KapMan

Going Plus Ultra

bencrush
42 minutes ago, KapMan said:

So. Never hit 40 degrees and I cant measure diddly squat. This...This is why absolute domination is in order. Next time Ill crush it so that I wont even need that stupid protractor. 

Nate explained it succinctly.  I was not bagging on your bend, it is still a very strong short DU bend!  Just figured I'd let you know about the measurement in case you wanted to cert because most of the DU cert bends are a 40 degree requirement. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

KapMan
39 minutes ago, bencrush said:

Nate explained it succinctly.  I was not bagging on your bend, it is still a very strong short DU bend!  Just figured I'd let you know about the measurement in case you wanted to cert because most of the DU cert bends are a 40 degree requirement. 

I know you arent hating. Now I know better😊 thanks guys.

• Like 2

KapMan

Feeling blah as hell today. 

My strength seemed to feel sapped so, I opted to use my steel benders helper for this session as more a supplement. 

First I took a crack at my advanced model SBH rated to around where a red nail tends  to be. 450lbs or so. Thats the farthest Ive moved it, so needless to say the bulk bending of 60ds is helping,  Video below:

I did 5x8 with my 160lb rated sub intermediate each rep slow and controlled. 

I need the super intermediate model. I really like these devices. Hand made, can be also used to throw at kids on your lawn, or you can use it as a self defense tool. It’s springy so you have a fight each rep. You can use it in any of the bendings forms you want. Only downside I can mention is its diameter and length tends to not accurately reflect what you will get when you bend an actual bar. But I dont feel this defeats the intent in anyway.

Edited by KapMan
  • Like 2

climber511

Sounds like you are pulling things together with your life and training - keep it up!

• Like 2

KapMan
54 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Sounds like you are pulling things together with your life and training - keep it up!

I’m trying. Took a beating from some of ya’ll and my wife to finally get the gears moving.

i regret I wont be able to ever see a gripmas. Really disappointed. But I hope with your blessing we can continue  a gripmas like contest somewhere. I feel likeit shouldnt just fizzle out. Seems to be one of the frw things these knuckleheads really really look forward to. 

Edited by KapMan
  • Like 1

KapMan

Now I recover

6F121A85-E83E-4024-A17B-E5CBAF12A201.jpeg

08F8E686-FB8B-44B2-BFAD-2753D1799740.jpeg

• Like 6

Tom Flesher

Love those notched cards! Awesome feat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

KapMan
On 12/7/2018 at 10:36 PM, Tom Flesher said:

Love those notched cards! Awesome feat. 

Me too!

• Like 1

KapMan

Do you wanna build a bend man?

6239014A-62FF-4319-818C-C83AF80CFA30.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

KapMan

Yesterday 10-12-18

Bent 15 pieces

13 were shiny 60s 

and two were some type of drill rod. 

Week 3 complete

• Like 4

KapMan

E3AA7E51-4D7F-4355-9B7F-78EBCD378380.jpeg

• Like 2

bencrush

The bender's snowman is AWESOME! :cool:rock

• Thanks 1

KapMan

Took a trip to the lands of the pickup artist for some training. No expectations as I havent done diddly for atleast a year and a half. To my surprise I did pretty good.

Tried a 58mm 2hp euro for 190-200 pounds cold twice. With a proper warmup and some technique refinement I think I can do some serious weight. I now understand the love affair with the euro..its siren song is undeniable. Im in love.

I did 60 or so pounds on the lukes inch wrench

Lifted the inch 4-5 inches twice and it was balanced too! I did a bunch of attempts with the sudin method of chip weights on the finger side. But no go. I was closer this time then when I tried to lift it at SS16 and SJ4. 

Theres no footage of the other lifts to include my poor attemps at 2x45 pinch. No one really expected shit to get done from me haha

But I pinched these here 3-25kg plates, video is my first go I also lifted it again and moved it with an additional 5lbs of chip weight. Cant wait till next time. 

Feels great.

• Like 7

odin

Shawn, you were very impressive today with the 3x25k pinch, Euro lifting and controlled air with the Inch! No complaints about the rain and quagmire conditions either, you were very positive and fun to be around.

I think a sojourn to Crooksville or Towanda or to see any of the top 2HP guys that can help you with form will get you over #250 before you know it. The fact that you could do what you did today with no frame of reference re: form, width and in an admittedly de-trained state is frankly one of the most impressive grip performances I've witnessed. Pinch is fickle and unpredictable for sure, but you must have some serious potential, so don't get too discouraged when you have days where your poundage is way down. Just train based on perceived difficulty and the weights will increase on your "on" days. I wish I could help you more with form, but I'm more of a 1+1=2 pincher (1HP RH+LH ~=2HP).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

KapMan
8 minutes ago, odin said:

Shawn, you were very impressive today with the 3x25k pinch, Euro lifting and controlled air with the Inch! No complaints about the rain and quagmire conditions either, you were very positive and fun to be around.

I think a sojourn to Crooksville or Towanda or to see any of the top 2HP guys that can help you with form will get you over #250 before you know it. The fact that you could do what you did today with no frame of reference re: form, width and in an admittedly de-trained state is frankly one of the most impressive grip performances I've witnessed. Pinch is fickle and unpredictable for sure, but you must have some serious potential, so don't get too discouraged when you have days where your poundage is way down. Just train based on perceived difficulty and the weights will increase on your "on" days. I wish I could help you more with form, but I'm more of a 1+1=2 pincher (1HP RH+LH ~=2HP).

Thank you bob. I enjoyed it very much. I surprised myself and Im super pumped for the future!!!

• Like 3

Donc101

Sounds like you had a great day of lifting Shawn, nice work!

• Like 2

KapMan
19 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

Sounds like you had a great day of lifting Shawn, nice work!

Dude. I was supposed to bend tomorrow and I ruined it in favor of muddy grip implements and rain. No regrets 

• Like 2