Vinnie

Recent study on grip strength says we rock!

Vinnie
Posted (edited)

I found this referenced on Reddit but then went and read the original article.  From the conclusion paragraph:  "HGS [hand grip strength] alone might be the most important measurement of male strength. Thus, we encourage researchers to assess the specific effects of HGS within future studies and work toward developing a standardized technique for assessing this preeminent trait."

The study links hand grip strength, specifically (as opposed to general overall strength), to longevity, attractiveness, socialization, health, and pretty much just awesomeness. 

So we are on the right track!  Full study published here:  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5898311/?report=classic

Edited by Vinnie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Mike Rinderle
Posted (edited)

I printed and posted this on the fridge and my wife's bathroom mirror so she knows just how incredibly attractive and awesome I am.  Also put a note on there explaining that all the time I spend on grip work in the shed of tears is obviously for her.

She's a lucky woman.  😁

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Climber028

I suspect that causality is reversed, healthy attractive long living people do more activities that would increase grip strength. It's a good indicator but it doesn't mean you can squeeze things and become attractive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mike Rinderle
2 hours ago, Climber028 said:

I suspect that causality is reversed, healthy attractive long living people do more activities that would increase grip strength. It's a good indicator but it doesn't mean you can squeeze things and become attractive.

Obviously I'm never letting you talk to my wife. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Climber028
6 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Obviously I'm never letting you talk to my wife. 

That's a good strategy for everyone, I'm irresistible

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Vinnie
7 hours ago, Climber028 said:

Maybe success at grip imparts a confident swagger that augments one's charisma.

• Like 2

Anton.Torrella

Its that general awesomeness - pinch makes the panties come off

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TheVictoryGrip!
On 5/15/2018 at 2:07 PM, Vinnie said:

I found this referenced on Reddit but then went and read the original article.  From the conclusion paragraph:  "HGS [hand grip strength] alone might be the most important measurement of male strength. Thus, we encourage researchers to assess the specific effects of HGS within future studies and work toward developing a standardized technique for assessing this preeminent trait."

The study links hand grip strength, specifically (as opposed to general overall strength), to longevity, attractiveness, socialization, health, and pretty much just awesomeness. 

So we are on the right track!  Full study published here:  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5898311/?report=classic

Even more reason to maintain a good grip! 💪😁👍

• Like 1