 15)  = 9.333 lb.  It's  probably best if I take 2 inches off the 31.5 inch and the 15 inch to take into account using the center of the hand as the the main load (19.6/29.5 X 13) = 8.63 lb on a normal Sledge. Wow! I'm really going to have to load that dumbbell up to get anywhere close to that 18 lb. Around another 20 lb to go.........  I gotta move my hand up further also...

Sorry if the calculations were very nerdy, or even worse, completely wrong and nerdy  

rear lever.jpg

That is the correct math.  I'd probably use 32" for center of gravity on an 18 lb sledge.  I would think the rotating sleeve would add some difficulty too.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Depleted uranium?

22 lb War Hammer Lever

Very strong again big man!! 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Very strong again big man!! 

Thanks Mike.  I think if I warmed up first instead of just going for it, I might get a little more, but not much without training them.  This was heavy!  Honestly not sure my bum shoulder would let me hold much more than this.  Sucks getting old.  Lol