Ontario Armlifting Open - July 14th, 2018 - Ottawa

Eric Roussin

5 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Wow, that is surprising. 

Yes he is a beast and destroyed the 90 kilos. Just no experience with grippers I suppose. It definitely is not due to because he is not strong enough... 

My first grip contest Dec '16 - 3 guys were 600 plus deadlifters all 400lb stone guys and big time squatters- 2 of those men did 201 on RT but both could not close the COC #2 CCS gripper to complete CTD- they had never used those type of gripper before so setting was a problem and that specific strength- both can easily do it now:) Interesting nugget- I had never heard of keypinch back then only found out about it the following month, LOL

Edited by Kluv#0

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Hey Eric... any listing of who will be attending this comp yet?

Joe

Joe are you in?  I'm trying to decide -- it's a very long drive from NYC and I want to see if anyone from the area will want to split the drive with me.  I kind of want to attend.

2 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Hey Eric... any listing of who will be attending this comp yet?

Joe

There’s no pre-registration, so I don’t have an official list, but the following people are very likely to attend:

Eric Roussin

Rick Blanchard

Joe Sullivan 

Keith Steffensen 

Philippe Tremblay

Justin Major

Simon-Pierre Desjarlais 

Dan Fleming

Nick Carignan

Julie Lalonde

Jeff King

There are also another ten or so “maybes”.

10 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Joe are you in?  I'm trying to decide -- it's a very long drive from NYC and I want to see if anyone from the area will want to split the drive with me.  I kind of want to attend.

Yes I am 100% going. It’s only 4 hours from me

8 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

There’s no pre-registration, so I don’t have an official list, but the following people are very likely to attend:

Eric Roussin

Rick Blanchard

Joe Sullivan 

Keith Steffensen 

Philippe Tremblay

Justin Major

Simon-Pierre Desjarlais 

Dan Fleming

Nick Carignan

Julie Lalonde

Jeff King

There are also another ten or so “maybes”.

Thanks Eric! Can’t wait!

Joe

If you've been on the fence about attending this contest, it's not too late to jump in.

This IronMind equipment has been around a long time and I know a lot of people own some of these pieces. Why not come out and compete? :)

21 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

If you've been on the fence about attending this contest, it's not too late to jump in.

This IronMind equipment has been around a long time and I know a lot of people own some of these pieces. Why not come out and compete? :)

I am psyched dude!!! Training has been HARD in this 100 degree weather! Can’t get s handle on anything with the sweat! Don’t know how it’s been by you.... should be interesting!

^Crazy hot this past week up here too. Up to almost 120 degrees with the humidity at one point over the weekend.

1 hour ago, Eric Roussin said:

^Crazy hot this past week up here too. Up to almost 120 degrees with the humidity at one point over the weekend.

Yikes. I hope it calms down for the 14th! You got AC in your dungeon to keep the moisture down?

I don't think I am going to make it because of the distance, the divorce, etc.  Too many variables.  Good luck all!  I will be at King Kong in Queens and I hope to make it to the Last Gripmas in Ohio after that.  Hope to see some of you at those venues!

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Yikes. I hope it calms down for the 14th! You got AC in your dungeon to keep the moisture down?

Of course!

..fc

Edited by corefire

Correct, but results will be entered into various databases based on actual competitor weight.

On 7/4/2018 at 12:42 PM, Eric Roussin said:

Eric ,

Do we have a list of what weight classes people are in and who is attending? Or is it still up in the air? No pressure Eric. Haha

Joe

No definite list, but I expect you, Justin Major, Nick Carignan, and Jeff King to be in the 100+ kg division.

2 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

No definite list, but I expect you, Justin Major, Nick Carignan, and Jeff King to be in the 100+ kg division.

Nice!!!! Good field of dudes. Don’t know anything about Jeff though 

Edited by Guest

He’s a long-time armwrestler. He has cerebral palsy which affects his right arm, so he struggles a bit with the two-handed events. Luckily for him, the Ontario Armlifting Open consists entirely of one-handed events!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric Roussin said:

He’s a long-time armwrestler. He has cerebral palsy which affects his right arm, so he struggles a bit with the two-handed events. Luckily for him, the Ontario Armlifting Open consists entirely of one-handed events!

Great! My left arm is bad too man. Nerve damage/compression. Like 20% weaker than right. I love the one handeds!