Tyukalov prepared to Millennium

Kashtan

Hello,

It doesn't look like a Millennium to me...I think that name is reserved for the real thing, which is a very different beast to pick up.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

Hello,

It doesn't look like a Millennium to me...I think that name is reserved for the real thing, which is a very different beast to pick up.

Sure you absolutely right Laine, i agree. So this is just preparation. He has no other equipment. I have an exact replica of Millennium. I hope Alexey can сome to me.

Edited by Kashtan
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 11:02 AM, Kashtan said:

Sure you absolutely right Laine, i agree. So this is just preparation. He has no other equipment. I have an exact replica of Millennium. I hope Alexey can сome to me.

Likewise, that axle is not really an Ironmind Apollon's Axle.  There is a big difference.  I am not questioning Alexey's strength.  I have lifted against him 3 times in Los Angeles and I am very sure of how good he is. 

3 hours ago, riccardomagni said:

Likewise, that axle is not really an Ironmind Apollon's Axle.  There is a big difference.  I am not questioning Alexey's strength.  I have lifted against him 3 times in Los Angeles and I am very sure of how good he is. 

Sure, this is not original Ironmind, just 50 mm thick bar, in title this video a correct.

5 hours ago, Kashtan said:

Sure, this is not original Ironmind, just 50 mm thick bar, in title this video a correct.

I understand and I know that you are very strong and you understand the difference between a 50mm bar and a real Ironmind Axle.  Still very few people (or zero people) can do what Alexey does.  He is very, very strong. 

I am still waiting for someone else to come lift my Myers bell. Alexey would do it easily no doubt.

26 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

I am still waiting for someone else to come lift my Myers bell. Alexey would do it easily no doubt.

What is Myers bell? Size of handle, weight? Shot loaded?

1 minute ago, Kashtan said:

What is Myers bell? Size of handle, weight? Shot loaded?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

Really nice Dumbbell! I as understand, 2.5'' handle and 200 lbs - much easier than MDB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kashtan said:

Really nice Dumbbell! I as understand, 2.5'' handle and 200 lbs - much easier than MDB.

Probably, but with a 2 3/8” the MDB will feel different in the hand. I pull around 230 lbs on the 2.5” Crusher and the Myers bell is pretty hard for me. I would like to think I’m not too far off from lifting a MDB. Hopefully I can try it one day!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kashtan said:

Really nice Dumbbell!

And thanks! I throughly enjoy having it in my collection. One of a kind!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

I pull around 230 lbs on the 2.5” Crusher

lifting a MDB. Hopefully I can try it one day!

This is colossal result! 

Link on video?

Millennium in USA have one Odd Haugen and three are John Wood. You can come and try. And also have one Joel Sward.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 9:48 PM, LAINE SNOOK said:

Hello,

It isn't of course. But Kashtan has a language barrier I am sure he meant on the road to the real Millennium. The real ones are much harder despite some people claim to can clean it. They living the impossible dream which even satan has a better chance to enter heaven. 

On 5/25/2018 at 10:02 PM, Kashtan said:

Is it the same dimensions exactly? Because smaller globe bells are easier.

On 5/27/2018 at 5:56 PM, riccardomagni said:

I understand and I know that you are very strong and you understand the difference between a 50mm bar and a real Ironmind Axle.  Still very few people (or zero people) can do what Alexey does.  He is very, very strong. 

What is the IM bar thickness and why it is harder?

6 hours ago, Kashtan said:

This is colossal result! 

Link on video?

Millennium in USA have one Odd Haugen and three are John Wood. You can come and try. And also have one Joel Sward.

No John Wood sold some, One to Kevin Bussi and another I think to Shane Larson.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

It isn't of course. But Kashtan has a language barrier I am sure he meant on the road to the real Millennium. The real ones are much harder despite some people claim to can clean it. They living the impossible dream which even satan has a better chance to enter heaven. 

Exactly.

I think Alexey gave an incorrect name to his video. This is his opinion. I agree with Laine.

My MDB replica have 103 kilos weight on 2 3/8 diameter (6 cm) and length 24''. Very light knurl. Globes 23 cm. 

Thanks for info about MDB in USA.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Ironmind bar is 50mm and no knurling.  Covered almost in a light oil to prevent rust.  The problem, and this is after going to Russia last year and also talking to the 3 Russian guys that I have competed against including Alexey, is that many of the Russians train on a thinner bar that is actually a type of pipe.  This can bend much easier than an axle.  ANY bend in the bar makes a double overhand lift much easier because instead of rolling out of the hands, the bar will either not roll or roll into the hand. 

The Ironmind Axle won't bend unless you drop it on a box or power rack. 

Does that make sense? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kashtan said:

This is colossal result! 

Link on video?

not trying to deal rail the topic, but here is a link to a video where I pulled 225lbs at KK last year . The frame for the handle broke off of the handle itself and then bent out of shape so I was unable to try anymore. I am certain I could have pulled more that day. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

not trying to deal rail the topic, but here is a link to a video where I pulled 225lbs at KK last year . The frame for the handle broke off of the handle itself and then bent out of shape so I was unable to try anymore. I am certain I could have pulled more that day. 

I remembered.
You had an excellent easy there.
You can lift the Millennium.

14 hours ago, riccardomagni said:

Ironmind bar is 50mm and no knurling.  Covered almost in a light oil to prevent rust.  The problem, and this is after going to Russia last year and also talking to the 3 Russian guys that I have competed against including Alexey, is that many of the Russians train on a thinner bar that is actually a type of pipe.  This can bend much easier than an axle.  ANY bend in the bar makes a double overhand lift much easier because instead of rolling out of the hands, the bar will either not roll or roll into the hand. 

Does that make sense? 

Yes makes total sense. Wow didn't know that. But I have also heard IM one isn't as strong.

3 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Yes makes total sense. Wow didn't know that. But I have also heard IM one isn't as strong.

The Ironmind Axle is very strong.  It was used in WSM for many years until they switched to Rogue this year. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, riccardomagni said:

Does that make sense? 

On contests Alexey maximum lift on Axle from IM - 220 kg. VVGC in Los Expo 2015.

2016 - 210 kg. 

2018 - 210 kg

On contest in Russia on his axle his lift 228 kg- @Beargrip@ axle. 

@Russkaya osj@ from silarukov his best result - 230 kg. There's a rough coat blue color, it's a well-known fact, and in comparison with IM axle result higher on 10 kg average.

But on my own, I know that a long flight can adversely affect the shape.

Edited by Kashtan

Let's not forget that on Friday he lifted 228 kg at the tournament on axle, and the next day he took part in the King Kong and won there, with a new world record at Crusher 2.5'' at 105.68kg. A similar story KK did not know yet.

5 hours ago, Kashtan said:

On contests Alexey maximum lift on Axle from IM - 220 kg. VVGC in Los Expo 2015.

2016 - 210 kg. 

2018 - 210 kg

On contest in Russia on his axle his lift 228 kg- @Beargrip@ axle. 

@Russkaya osj@ from silarukov his best result - 230 kg. There's a rough coat blue color, it's a well-known fact, and in comparison with IM axle result higher on 10 kg average.

But on my own, I know that a long flight can adversely affect the shape.

Agreed.  Long flight can make a difference.

It looks like IM Axle is about 10kg more difficult than other axles.

3 hours ago, Kashtan said:

Let's not forget that on Friday he lifted 228 kg at the tournament on axle, and the next day he took part in the King Kong and won there, with a new world record at Crusher 2.5'' at 105.68kg. A similar story KK did not know yet.

Good point.  

He is very strong.

On 5/28/2018 at 1:05 AM, Kashtan said:

This is colossal result! 

Link on video?

Odd Haugen does not have one right now.  He had one and was borrowing it from Kevin Bussi.  He would love to get another one, however...

Edited by riccardomagni
  • Like 3