NY & CT Residents

speedy

I am planning to go to the event pasted below. Anyone else going?

New York Arm Wrestling® February 10 at 12:50pm · Spectacular New York State Armwrestling Championships April 22, 2018 New York Arm Wrestling® Association (NYAWA) Contact: NYAWA -Information - Email: nyawa@aol.com Cheap Shots Sports Bar – 718-969-0070 Websites: www.nycarms.com or www.newyorkstatearmwrestling.com NYAWA Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/newyorkarmwrestling NYCARMS YouTube Page : https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=nycarms#g/u The New York Arm Wrestling Association Americas Most Prestigious 40th Anniversary New York State Arm Wrestling Championships (4 Decades Celebration) 40th Annual 2018 Empire State Tournament of Champions Proud Sponsors: Ironmind.com, Captains of Crush Grippers, Cheap Shots Bar and NYAWA **No Residency Requirements** Featuring New York State ‘Strongest Arm’ MVP Awards Sunday, April 22, 2018 1:00 P.M. START TIME Weigh-In & Registration (Day of Event Only) 9:30 a.m. to 12:55 p.m. - Start Time: 1 p.m. Entrance Fees: Amateurs/Masters $25 - Pros $35 - Women $15 Note: NYAWA Members $5.00 off per weight class category ***$5.00 GENERAL ADMISSION*** *Cheap Shots Sports Bar* Address: 149-05 Union Turnpike Flushing, Queens, NY. 11367

• Like 1

I went to this twice, before I got into grip.  It was where I first discovered grippers!  At the time, I could barely close a COC 2, and I got destroyed lol.  Interestingly, one of the pros there told me that I had an unusually strong grip (although he still beat me easily).  If I can get there I will go again this year and we can toss down a beer after we lose (or at least after I lose, you may be awesome).  The event is very relaxed and encouraging.  All skill levels are there, pro and amateur, and no one is judging (other than the ref judging the contestants but you know what I mean).  I'd recommend going and will do my best to go as well (not too optimistic but it's possible).

No interest in competing and can close a #2 and a #2.5. I was always fascinated with arm-wrestling; always fascinated with the non-mainstream sports. Anyway, just want to go there to watch. 

Let me know if you can get there. 

I will check up on this post the week prior to the day off. I hardly ever come here anymore. 

15 minutes ago, speedy said:

No interest in competing and can close a #2 and a #2.5. I was always fascinated with arm-wrestling; always fascinated with the non-mainstream sports. Anyway, just want to go there to watch. 

I will check up on this post the week prior to the day off. I hardly ever come here anymore. 

I will be on my way back from an overnight trip with the family that Sunday, and I am not sure the wife will be amenable to all of us stopping off there on the way home, or to us rushing home early enough for me to then still get there on time from home.  So that's my monkey wrench, I will see what I can do to get around it.

I will say though, if I am able to get there at all, I am gonna compete.  I am fairly sure I will still be at the bottom of the group, as I have no training or strategy other than to use my strength, and that is not the way to win arm wrestling.  However, I am definitely stronger than I was last time I went, so maybe I will win one match, or just lose my matches more slowly.  It was a lot of fun, and some of the guys are really, really into it and have good pointers and stuff.

On 4/9/2018 at 11:09 AM, speedy said:

I am also fascinated with arm wrestling! The only thing holding me back is injury possibility. I love grip too much to have that be set back. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2018 at 8:50 AM, speedy said:

I am planning to go to the event pasted below. Anyone else going?

New York Arm Wrestling® February 10 at 12:50pm · Spectacular New York State Armwrestling Championships April 22, 2018 New York Arm Wrestling® Association (NYAWA) Contact: NYAWA -Information - Email: nyawa@aol.com Cheap Shots Sports Bar – 718-969-0070 Websites: www.nycarms.com or www.newyorkstatearmwrestling.com NYAWA Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/newyorkarmwrestling NYCARMS YouTube Page : https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=nycarms#g/u The New York Arm Wrestling Association Americas Most Prestigious 40th Anniversary New York State Arm Wrestling Championships (4 Decades Celebration) 40th Annual 2018 Empire State Tournament of Champions Proud Sponsors: Ironmind.com, Captains of Crush Grippers, Cheap Shots Bar and NYAWA **No Residency Requirements** Featuring New York State ‘Strongest Arm’ MVP Awards Sunday, April 22, 2018 1:00 P.M. START TIME Weigh-In & Registration (Day of Event Only) 9:30 a.m. to 12:55 p.m. - Start Time: 1 p.m. Entrance Fees: Amateurs/Masters $25 - Pros $35 - Women $15 Note: NYAWA Members $5.00 off per weight class category ***$5.00 GENERAL ADMISSION*** *Cheap Shots Sports Bar* Address: 149-05 Union Turnpike Flushing, Queens, NY. 11367

That was such a great contest; so many powerful arm wrestlers in such a small space. I can't wait for the next contest! :D