The Newest MashMonster - Level 7 - Cesare Ricchezza

Bill Piche

8 minutes ago, Chez said:

Wow. I’m tired but super happy right now. It’s been such a long road. When I tore by right bicep back in late October 2015, I actually contemplated quitting. Before that I had dealt with injuries to my knee and both ankles so I was really discouraged. The left ankle was the worst. I was grinding bone on bone and they need to put a piece of metal in there. The rehab was even worse since it took over 2 years for me to able to walk for long periods of time without pain. Some of you saw my limping at comps after that surgery.

When I contemplated quitting, I realized that isn’t who I am. I always fight. So I decided to come back. Two days after the bicep repair surgery, I walked to the gym with a soft cast on my arm to begin training again. I decided if I’m coming back, I’m coming back stronger than ever. I feel like this is a second chance and I’m totally rededicated.

Just want to thank everyone for the support and motivation. Big thanks especially to Bill and the other admins who keep this board going. Also huge thanks to Matt and Kristy Cannon for coordinating the shipping with me. Huge thanks to my training partner Anthony Clarino for being my camera man. 

I leave for a cruise on Thursday so I’ll relax and enjoy the accomplishment. I’m happy but not satisfied though. I’ll start training for the MM8 as soon as I get back. Job isn’t done yet. Still work to do.

Never be satisfied Chez! It’s what it’s all about! The next big thing!!!

Congrats Chez!! You destroyed that! The passion and emotion there literally gave me chills. Onward to the mm8! :rock

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chez said:

Wow. I’m tired but super happy right now. It’s been such a long road. When I tore by right bicep back in late October 2015, I actually contemplated quitting. Before that I had dealt with injuries to my knee and both ankles so I was really discouraged. The left ankle was the worst. I was grinding bone on bone and they need to put a piece of metal in there. The rehab was even worse since it took over 2 years for me to able to walk for long periods of time without pain. Some of you saw my limping at comps after that surgery.

When I contemplated quitting, I realized that isn’t who I am. I always fight. So I decided to come back. Two days after the bicep repair surgery, I walked to the gym with a soft cast on my arm to begin training again. I decided if I’m coming back, I’m coming back stronger than ever. I feel like this is a second chance and I’m totally rededicated.

Just want to thank everyone for the support and motivation. Big thanks especially to Bill and the other admins who keep this board going. Also huge thanks to Matt and Kristy Cannon for coordinating the shipping with me. Huge thanks to my training partner Anthony Clarino for being my camera man. 

I leave for a cruise on Thursday so I’ll relax and enjoy the accomplishment. I’m happy but not satisfied though. I’ll start training for the MM8 as soon as I get back. Job isn’t done yet. Still work to do.

As I said a while back I believe you'll get higher up on the ladder... 

Very inspirational to watch your gripper progress, very well deserved success as well, coming back after the bicep injury and all. 

• Like 1

Hells Yeah!  Congrats man!  On to the 8!

• Like 1

Congratulations man!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

I love Chez reaction after the 2nd close and the dialogue between him and his buddy filming- raw emotion at its finest!!

I agree.

Way to destroy that thing.  Fantastic display of grip strength!

Riccardo

• Like 2

I think this is the first time I have used up all the likes I’m allowed for the day haha. You guys rock. Thank you so much for the kind words. Another reason I came back is the friends I have made through grip. When I was injured and away from comps I missed competing and hanging out with everyone. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 3

Dude you just went to grip heaven.

• Like 1

Now every night, before Heracles goes to sleep, he checks underneath his bed for Cesare Ricchezza.

• Like 4

Wow!!! Congrats Chez! You are the King!

• Like 1

Congratulation, an impressive achievement!

Best Regards/Göran

• Like 1

I love the energy level and mocking the gripper! I heard that 2nd close here in Astoria Sunday night! And for three! Congrats on the cert!

• Like 3

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:21 PM, TheVictoryGrip! said:

Now every night, before Heracles goes to sleep, he checks underneath his bed for Cesare Ricchezza.

Best.

Comment.

Ever.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Anton.Torrella said:

I love the energy level and mocking the gripper! I heard that 2nd close here in Astoria Sunday night! And for three! Congrats on the cert!

Yeah the mock was classic.  And so funny what he was mocking, which even Heracles would have struggled with ... it is freaking ZEUS material.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Yeah the mock was classic.  And so funny what he was mocking, which even Heracles would have struggled with ... it is freaking ZEUS material.

Is Heracles the love child of Hera and Hercules?

54 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Is Heracles the love child of Hera and Hercules?

Nope, he's Hercules.  Hercules is just the way modern people usually refer to him, but the older Greek version of the name (albeit with Latinized letters) is Heracles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heracles

• Like 1

On 6/26/2018 at 12:26 PM, Chez said:

I follow your blog and the blog rocks.  You came back from it all and brought it to the MM7, in a way no one could have imagined. I could see the whole set, with the MM7..just pure destruction 😯  Keep training how you do brother and  rest up 😎  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Holy moly!

how did i miss this?!

HUGE congrats brother! I remember back when we were both working towards a #3 ccs about the same time...

you have come a long ways homie! And well deserved!

respect!

Thanks Tommy! I remember those days. Crazy how time flies. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Another point of note id like to make evident here for others in pursuit of big gripper closes.

many times here on the board i have heard people say that folks who go on to be #4 closers, allegedly are only people who are able to do it fairly quickly upon getting into grip. Or people with “good” genetics, rather. While that has indeed been the case a handful of times, i now know that there is no real merit to it. Not in the sense that someone can confidently decide who they think will be a #4 closer one day or who they think wont. Or who they think will go on to reside at the top of the MM ladder or who they think wont.

while genetics are certainly the main factor that determines how fast someone might get to a #4 or top of the MM ladder level, genetics dont trump hard work and determination.

Chez was one of the guys who said early on he would go on to get to this level with grippers. And he followed through! So let this be a big motivator for anyone new to grip, or even vetted, that still wants to get to this level with grippers.

if i remember right, it was late 2011’ish that Chez was first training for a #3 ccs. So thats about 7 years of hard work he put in to get from a #3ccs to a dominant MM7 close.

and another FYI, Paul Knight took 11 years to get to MM7 from the time he first touched grippers. and he was not able to even close an Ironmind #1 when he started.

what does that mean?... it means dont give up! If it were easy, everyone would do it. And genetics dont get to pick who makes it to the finish line. You do!

once again, great job Chez! I have no doubts that you will continue to go onwards and upwards from here.

Great post. Right on the money Tommy. Probably your best post ever here. :)

• Like 5