The Newest MashMonster - Level 7 - Cesare Ricchezza

Bill Piche

7 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Another point of note id like to make evident here for others in pursuit of big gripper closes.

many times here on the board i have heard people say that folks who go on to be #4 closers, allegedly are only people who are able to do it fairly quickly upon getting into grip. Or people with “good” genetics, rather. While that has indeed been the case a handful of times, i now know that there is no real merit to it. Not in the sense that someone can confidently decide who they think will be a #4 closer one day or who they think wont. Or who they think will go on to reside at the top of the MM ladder or who they think wont.

while genetics are certainly the main factor that determines how fast someone might get to a #4 or top of the MM ladder level, genetics dont trump hard work and determination.

Chez was one of the guys who said early on he would go on to get to this level with grippers. And he followed through! So let this be a big motivator for anyone new to grip, or even vetted, that still wants to get to this level with grippers.

if i remember right, it was late 2011’ish that Chez was first training for a #3 ccs. So thats about 7 years of hard work he put in to get from a #3ccs to a dominant MM7 close.

and another FYI, Paul Knight took 11 years to get to MM7 from the time he first touched grippers. and he was not able to even close an Ironmind #1 when he started.

what does that mean?... it means dont give up! If it were easy, everyone would do it. And genetics dont get to pick who makes it to the finish line. You do!

once again, great job Chez! I have no doubts that you will continue to go onwards and upwards from here.

I agree, excellent compliment and very motivational!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Another point of note id like to make evident here for others in pursuit of big gripper closes.

many times here on the board i have heard people say that folks who go on to be #4 closers, allegedly are only people who are able to do it fairly quickly upon getting into grip. Or people with “good” genetics, rather. While that has indeed been the case a handful of times, i now know that there is no real merit to it. Not in the sense that someone can confidently decide who they think will be a #4 closer one day or who they think wont. Or who they think will go on to reside at the top of the MM ladder or who they think wont.

while genetics are certainly the main factor that determines how fast someone might get to a #4 or top of the MM ladder level, genetics dont trump hard work and determination.

Chez was one of the guys who said early on he would go on to get to this level with grippers. And he followed through! So let this be a big motivator for anyone new to grip, or even vetted, that still wants to get to this level with grippers.

if i remember right, it was late 2011’ish that Chez was first training for a #3 ccs. So thats about 7 years of hard work he put in to get from a #3ccs to a dominant MM7 close.

and another FYI, Paul Knight took 11 years to get to MM7 from the time he first touched grippers. and he was not able to even close an Ironmind #1 when he started.

what does that mean?... it means dont give up! If it were easy, everyone would do it. And genetics dont get to pick who makes it to the finish line. You do!

once again, great job Chez! I have no doubts that you will continue to go onwards and upwards from here.

Thanks Tommy. Means a lot to me. I had to battle some big injures which really set me back and made this literally take twice as long. I have enjoyed the journey though. I just kept battling and I’m excited to go further now that I’m healthy. 

Edited by Chez

13 hours ago, 3Crusher said:

Congrats and great work Chez!

Thanks Steve! 

• 2 weeks later...

Chez,

I am late to this but glad to see it!

Congratulations man.

Also, the positivity that you bring to the board is appreciated.

Al

• Thanks 1

Like Chez, I love to mock the gripper!  Except I mock a 2.5, not an MM7 lol.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Hey Vin... ain’t too many that mock a 2.5 either bro... so be proud of your accomplishments.

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Hey Vin... ain’t too many that mock a 2.5 either bro... so be proud of your accomplishments.

Oh I am sufficiently proud of my spot in the griparchy, but also mindful that there are many above me as well.  Let's mock!

5 hours ago, terminal said:

Chez,

I am late to this but glad to see it!

Congratulations man.

Also, the positivity that you bring to the board is appreciated.

Al

Thanks for kind words buddy. Really appreciate it

5 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Haha. Pretty soon you will be laughing at all 3s

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chez said:

Haha. Pretty soon you will be laughing at all 3s

Laughed at a 143 and a 145 last week!  Then again, still can't do my 150.

6 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Dont say can’t do.. say haven’t done yet.

it will happen.

I agree!  Thanks.  And I enjoyed your youtube video where you coach that big guy on closing a supermaster and then you do a 3.5.  That was enjoyable to watch and also helpful for learning a little about how to approach grippers.