Braced bend 14” x 12 mm

David_wigren

I saw that Horne is doing the steel shredders 3 contest with short braced bending bars at 8-14”. I figured this wouldn’t interfer with my other training so I feel it’s a great opportunity to get back into it, do a few bends and have some fun. 

I bent a 14” x 12 mm HRS (video)

And also a 11.5” x 12 mm, which I did not get on video, as it took me longer than 5 minutes. (Yikes) I used to bend these at sub 9” back in the day. Albeit with double wraps, and this time I used smaller single leather wraps.

left a big bruise on the inside of my thigh. And a cut on my palm. I guess my body is not quite conditioned yet to do the bends I did back in the day.

Now I’m waiting for the rated steel bars from Horne :) 

Edited by David_wigren
  • Like 6

Freaking awesome to see you back at it brother!

On 4/9/2018 at 3:31 PM, Mike Rinderle said:

Freaking awesome to see you back at it brother!

Thank you my friend! It’s good to be back! Can’t believe this stuff hasn’t killed us yet:laugh

• Like 1

Yesterday I bent a 12.75” x 12 mm even quicker than the 14” one in the vidwo I posted above! Strength is coming back quickly! :P

I did however fail a 11” x 12 mm. But I think I got stuck at a crucial point between the kink and the crushdown. I’ll get it next time!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Martin Gaisser said:

Awesome job David!!!  

Thank tou Martin!

I picked up the steel from Horne a few days ago. Unfortunately the steel is going to have to wait for it’s execution until next weekend as I’m stuck in another part of Sweden with work stuff. But when I’m back, I’m gonna put some hurt on it!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

Thank tou Martin!

I picked up the steel from Horne a few days ago. Unfortunately the steel is going to have to wait for it’s execution until next weekend as I’m stuck in another part of Sweden with work stuff. But when I’m back, I’m gonna put some hurt on it!

I know you will for sure!!!  Keep those videos coming too.  Reminds me of the good old days for sure.  Now if we can get Mike back to bending we’d be set.  Lol. 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2018 at 10:46 AM, Martin Gaisser said:

I know you will for sure!!!  Keep those videos coming too.  Reminds me of the good old days for sure.  Now if we can get Mike back to bending we’d be set.  Lol. 

Haha yes and just like old times Mike is busy doing stupid grip stuff instead of bending steel!

• Haha 1

Jikes, the steel from David Horne is indeed very hard! I went for a 13” x 12 mm 251 kg bar and got stuck at about 30ish degrees. Then I tried the easier 14” x 12 mm 230ish kg bar and got stuck at 50-60ish degrees. Should’ve been able to legcrush it from there, but it wasn’t working and I tore a chunk off my left palm and had to stop. The wraps are a bit smaller than I’m used to so that may have played a part in why I tore my palm. This is going to be a tough challenge!

• Like 1

Finished the 231 kg bar that I failed on the other day. It was hard all the way down on the crushdown! And then I figured that since I managed to sweep and crush a cold bar from the sweep position, I should be able to bend one from straight, right? Well, nope haha. I got stuck on the exact same spot as earlier, at about 50ish degrees. Darn XD

• Like 1

On 5/4/2018 at 12:44 PM, David_wigren said:

Jikes, the steel from David Horne is indeed very hard! I went for a 13” x 12 mm 251 kg bar and got stuck at about 30ish degrees. Then I tried the easier 14” x 12 mm 230ish kg bar and got stuck at 50-60ish degrees. Should’ve been able to legcrush it from there, but it wasn’t working and I tore a chunk off my left palm and had to stop. The wraps are a bit smaller than I’m used to so that may have played a part in why I tore my palm. This is going to be a tough challenge!

Just never forget you ARE David Wigren!!!  :rock

• Like 1

On 5/6/2018 at 5:48 PM, David_wigren said:

Finished the 231 kg bar that I failed on the other day. It was hard all the way down on the crushdown! And then I figured that since I managed to sweep and crush a cold bar from the sweep position, I should be able to bend one from straight, right? Well, nope haha. I got stuck on the exact same spot as earlier, at about 50ish degrees. Darn XD

You got this David.  Next time it will melt like butter.  Get fired up and go crazy on it!

• Like 1

Right on brother! Right now I’m traveling again and will be gone until next weekend. But then I plan to give it another serious go! 

• Like 1