First time closes and PRs

Tim Bledsoe

This will be for anyone who wants to talk about their achievements or to just simply brag about their newest grip PR or big gripper first close. Myself, I have been working at grippers for a few months now and when I joined the board a couple weeks ago I was still about 1cm with both hands from closing the COC 2.5. Last night for the first time I saw all my hard work and dedication come together when I saw those two handles touch on the 2.5 in both hands. It may not sound like much to some but I was proud! On to the COC 3 and hopefully a certification! 

• Like 4

Congrats on the new PR. Nothing like setting a new PR on grippers. For some reason I enjoy that more than setting a PR in any other event.

I remember when I first closed a #2.5 it was a great feeling when I could feel the handles touch. Even better feeling when I closed my hard COC#3 and I was able to feel the handles on that close as well. Gripper gains are difficult, so I think that's the reason it feels so good setting a PR on grippers.

48 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Congrats on the new PR. Nothing like setting a new PR on grippers. For some reason I enjoy that more than setting a PR in any other event.

I remember when I first closed a #2.5 it was a great feeling when I could feel the handles touch. Even better feeling when I closed my hard COC#3 and I was able to feel the handles on that close as well. Gripper gains are difficult, so I think that's the reason it feels so good setting a PR on grippers.

You never forget your first 3!  lol.  I recall being excited when I closed my "hard" COC 2.5 (rated 132) for the first time, and a few months later some "easy" COC 3s (145, 146, and 148).  The biggest thrill was the 145; I did not plan to be closing my first 3 that day, but I slammed my friend's 139-rated Tetting Supermaster pretty solidly, so he said to try his 145-rated COC 3.  I did not expect to be able to close it and surprised myself, and a few weeks later got my MM0 with it.  Now I can do working sets of 3-6 with the 2.5 that just a year or so ago I was not sure I would ever close, and my goal is to close a COC rated 150+.  It never ends!  But that's great!

• Like 1

Thanks, I closed the 2.5 and told me wife which she was like "ok that's cool" lol. That's why I create this topic, so that guys could just tell someone that at least understands how difficult their new PR truly is. Also just to let guys drag for a little bit without being judged lol. Thanks for sharing fellas. Hope you hit new PRs soon!

• Like 1

I have ready created a thread bragging about it but I’m super proud that was able to close a coc #4 again after coming back from a bicep tear. It took about 2.5 years of intense training to get back to this level and this is the hardest one I have closed to date so I’m actually stronger than before the injury and now I plan to go even further

• Like 1