Custom Choker Gripper from Cannon Powerworks

Glenni

Got a package from Cannonpowerworks.com today with my new custom choker gripper coc#3 and coc#3,5! They are absolutely perfect. I have an injury in my left biceps, so can not set a gripper in any of my hands for a while. These grippers will help me alot to continue training heavy parallel set closes. Thanks to Matt and Kristy for allways great service. Have someone else here tried these? And what did you think?

20180625_221717.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

I just purchased some used choker grippers.  Haven't had a chance to use them yet.  How have you been liking yours now that you've had them for awhile?

4 hours ago, RagingTrain said:

I just purchased some used choker grippers.  Haven't had a chance to use them yet.  How have you been liking yours now that you've had them for awhile?

Hello,

I tested out the nr #3, the first gripper session I had after I got them. It was great! Previously, I used a hose clamp to choke the gripper, sometimes I got my skin stuck under the hose clamp, that wasnt great. 

Not long after that, I managed to set grippers in my right hand again. And I think the #3,5 is too heavy for my right hand, and the #3 is too heavy for my left hand. So have not exercised more with them afterwards.

But my next gripper workout I will try the #3,5 narrow set with my right and the #3 narrow set with my left👍 then I'll write how it went.

Which choker grippers did you buy?

• Like 1

Pinching the skin in the clamp sounds terrible!  I have an unrated 2.5 and an unrated 3.  

• Like 1

On 7/30/2018 at 2:21 AM, RagingTrain said:

Pinching the skin in the clamp sounds terrible!  I have an unrated 2.5 and an unrated 3.  

Today I had a great workout with the custom choker grippers. With my right hand I used coc#3,5 and did 0,7cm set, I managed to move it a bit, before I helped it closed (five sets). 

Left hand (off hand) I used coc#3 and did 0,8cm set, 5x1rep quite simple actually.

Next time I will go more narrow with the coc#3,5 and wider with the coc#3.    

You must include them in to your workout.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Glenni said:

Today I had a great workout with the custom choker grippers. With my right hand I used coc#3,5 and did 0,7cm set, I managed to move it a bit, before I helped it closed (five sets). 

Left hand (off hand) I used coc#3 and did 0,8cm set, 5x1rep quite simple actually.

Next time I will go more narrow with the coc#3,5 and wider with the coc#3.    

You must include them in to your workout.

Thanks Glenni.  Sounds like they're very helpful. 

• 3 years later...

20220724_185852.jpg

Here's mine, the instructions are to get one you can already rep, however I got one that is one of my current goal grippers, I've closed it once so far from parallel, plan is to gradually increase ROM over time, the hardware definitely makes contact with your hand, and I'd probably get more use out of it if I got a lighter one that I was working with at different ROM's more often. They also look really nice

Edited by C8Myotome
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I remember when the concept of trying to do this was thrown around many many years ago.  Just great innovation by Cannon Powerworks and note the upgrade on the "wing nut" hardware too from 4 years ago! @Cannon

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

Hey Matt @Cannon, noticed all of your choker grippers and conversion service are listed as sold out. Any information on the future of either of those? Thanks!

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 3:39 AM, Wannagrip said:

I remember when the concept of trying to do this was thrown around many many years ago.  Just great innovation by Cannon Powerworks and note the upgrade on the "wing nut" hardware too from 4 years ago! @Cannon

Thanks Bill! I do want to credit Aaron Corcorran with the actual design. He initially made all ours but once we had Tom it made more sense for him to do the work locally. Tom made those knobs that matched the gripper handles. :)

14 hours ago, Jared P said:

Hey Matt @Cannon, noticed all of your choker grippers and conversion service are listed as sold out. Any information on the future of either of those? Thanks!

This is what’s going on. 😌 We hope to have the grippers back in April. Finding a shop for choker conversions has been hard. It’s a weird small-batch on-demand job that needs a quick turn time. I’m learning that Tom was practically doing it for free. We’ll figure it out eventually even if I have to get a drill press and have Justin at our new shop make a fixture. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cannon said:

This is what’s going on. 😌 We hope to have the grippers back in April. Finding a shop for choker conversions has been hard. It’s a weird small-batch on-demand job that needs a quick turn time. I’m learning that Tom was practically doing it for free. We’ll figure it out eventually even if I have to get a drill press and have Justin at our new shop make a fixture. 

Thanks for explaining; I wasn't active on Gripboard during that time, and missed this news. Everything makes a lot more sense now.

• Like 1