Löddeköpinge Grip Challenge XXI (2018-06-30)

Martin_Arildsson

Löddeköpinge Grip Challenge XXI

2018-06-30

General information:

Important dates and times:

Latest entry submission is: 2018-06-23 you can send your entry request to us, either via email, Facebook or by calling us.

You can contact Arne at arne_w_persson@hotmail.com or (+46)708182246.

Martin at martin.arildsson@gmail.com or (+46)705124699.

The contest will start at 11:00.

Weigh in will be between 9:30-11:00

Starting fee:

200 SEK. This should be paid within a week after confirmation that you’ve been registered to compete. Withdrawals are not refundable after 2018-06-09.

Scoring system:

If there are 10 athletes, then it would be 10 points for 1st and 1 point for 10th. All the points are added up at the end. If the points are equal at the end of the contest, then the placings are found by using the count-back method. This is giving the position to the person with the most amounts of wins. If it is still a draw, then you look at the most amount of 2nd places, and then 3rd, 4th, and so forth till there is a winner. If two athletes are level in say 4th place, then they would receive 6.5pts each (7 plus 6 points are added together and halved).

Weight Classes:

Men: 59k, 66k, 74k, 83k, 93k, 105k, 120k, 120k+

Women: 47k, 52k, 57k, 63k, 72k, 84k, 84k+

Master's: Age brackets 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+.

Miscellaneous:

Calibrated scales and weights will be used.

Only approved chalk may be used by the competitors.

No strapping of wrists, hands or arms is allowed (unless approved beforehand in light of injuries).

Lifting belts and knee supports are permitted.

The rising bar principle will be used with 4 attempts. Starting weights will be submitted by the competitors and the lowest starting weight will be used first. After this the second lowest weight will be used. If you fail at a weight you can not go down in weight for your next attempt. You can only request the same weight or a higher weight for your next attempt.

Both hands will be tested on the Hand Grippers.

The contest is limited to 12 contestants.

Events

Hand Grippers

The gripper can be "set" with the off hand by pre-positioning the handles with the off-hand. The lifter must show a clear view of the Gripper handle, and pass a 20 mm block between the handles with the off hand. If the view is blocked by the lifter so the referee can’t view the attempt, the lifter’s attempt does not count and he/she can try again without losing their turn.

NOTE: Spring must be facing up. The gripper is to be closed until the handles are clearly touching. No contact can be made with the gripping hand or the gripping arm from the elbow down with the free hand once the close has begun. The entire set and close must be clearly visible to the referee. The close finishes on the referees signal. At no time should the judge touch the hand or forearm of the athlete making an attempt on the gripper.

List of availabe RGC rated grippers:

Martin’s

74 - CoC #1

83 - CoC #1.5

101 - CoC #2

125 - CoC #2.5

141 - CoC #3

146 - CoC #3

152 - CoC #3

156 MM1 Repl.

162 MM2 Repl.

175 - CoC #3.5

179 MM3 Repl.

180 - CoC #3.5

186 MM4 Repl.

190 MM5 Repl.

190 - CoC #3.5

196 MM6 Repl.

198 MM7 Repl.

198 BBSE

201 MM8 Repl.

208 - CoC #4

214 - CoC #4

Mikael’s

53 - CoC T

58 - COC T

110 - CoC #2

124 - CoC #2.5

131 - CoC #2.5

137 - CoC #3

145 - CoC #3

149 - CoC #3

Two Handed Pinch Lift

Legal Lift Requirements: The athlete must lift the apparatus in a Double Overhand Pinch Grip and touch the loading bar to the cross-bar, which sits 42 cm (16.5 inches) high, measured to the bottom of the stick. The lifter does not have to be erect upon completion of the attempt.

The athlete's hands may not be separated by more than 7,62 cm (3 inches) between the index fingers during the lift.

Because this is a quick lift based on friction, there is no referee's down signal. The referee, however, must be ready to judge that the loading bar makes proper contact with with the cross bar during each attempt.

The lifter must lower the weight under control. If the outer discs accidentally touch the stick before the bar itself, referee’s discretion will be used to judge whether the correct height was attained. Pinch gripping the discs using an unorthodox underhand grip will not be allowed.

NOTE: The width of the pinch apparatus is adjustable to suit different sized hands. Before the event starts, you will be given the opportunity to try it and find your best width. The competitor can choose to use 44, 54 or 64 mm on the pinch apparatus. We will not change the width from lift to lift, instead the same width will be used until all the lifters are done with the width of their choosing. The starting order will be decided on the day of the contest.

Axle Deadlift

The axle must be grasped in a double overhand (both hands pronated) grip (Hook Grip is not permitted). A conventional or sumo stance is permitted. The axle must be lifted to a full lock-out, with the knees locked in a straight position and the shoulders back, and the athlete standing erect. The judge will then signal the athlete to return the bar to the floor with a downward movement of the arm and the audible command "Down".

Clearing the floor with one or both sides of the axle will count as an attempt. Once the attempt has begun no downward movement of the axle, nor re-bending of the knees, is allowed until the athlete reaches the lock-out position. It is permissible for the axle to settle as the athlete pulls his shoulders back and relaxes his shrugged shoulders.

Supporting the bar on the thighs before the "Down" command is not permitted.

Stepping backward or forward or moving the feet laterally before the "Down" command is not permitted. Rocking the feet between the ball and the heel is permitted.

Both hands must be in contact with the axle as it is returned to the platform.

Reverse Bending (Edited rules from David Horne's website)

For reverse bending you must attain a 45 degree plus angle of bend for bars/bolts.

The bend must be completed within 30 seconds. The bender may notify the witness that he's ready to start the bend, after which the witness will give the bender a signal to start the bend. The clock will start when the witness gives the signal to start the bend.

No part of competitor's hands or forearms may touch the body. Upper arm down to elbow is allowed contact with chest/stomach.

Competitor may not lean against any stationary object. The feet on the ground are the only permissible contact.

The object being bent may not dip below waist level at any time during the bend. Reference to "during the bend" indicates the time when you are applying force to the object, obviously while wrapping, resting or positioning for the bend your hands sometimes are below the waist.

Hand padding will be supplied by the organiser (leather/suede).

These will be inspected by referee for compliance. *Material is to protect the hands of the competitor, not to assist by adding leverage. Nail must be wrapped immediately prior to competitor's attempt in plain view of referee in charge. Allotted time period begins on referee's start signal. Nail must be in referee's plain sight at all times. Wrapping, including rubber bands, will be provided by the organizer. Two different lengths of 4'' wide suede will be used, measuring about 1'' and 1 1/2'' in thickness wrapped onto an 8mm bar.

Gloves are specifically disallowed, as it is easy to conceal rigid material within the glove, create a fulcrum within the glove, and/or bunch up glove material to the point of being leverage assistance to the bend.

Wrapping or taping of any part of elbows, wrist, forearm, and hands is disallowed. Wrist and tendon strength is key to successful bending and any external aid that assists in tightening of tendons/joints or increases pressure in arms (such as elastic wraps or stabilizers) should be viewed as cheating.

Tape or bandage may be applied to surface of fingers and/or palm only in the event of injury to skin and should be kept to a minimum as per judge's discretion.

Application of adhesives or sticky substances to hands, nail, or hand pads is cause for immediate disqualification. These substances will prevent hand padding from slipping or rotating and will remove a necessary element of the grip from the bending process. Chalk is accepted.

• Like 4

Will be the first time a female competes in this competition. Have not done any bending since 2006 or thereabouts so what could possibly go wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

One week to go and we are hungry:(. I am 74.5k atm (need to loose another 0.5k) whereas Shawna is 73.0k (needs to get down to 72k).

My training leading up to this competition is a mixed bag. I am almost exactly as strong in the axle in training as I was a year ago whereas my 2HP, in training at least, is considerably stronger this time. This year I have not specialized on thickbar which has had a positive effect on my pinch.

Between the two of us Shawna has a greater chance of beating the 2HP record in her class than I do but my training numbers indicate a max several kilos above the 86.26k I got last year. 

I struggle with my left hand in grippers due to a persistent pain at the base of my thumb but I guess everyone has something that's holding them back.

Reverse bending, well the last time I did this was a decade ago but I don't think anyone else attending has done much of it as the wrist event was announced relatively late.

Looks a strong starting field with eg Kalle Lane. He should be closer to 200k in the axle.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mikael Siversson said:

One week to go and we are hungry:(. I am 74.5k atm (need to loose another 0.5k) whereas Shawna is 73.0k (needs to get down to 72k).

My training leading up to this competition is a mixed bag. I am almost exactly as strong in the axle in training as I was a year ago whereas my 2HP, in training at least, is considerably stronger this time. This year I have not specialized on thickbar which has had a positive effect on my pinch.

Between the two of us Shawna has a greater chance of beating the 2HP record in her class than I do but my training numbers indicate a max several kilos above the 86.26k I got last year. 

I struggle with my left hand in grippers due to a persistent pain at the base of my thumb but I guess everyone has something that's holding them back.

Reverse bending, well the last time I did this was a decade ago but I don't think anyone else attending has done much of it as the wrist event was announced relatively late.

Looks a strong starting field with eg Kalle Lane. He should be closer to 200k in the axle.

Good luck to both of you.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to all again :rock 

90 kg on the axle by Shawna was a very good achievement! Too bad about the Euro being slippery, Kalle and that other guy seemed to do extremely well considering that.

I think the Wrist Developer would have been much better than actual steel. More inclusive for athletes on all strength levels.

• 4 weeks later...

Results are now loaded into the GSI database (gripsport.org).

• Like 3