Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Flesher

Will there be a Gold Nail cert within ...

Recommended Posts

KapMan

Would someone produce a better explanation on bending isos? 

When to implement them, how to implement them etc. i have the steel benders helpers that could be used for a variety of techniques. I just to grab another to have a better spread.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danny Young
42 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Would someone produce a better explanation on bending isos? 

When to implement them, how to implement them etc. i have the steel benders helpers that could be used for a variety of techniques. I just to grab another to have a better spread.

Personally I have no idea because I've always hated the concept of isos training. I've always stuck with singles doubles and triples since i started bending back in july of 2016.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jlark27
7 hours ago, Danny Young said:

I think after I finish up a few more goals of mine. I will go after the Ironmind gold. I should've done it a long time ago but I got caught up in other things.

 Didn't you say that your going to retire from the bending world once you've bent the fabled Edgin...?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jlark27
5 hours ago, KapMan said:

Would someone produce a better explanation on bending isos? 

When to implement them, how to implement them etc. i have the steel benders helpers that could be used for a variety of techniques. I just to grab another to have a better spread.

To me, isos or isolated movements can be utilized and focused on in just about any type of training.  Focusing on weaker links of a particualr lift or feat and strengthening them.

Speaking strictly from a double overhand standpoint, there are multiple common sticking points that isos will help get past. 

For example, if working on the end of the crush on a bar, from lets say 4 to 2 inches, you could use isos for just that. Robert mentioned the gripper chest crushes which is an example of strengthening a particular portion of a bend through the use of concentrated isolated movements.

Same goes for the kink.

There are many ways of performing isos to suit your needs. Not sure about the rebar though. Waiting to hear more about that. 

I hope that makes sense. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danny Young
8 hours ago, Jlark27 said:

 Didn't you say that your going to retire from the bending world once you've bent the fabled Edgin...?

People have the ability to change their minds. Maybe you're not aware of that concept. I still have several bends I am going for in 1IMP. But my main goals were always to bend an edgin and KOAB in IMPs only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jlark27
1 hour ago, Danny Young said:

People have the ability to change their minds. Maybe you're not aware of that concept. I still have several bends I am going for in 1IMP. But my main goals were always to bend an edgin and KOAB in IMPs only.

I'm sick of your poor attitude and your socially awkward comments. I was being serious with my question. I know people can change their mind, hence why I was asking. I guess its my fault for quoting you in the first place. Good luck with your bends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danny Young
35 minutes ago, Jlark27 said:

I'm sick of your poor attitude and your socially awkward comments. I was being serious with my question. I know people can change their mind, hence why I was asking. I guess its my fault for quoting you in the first place. Good luck with your 

Edited by Danny Young

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danny Young
22 minutes ago, Danny Young said:

 

I dont know what you've been reading but I never made any socially awkward comments. I could say the same thing about everyone's attitude.

Edited by Danny Young

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donc101
16 hours ago, KapMan said:

Would someone produce a better explanation on bending isos? 

When to implement them, how to implement them etc. i have the steel benders helpers that could be used for a variety of techniques. I just to grab another to have a better spread.

Check out this thread for some good talk on bending iso training: https://www.ironmind-forum.com/forum/training/bending_aa/107-nail-bending/page2.  Check out all the pages of posts. 

i like this article for iso info in general: http://powerandmight.blogspot.com/2012/06/11-reasons-you-must-do-isometrics-by.html

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jlark27
1 minute ago, Danny Young said:

I dont know what you've been reading but I never made any socially awkward comments. I could say the same thing about everyone's attitude.

Okay, if you want to continue the convo, you can message me. Otherwise, lets not take away from this topic. This thread is for serious benders trying to help each other. Sorry for speaking my mind Danny. Truly do hope you take down a gold as it will be another win for us small guys!   Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danny Young
38 minutes ago, Jlark27 said:

Okay, if you want to continue the convo, you can message me. Otherwise, lets not take away from this topic. This thread is for serious benders trying to help each other. Sorry for speaking my mind Danny. Truly do hope you take down a gold as it will be another win for us small guys!   Cheers.

Speaking your mind is one thing but making false statements is another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buccos1

Guys, try to keep it civil or it will be locked.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danny Young
16 minutes ago, Buccos1 said:

Guys, try to keep it civil or it will be locked.

We are. We've taken to PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wannagrip
3 hours ago, Danny Young said:

We are. We've taken to PM.

This doesn't mean being civil obviously. Take it OFF the forum if you want to argue, etc.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danny Young
5 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

This doesn't mean being civil obviously. Take it OFF the forum if you want to argue, etc.  

I'm not going to continue our conversation with him. And I am surely not going to take it on YouTube or facebook. 

Edited by Danny Young

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wannagrip
Just now, Danny Young said:

I'm not going to continue our conversation with him. And I am surely not going to take it on YouTube or facebook. 

There is a feature called Ignore User by selecting the pulldown at your username top right of the forum.  I suggest you guys both use it. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KapMan
20 hours ago, Jlark27 said:

To me, isos or isolated movements can be utilized and focused on in just about any type of training.  Focusing on weaker links of a particualr lift or feat and strengthening them.

Speaking strictly from a double overhand standpoint, there are multiple common sticking points that isos will help get past. 

For example, if working on the end of the crush on a bar, from lets say 4 to 2 inches, you could use isos for just that. Robert mentioned the gripper chest crushes which is an example of strengthening a particular portion of a bend through the use of concentrated isolated movements.

Same goes for the kink.

There are many ways of performing isos to suit your needs. Not sure about the rebar though. Waiting to hear more about that. 

I hope that makes sense. 

Kink for sure is my weakest like that I can identify for sure DU. My bending style is deliberate. Not super crazy explosive i guess

 

Interested to know how to iso that to really bring power into. Im confident that if I can kink a red ill crush it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jlark27
1 hour ago, KapMan said:

Kink for sure is my weakest like that I can identify for sure DU. My bending style is deliberate. Not super crazy explosive i guess

 

Interested to know how to iso that to really bring power into. Im confident that if I can kink a red ill crush it.

Once you kink the red, the crush melts. 

I never worked isos before I bent the red. Believe it or not, 5/16 hot rolled steel helped me get there faster than anything else. 

Try focusing on really good technique with hot rolled steel and the red will fall soon after. 

It took me over 7 years to bend the red nail, with on and off training. It wasnt until I started training consistantly for 3 months, that I bent the red. So consistency is also imperitave to success. 

The best way to get the red to kink is by bending hot rolled steel at 5/16 diameter. Thats what worked for me.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
robertmiller67

Hey guys, as promised here’s a couple of pics of the rebar & heavy gripper I use for ISO work!  

The rebar fits around my neck & I hold that position as long as possible...

  not till I “black out” but pretty darn close!  😎💪🏻💪🏻

I got the gripper from the legendary gripster ‘Bob Sundin’... It was rated @ around 263-lbs if I remember correctly! (Note size of spring relation to 1/2” rebar) 

   It works great for developing that finale crush down imo.  The leather was added to simulate wraps & save my palms as the handles really dig into your hands! 

I have one I use for the kink  as well which I’ll post later...  misplaced it somewhere or my kids got ahold of it!?  😆👍🏻

Cheers all!

- Rob

3BA62596-C9DC-4886-BA71-5BE7036D4B99.jpeg

6976305A-165E-41CA-87CF-6AACE99523D7.jpeg

Edited by robertmiller67
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donc101
30 minutes ago, robertmiller67 said:

Hey guys, as promised here’s a couple of pics of the rebar & heavy gripper I use for ISO work!  

The rebar fits around my neck & I hold that position as long as possible...

  not till I “black out” but pretty darn close!  😎💪🏻💪🏻

I got the gripper from the legendary gripster ‘Bob Sundin’... It was rated @ around 263-lbs if I remember correctly! (Note size of spring relation to 1/2” rebar) 

   It works great for developing that finale crush down imo.  The leather was added to simulate wraps & save my palms as the handles really dig into your hands! 

I have one I use for the kink  as well which I’ll post later...  misplaced it somewhere or my kids got ahold of it!?  😆👍🏻

Cheers all!

- Rob

3BA62596-C9DC-4886-BA71-5BE7036D4B99.jpeg

6976305A-165E-41CA-87CF-6AACE99523D7.jpeg

Thanks Robert. Good ideas. How long is that piece of rebar?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KapMan

This is gold. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom Flesher

Pun intended?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
robertmiller67

Hey donc not sure of the full length bud...  outta town on business at the moment. I’ll measure it when I get home to confirm.  

I know the distance between the ends is around 8” to simulate the Gold!  It develops that internal crushing power at the start of the kink imho..  seems to work well for me! 

👊🏻👍🏻

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donc101
2 hours ago, robertmiller67 said:

Hey donc not sure of the full length bud...  outta town on business at the moment. I’ll measure it when I get home to confirm.  

I know the distance between the ends is around 8” to simulate the Gold!  It develops that internal crushing power at the start of the kink imho..  seems to work well for me! 

👊🏻👍🏻

So you are just pushing in and driving forward with it? I have a 40" x 3/4" bent piece of hrs and I put it around my neck and tried it like that and I liked the way it felt.  I could see carry over to DO bending with this type of iso. Thanks for info. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anton.Torrella

Very interesting training method with the rebar around your neck - thanks for sharing, I gotta try it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.