Modified Hercules

Roger Roberson

It laughed at me when I tryed to cheat it almost tore my left bicep in the process . I have another handle I’m try both handles the same length and see what happens . Wish had a gripper with .450 diameter to fill the gap I think it’s just to big of a jump fon on the Thor.

7C2677B8-2214-4F82-A698-F76ED76AC78B.jpeg

• Like 2

Ouch

I don't think Warren ever thought anyone would use one of these. 

9 minutes ago, Adam Juncker said:

Ouch

I don't think Warren ever thought anyone would use one of these. 

ya, I think they are seen as novelty and conversation piece. In fact, some people have said they aren't even sure the handles would touch with an hydraulic press because they gripper would most likely break under the pressure.  

I'd rather see you do a safer set up and back your car onto it or something.  Or jack up one side and wedge it under there.  I do not endorse this.  You'll shoot your eye out.

• Haha 1

MAYBE a Thor

I would be shocked to find out he rated a Herc.  They are light years apart. 

Don’t hurt yourself Roger....it’s not worth it.  I’m all for forcing big grippers shut, but that set up looks like trouble. Please be careful 

54 minutes ago, slazbob said:

Don’t hurt yourself Roger....it’s not worth it.  I’m all for forcing big grippers shut, but that set up looks like trouble. Please be careful 

ya, I agree with this. I know I have warned you several times Roger about these extreme negatives. I just have to warn you again because you keep upping the gripper levels for them and this gripper is way above others. Even if you could cheat it closed (I honestly don't think its possible), I wouldn't even try holding it since the force could tear something in your hand. 

Just to give you an idea of how tough this gripper is. Someone tried to rate a super galaxy once which I believe is the same gripper as the Hercules (tetting just changes the name but same specs) and this thread takes about what happened. It was dangerous to even attempt rating it:

edit. the super galaxy had a .362 wire so I think it was noticeably below the hercules even

Edited by Chez

4 hours ago, Adam Juncker said:

I thought @acromegaman rated one? 

It was a Thor. The Hercules is a novelty gripper.

Edited by acromegaman
Link was dead
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I’ll be safe . I tore something in my left forearm sometime last year and it’s just maybe few months ago fully healed again I don’t train my left with negatives anymore just mms closes here and there . 

Didn’t work the handles started to bend lol so owell 

35 minutes ago, Roger Roberson said:

Guess that answers the question. People wondered if that would happen and now we know. 

I wish someone would rate there original Monster gripper so I can at least know how it compares to the extended handle Thor. @slazbob hint hint 😁 

you could just try gripper the grippers you have higher on the handle when doing your negatives. It would give you less leverage and make them harder. 

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:00 AM, Roger Roberson said:

I think we have our answer: The strength of the steel (aluminium) is no match for the load required to compress the legs to the required distance.

Mystery solved as far as I'm concerned.  Even if steel handles were used the result would probably be the same.

Edited by gripmaniac