Barbell for Deadlift?

Fist of Fury

I need a good barbell for deadlifting, I'm going to start using a hook grip but the bar I have now is too thick for that (32 mm). The Eleiko bars is too expensive for me unfortunately. I've been looking at Rogue bars and they look nice but they have so many options, I just can't figure out which bar is the best buy for me. Strengthshop also have a bunch of cheaper bars, not sure if they are good or not, any ideas?

THOR fitness training bar, I bought mine at Nordic Fighter, (2995 SEK), then you do not have to pay so much for shipment and tax.

BR/Göran

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hockey Stick said:

THOR fitness training bar, I bought mine at Nordic Fighter, (2995 SEK), then you do not have to pay so much for shipment and tax.

BR/Göran

Will check it out, how much did you pay for shipping?

If you look in the Rogue Boneyard, you can get great deals on Bars with cosmetic blemishes.  I got a Rogue Ohio Deadlift bar from their boneyard bars that was $100 off and for the life of me, I can't find a single blemish.  Incredible bar.  They always have 4 or 5 different types of bars in the boneyard.

https://www.roguefitness.com/deals-closeout/boneyard

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 2

I like my original Rogue bar that was recommended by Tim Struse a few years ago. Good for Oly lifts as well. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately Rogue did not have any barbells under "Hot Deals" on the European site. Not worth to import one from the states for me. I could pay the full price for that bar though, it seems to be reasonably priced.

The THOR Fitness bar seems like a very good bar for it's price, just looking at the specs.