Jump to content
NealB

Breaking Single jack chain #8 with only hands

Recommended Posts

NealB

This video is of me breaking single jack chain #8 x 3 feet long with only my hands and gloves. Please let me know what you guys think and if you or anyone you know can do this. Thank you and have a great day training.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAxqbaD0Tp8

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squeezus

I've never seen it, but I want to try now. Badass feat, Neal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NealB
1 hour ago, Squeezus said:

I've never seen it, but I want to try now. Badass feat, Neal.

Thank you very much, please try and let me know what you think 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anton.Torrella

Totally badass! Definitely gotta try this too - Congrats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adam Juncker

Very cool. Chain breaking has always been a cool feat. Dangerous too. 

Any idea how much force it takes to break the chain? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NealB
15 hours ago, Anton.Torrella said:

Totally badass! Definitely gotta try this too - Congrats!

Thanks man, much appreciated 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NealB
12 hours ago, Adam Juncker said:

Very cool. Chain breaking has always been a cool feat. Dangerous too. 

Any idea how much force it takes to break the chain? 

Thanks man. I wondered the same thing. I have a few ideas to test this. If anyone else knows how please feel free to post it here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adam Juncker
5 hours ago, NealB said:

Thanks man. I wondered the same thing. I have a few ideas to test this. If anyone else knows how please feel free to post it here.

I searched and found the "Safe Working Load" for a particular brand single jack #8 was 88lbs, but that will probably vary depending on the material too.  "Safe Working Load" is an insurance/liability thing too, the chain should be able hold quite a bit more.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andrew Dube

http://www.lacledechain.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/NACM_Weldless.pdf

This is a great chart I came across when I was experimenting with breaking chains a while ago. 

#8 single jack chain has a minimum breaking force of 240lb

Very cool feat! Thank you for sharing!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NealB
16 hours ago, Andrew Dube said:

http://www.lacledechain.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/NACM_Weldless.pdf

This is a great chart I came across when I was experimenting with breaking chains a while ago. 

#8 single jack chain has a minimum breaking force of 240lb

Very cool feat! Thank you for sharing!

Thanks for checking it out and posting the link. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.