Bill Piche

Huge congrats!

• Thanks 1

Congrats!!

• Thanks 1

Congrats!

• Thanks 1

Thanks Vinnie!

@Wannagrip can the Mash Monster 0 title? I don't want to be a "Gripomaniac" anymore, although that description probably suits me better to be honest :D

4 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Thanks Vinnie!

@Wannagrip can the Mash Monster 0 title? I don't want to be a "Gripomaniac" anymore, although that description probably suits me better to be honest :D

Yup, done. Forgot. Sorry about that. :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Great job

Joe.  Come on in, the MashMonster water is fine ... you know you want to ...

Thanks Joseph!

I agree with Vinnie you should definitely join the ladder. More people = more fun in my opinion.

Great close!💪 looks like your ready for the MM1!👍

Congrats!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Joe.  Come on in, the MashMonster water is fine ... you know you want to ...

Gotta learn those sets Vincenzo! I am still a full close kind of guy. 

3 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Thanks Joseph!

I agree with Vinnie you should definitely join the ladder. More people = more fun in my opinion.

Maybe soon. I am too much in love with full closes. I am now learning technique for silver bullet for a comp next month and doing full closes as a finisher. I just can’t get away from the mindset of “ if I can’t full close the gripper then I really can’t close it”. If you show someone on the street you can close a gripper they expect it TNS or no set. If you show them with an assist from the off hand they say “you cheated”. We know that’s not the case in the grip world... but there is something very satisfying about full closing that I can’t seen to get from off hand assist... but that is my cross to bear I suppose. If I have to practice it for a contest next time I will... but until then... full closes for me.

56 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Maybe soon. I am too much in love with full closes. I am now learning technique for silver bullet for a comp next month and doing full closes as a finisher. I just can’t get away from the mindset of “ if I can’t full close the gripper then I really can’t close it”. If you show someone on the street you can close a gripper they expect it TNS or no set. If you show them with an assist from the off hand they say “you cheated”. We know that’s not the case in the grip world... but there is something very satisfying about full closing that I can’t seen to get from off hand assist... but that is my cross to bear I suppose. If I have to practice it for a contest next time I will... but until then... full closes for me.

I'm pretty sure you can cert with a TNS, the parallel set is just a minimum. 

9 hours ago, Glenni said:

Great close!💪 looks like your ready for the MM1!👍

Congrats!

Thanks, not ready for MM1 yet but it will come...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Thanks, not ready for MM1 yet but it will come...

I heard the MM1 is around 153, but sets like butter.  Since at the top of my range the set is what seems hardest for me, I almost think I might have a shot at it even now.  But I won't ask to try until I can close my 153 rated COC 3, and I can't yet, so I am waiting.  Once I can close that COC 3 (which is hard for me to set), I am pretty sure I will be able to do the MM1.

Great close, nice wide set! Congrats!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I heard the MM1 is around 153, but sets like butter.  Since at the top of my range the set is what seems hardest for me, I almost think I might have a shot at it even now.  But I won't ask to try until I can close my 153 rated COC 3, and I can't yet, so I am waiting.  Once I can close that COC 3 (which is hard for me to set), I am pretty sure I will be able to do the MM1.

Yes it's the consistency that is needed. I did this MM0 on a mediocre day. I have a 156# rated #3 incoming, when I can close that one when I'm in bad shape any day of the week I know I'm ready for the MM1.

5 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

Great close, nice wide set! Congrats!

Thank you.

Congrats on the MM0 Cert. A good clean strong close !

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Forever said:

Congrats

16 hours ago, Ruairi said:

Congrats on the MM0 Cert. A good clean strong close !

2 hours ago, JD Murray said:

Well done.

Thanks guys.