Sign in to follow this  
Hubgeezer

Doubt This Has Been Done: Double Grip Cert Same Day

Eric Roussin

I've always loved this clip!

Alawadhi
On 5/17/2018 at 10:53 PM, Kashtan said:

Yes, Rich first man in history he can cert on 3 and 3.5 one day.

Plus lift Circus Dumbbell ? On the same day? This is most likely. Arnold 2009 was on only March 6 and 7.

Video with Circus DB i find later

Thanks for posting the video. Now do you have the video where Brian Shaw and Rich Williams attempted the CoC #3.5? I am sure there is somewhere.

On 5/17/2018 at 11:11 PM, Kashtan said:

Catch.

Thanks! I know you have it saved somewhere. Good job on documenting grip history.

On 5/18/2018 at 4:18 AM, Hubgeezer said:

Thanks for posting this. I was convinced it had been removed.

Notice that all three of these guys are: a) Monster Sized b) Extremely Strong, and c) Well, I was going to say 3.5 Certified Closers, but I am wrong, only Tex and Rich are, Brian is merely a 3 Certified Guy and multiple World's Strongest Man Winner.

It has been removed it seems. This is from his YouTube channel. As you can see Brian isn't as big or strong as he is today. The way he lifted half of 145 pounds York blob was crazy. I bet he can easily do a #3.5 cert now.

• Like 1

Geralt

It's a huge feat to cert the 3.5. The 3 was a formality of course for him on that level. What I find very amusing is, that over here on the board we talk grip, work hard and use all kind of phrases for motivation, figuring out every aspect of health, food and training for that one glorious day, specially for grippers of which the 3 and 3.5 cert are for most of us glorious results of hard work for years and perseverance. 

Then, every now and then a totally unknown dude pops up and certs the - for most of us - most impossible gripper and that mostly goes like, in defective English: 

'I train grippers everyday the negative since last month. I eat only potato chips. They come in big bags.'

Anyway I am jealous of his strength. Huge feat, congrats to him! 

Edited by Geralt
  • Like 1

Fist of Fury
30 minutes ago, Geralt said:

It's a huge feat to cert the 3.5. The 3 was a formality of course for him on that level. What I find very amusing is, that over here on the board we talk grip, work hard and use all kind of phrases for motivation, figuring out every aspect of health, food and training for that one glorious day, specially for grippers of which the 3 and 3.5 cert are for most of us glorious results of hard work for years and perseverance. 

Then, every now and then a totally unknown dude pops up and certs the - for most of us - most impossible gripper and that mostly goes like, in defective English: 

'I train grippers everyday the negative since last month. I eat only potato chips. They come in big bags.'

Anyway I am jealous of his strength. Huge feat, congrats to him! 

In this case you have to take in to consideration of the guys size. He should have large hands which makes the CCS easier. 

That is why I'm not fond of the CCS rule. I think Wade Gillingham got it right with 1.5" (38 mm) that is a way better width to use in my opinion.

Not taking anything away from people with big hands, I'm just stating a fact, many #4 closers can't cert the #3.5. 

Kashtan
On 5/20/2018 at 4:30 PM, Alawadhi said:

Now do you have the video where Brian Shaw and Rich Williams attempted the CoC #3.5? I am sure there is somewhere.

I`m remember video cert of Rich on CoC#3.5, but this video i no have, sorry.

Shaw attempt on 3.5 i`m not remember.

• Like 1