Dovetail Pinch

JHenze646

Some time ago I came across some wedges at work and I speculated how they migh work as a pinch apparatus. I gathered together some materials but was out of the 2 inch pipe I like to use for the connection to the loading pin. Besides the weather was awful. The idea had to wait.

A few months later i was able to get some pipe and get a little welding done. I made a rough model first. Then after a little testing, I made the nicer one below.D48292E8-9A5D-4665-9061-8F81E0BE02AD.thumb.jpeg.af40e9823f729236f1fe5a1fcc9144f4.jpeg739B5FEB-3B77-4DF4-81A8-57FB919D6A21.thumb.jpeg.a12afd66bc8b78b2fe9f5e1e57358e90.jpeg

With only a 2 inch tall by 6 inch wide gripping surface, the DT pinch is used to strengthen thumb and fingertip pressure for other one hand pinch lifts. The sloped pinching surfaces reduce the joint pressure compared to a thin pinch-style apparatus. It was designed to work with the Grip N Bend loading pin but will also work well with other lesser loading pins. I gave it a few light coats of paint while leaving the gripping surface bare metal. While I won’t be selling this or any Dovetail Pinch implements, this one is going to be set aside as a giveaway for an upcoming Challenge  here on the Gripboard. 😉

Feel free to copy or experiment with this idea. All the best

• Like 7

I was thinking about doing this with my toproll eliminator handle which is teardrop shaped versus using the squared off top. Great idea!!

1D9F1E03-1F72-4C23-8545-3FE1A1E90C2E.jpeg

• Like 3

Pretty cool, my immediate thought is to make a reversible one so you have a gold bar and a dovetail all in one device

• Like 1