Derek Poundstone put me in the hospital: Rhabdo

Mike Rinderle

Here's the set that did me in.  115 reps with an axle

https://youtu.be/X3QfcNN_zoU

Should make a full recovery as long as they keep my kidneys working good.

Edited by Mike Rinderle

Holy hell, Rhabdo? That’s bad! Hope you make a full recovery soon. Please keep us up to date on how this is going for you.

• Like 1

What the heck?  Seems to me something so major like that would be more than that set and keto. Maybe you had "built up" so to speak and that set was the final straw?  Good gosh Mike...I hope you never have that happen again! :(

• Like 1

CEO Mike, I hope you are feeling better😇

• Like 1

4 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Holy hell, Rhabdo? That’s bad! Hope you make a full recovery soon. Please keep us up to date on how this is going for you.

Thanks Wiggy.  Luckily I went to the Emergency room as soon as my pee turned brown.  They got it early enough that there will hopefully no permanent damage to my kidneys.  My non-existent biceps will probably be a little more non-existent.  Lol

Normal Creatine Kinase levels in the blood are 22 - 198.  Mine was 17,000 and climbing.  Go big or go home I always say.  😉

Edited by Mike Rinderle

1 hour ago, Wannagrip said:

What the heck?  Seems to me something so major like that would be more than that set and keto. Maybe you had "built up" so to speak and that set was the final straw?  Good gosh Mike...I hope you never have that happen again! :(

Apparently it only takes one set.  I really don't do curls.  So not being used to them, having low muscle glycogen to start with from keto, and pushing like that on high reps was enough. That set was Sunday night. I knew I was in trouble Monday.  Once my pee turned brown yesterday, I headed right to the ER.

Of course I got a 600lb pull on the Napalm's Nightmare first.  Haha

600lbs with rhabdo has to be some kind of record. 😎

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kluv#0 said:

CEO Mike, I hope you are feeling better😇

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Praying for you brother. Stay healthy man! 

1 hour ago, FrankD said:

Wishing you a quick recovery Mike. 

13 minutes ago, Kashtan said:

Wishing you a fast recovery Mike. Be careful.

Thanks for the well wishes guys.  Really appreciate it. 

Get well soon - Rhabdo is serious stuff.  I am surprised through that a muscle as small as "your" biceps was able to create that much waste production :)

• Haha 3

Maybe now we'll see a curl event at the next crossfit games! 

Best wishes for your recovery Mike.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

Truth be told, this is the set that did it.

IMG_73161.jpg

I hate reading about stuff like this, makes me feel bad.

I wish you a speedy recovery man.

• Thanks 1

So...

This morning's Creatine kinase numbers went in the wrong direction.  Moved me to a different room for a higher level of monitoring.

3 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Thanks Wiggy.  Luckily I went to the Emergency room as soon as my pee turned brown.  They got it early enough that there will hopefully no permanent damage to my kidneys.  My non-existent biceps will probably be a little more non-existent.  Lol

Normal Creatine Kinase levels in the blood are 22 - 198.  Mine was 17,000 and climbing.  Go big or go home I always say.  😉

Serves you right for curling in the squat rack 😁

• Haha 1

Hope you are better soon Mike!

• Thanks 1

And the CK number from last night's bloodwork is still on the rise.  22,400 from 18,000.  Good news is, they've seen a lot worse.  Bad news is, it should be dropping.  I always was an over achiever.  🙄

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

And the CK number from last night's bloodwork is still on the rise.  22,400 from 18,000.  Good news is, they've seen a lot worse.  Bad news is, it should be dropping.  I always was an over achiever.  🙄

You’ll make it out fine brother you’re a tough bastard!

5 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

You’ll make it out fine brother you’re a tough bastard!

Yea, I just want to get out of here.

sorry to hear man. you are tough dude though. Hope you get back to training soon. Glad the wrist roller at NAGS didn't put us in the hospital 😜

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chez said:

sorry to hear man. you are tough dude though. Hope you get back to training soon. Glad the wrist roller at NAGS didn't put us in the hospital 😜

Fact.

Down a little this morning.   Finally moving in right direction.

• Like 4

Bad news.  Numbers went back up for some reason.  24,000.  Should be under 200. They are now pushing a liter of fluid an hour into me via the IV.  Should be a fun night of peeing.  So I got that going for me.  🤣

Sorry to hear this - good luck!

• Thanks 1