Weighted rolling thunder pull-ups?

ChimpGrip

Has anyone ever tried this? I told the chiropractor who owns the gym about my interest in grip strength, and he suggested that I give it a try. 

This gym I just joined has all kinds of toys. An inch dumbbell, a circus bell, two rolling thunder handles, blobs, atlas stones, logs, ship chains, Bußgeld stone, and a lot more... a strength athlete’s playground. 

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

Has anyone ever tried this? I told the chiropractor who owns the gym about my interest in grip strength, and he suggested that I give it a try. 

This gym I just joined has all kinds of toys. An inch dumbbell, a circus bell, two rolling thunder handles, blobs, atlas stones, logs, ship chains, Bußgeld stone, and a lot more... a strength athlete’s playground. 

What gym and where is it that has such cool implements??! I have never seen those things in any gym outside of a home dungeon!

Clay Edgins gym Santa Cruz Strength and Durniats both have those but they are grip guys so it would be cool to see where all the stuff there originated. 

3 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

Clay Edgins gym Santa Cruz Strength and Durniats both have those but they are grip guys so it would be cool to see where all the stuff there originated. 

Right? Man he is lucky to find a gym that has that stuff! I want to see pictures 

31 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

What gym and where is it that has such cool implements??! I have never seen those things in any gym outside of a home dungeon!

It’s a gym down here in Texas! Warehouse Gym is the name. And it’s very close by home, and I didn’t know they were there until recently. 

They also have a complete dumbbell rack, free weights, machines, husafell * stone, power racks, bending stuff, a yoke, giant tires, numerous sledgehammers of different weights, battle ropes, a CrossFit section, etc. the list goes on. And even better, the owner is a chiropractor, so that sold me since I have a herniated disc. He said he will help me fix my back and get me on track to reach my goals-which is being able to train strongman. I’ll get some pictures when I get back in there next Tuesday. 

His clientel ranges from bodybuilders, strongmen, grip guys, benders, crossfitters, powerlifters, and people who just want to lift to stay fit.

Edited by ChimpGrip
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

It’s a gym down here in Texas! Warehouse Gym is the name. And it’s very close by home, and I didn’t know they were there until recently. 

They also have a complete dumbbell rack, free weights, machines, husafell * stone, power racks, bending stuff, a yoke, giant tires, numerous sledgehammers of different weights, battle ropes, a CrossFit section, etc. the list goes on. And even better, the owner is a chiropractor, so that sold me since I have a herniated disc. He said he will help me fix my back and get me on track to reach my goals-which is being able to train strongman. I’ll get some pictures when I get back in there next Tuesday. 

His clientel ranges from bodybuilders, strongmen, grip guys, benders, crossfitters, powerlifters, and people who just want to lift to stay fit.

Looking forward to seeing the footage. Outside of having all of that equipment at home seems like the score of the century. I would probably never leave!

Wow, awesome gym. My parents live close to there. How does the bending stuff work? Just go up to the desk and buy a few bars?

4 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

At 270 lbs, every pullup I do is weighted.  :laugh

Sounds like an awesome gym!

All weighted pull ups are great, including rolling thunder. Ironmind even tracks records for max weight, max reps, and one arm pull up reps.

2 hours ago, Climber028 said:

one arm pull up reps

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA!!!!!

Before or after doing one-arm push-ups?  I am amazed that people can do either.  Respect!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vinnie said:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA!!!!!

Before or after doing one-arm push-ups?  I am amazed that people can do either.  Respect!

Interestingly enough, I can do one arm pull ups but have never done a one arm push up.

3 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Interestingly enough, I can do one arm pull ups but have never done a one arm push up.

That’s surprising considering one arm push ups are way easier then OAP.

11 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

That’s surprising considering one arm push ups are way easier then OAP.

Not for a climber who hates doing push ups haha

I'm a climber and can do both one arm pullups and one arm push-ups.  I find that one arm push-ups have never been a great way to increase chest strength, they are mostly just a party trick.  As for weighted rolling thunder pull-ups, I do these every now and then, though I typically stop around body weight + bodyweight added as the risk of falling is not worth it. I hang the weight from my feet as I don't have a belt.  Anyhow, add them in and get strong.  Cheers

1 hour ago, Broc said:

I'm a climber and can do both one arm pullups and one arm push-ups.  I find that one arm push-ups have never been a great way to increase chest strength, they are mostly just a party trick.  As for weighted rolling thunder pull-ups, I do these every now and then, though I typically stop around body weight + bodyweight added as the risk of falling is not worth it. I hang the weight from my feet as I don't have a belt.  Anyhow, add them in and get strong.  Cheers

Out of curiosity, how much do you weigh?  Double bodyweight for me would be 540 and... well... um... er... that ain't happening.  :laugh

31 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Out of curiosity, how much do you weigh?  Double bodyweight for me would be 540 and... well... um... er... that ain't happening.  :laugh

Not with that attitude

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Broc said:

You can  do your BWT(190ish) plus another 190 on RT pullup? The Tank from Russia has the world record at 155.5 kg (342.81lbs) so if you  can do 380lbs for single rep then that is amazing- Please share video of that

25 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Not with that attitude

Not an attitude thing.  A gravity thing.  The World record for a 1 hand deadlift on 2.5" crusher is 233 lbs.  So I guess I just need to get my attitude right to be able to beat that by 40 lbs with both my strong and weak hand.  I'm on it. :laugh