May’s Reddit Grip challenge

JHenze646

The challenge for May is a body weight axle hold for time. I have never done these before and quickly discovered I am not good at them. However May has just begun. I will have to channel my inner @jvance and hold on longer.

i thought I would post this here in case anyone would want to try it and share their un/official attempt.

• Like 6

Damn I wish I had an axle, could probably do an hour since I'm basically as light as an empty bar

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm in. Here's the link for any others that are interested: https://www.reddit.com/r/GripTraining/comments/8gmxui/may_challenge_fat_bar_hold/

11 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Damn I wish I had an axle, could probably do an hour since I'm basically as light as an empty bar

It says Fat Grip adapters are allowed if you have those, but they might be harder than an axle.

8 minutes ago, DAVE101 said:

I'm in. Here's the link for any others that are interested: https://www.reddit.com/r/GripTraining/comments/8gmxui/may_challenge_fat_bar_hold/

It says Fat Grip adapters are allowed if you have those, but they might be harder than an axle.

I have a 2 3/8" axle that I might try just for funsies

59 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Eat something.

9 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

Eat something.

After I break all the records in 66K I might move up and show the giants how it's done

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

The challenge for May is a body weight axle hold for time. I have never done these before and quickly discovered I am not good at them. However May has just begun. I will have to channel my inner @jvance and hold on longer.

i thought I would post this here in case anyone would want to try it and share their un/official attempt.

Great idea bro! Will have to jump in on this next week of training.

• Like 1

Crazy bro... mine was around 1300 here in tx.. both 55 seconds wth..????

Unofficial attempt but saw this so got up from nap and tried- 225lb IM axle

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Unofficial attempt but saw this so got up from nap and tried- 225lb IM axle

Nice lift!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

Nice lift!

Thanks and great job on your lift!! Cool that you shared this challenge as it got my off my backside and did something constructive.

• Like 1

Fun challenge, I never ever trained this lift. I decided I will try it now.

I was going to participate in this and the battery died in the middle of the hold. Attempted 102.5 kg thumbless, got around 25 seconds. Arms were dead on second attempt, only got 17 seconds. Will attempt again next week and make sure I have a fresh battery in my camera!

• Like 1

I made slight improvement from last week .15 seconds:) 44.35

• Like 2

We did this at Anton's house and all did pretty well, but the only one who broke the top time on reddit was the machine himself, Jose.  Here is my approximately 54-second go at my body weight, 175 (I think I can add a few seconds if I try again a couple more times, as I had never done this before last week and this week I did 10 seconds better than last):

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Vinnie said:

We did this at Anton's house and all did pretty well, but the only one who broke the top time on reddit was the machine himself, Jose.  Here is my approximately 54-second go at my body weight, 175 (I think I can add a few seconds if I try again a couple more times, as I had never done this before last week and this week I did 10 seconds better than last):

Jose is a beast!!!

Great job on your lift. We are not even half way thru the month. You could definitely add 10 seconds to your time.

I am trying the rest of the month to add some time to my lift. I think I could squeeze a few more seconds on the axle hold if Anton was cheering me on.😁

• Like 3

Tried again today, was going for 102.5 kg but actual weight on scale was 106.3 kg, got 35 seconds. I'm definitely not winning this contest that's for damn sure! :D

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Tried again today, was going for 102.5 kg but actual weight on scale was 106.3 kg, got 35 seconds. I'm definitely not winning this contest that's for damn sure! :D

Very nice hold!!

• Like 1

On 5/13/2018 at 6:40 PM, JHenze646 said:

Jose is a beast!!!

Great job on your lift. We are not even half way thru the month. You could definitely add 10 seconds to your time.

I am trying the rest of the month to add some time to my lift. I think I could squeeze a few more seconds on the axle hold if Anton was cheering me on.😁

You didn't know it, but I did scream encouragingly at your first attempt that you posted and then your second one was more than double the hold time - you're very welcome Josh

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anton.Torrella said:

You didn't know it, but I did scream encouragingly at your first attempt that you posted and then your second one was more than double the hold time - you're very welcome Josh

Ha! Thank you, Sir!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...