COC #4 MMS Attempt (Jedd Johnson's gripper)

Chez

Awesome thanks for that!

Did you know Nathan Holle could barely close a #2 when he first started?...the GHP 9 set block was a quantum Leap!

15 minutes ago, kasparov said:

Awesome thanks for that!

Did you know Nathan Holle could barely close a #2 when he first started?...the GHP 9 set block was a quantum Leap!

Yep. His story is pretty amazing 

2 hours ago, Chez said:

Yep. His story is pretty amazing 

What does it feel like closing that 4? Id imagine the pressure its excerting on you fingers and palm must be huge. Does it hurt alot to close?

1 hour ago, kasparov said:

What does it feel like closing that 4? Id imagine the pressure its excerting on you fingers and palm must be huge. Does it hurt alot to close?

If I’m being honest, it doesn’t feel different for me at all. I mean I have to try real hard but it just feels like a very hard single. I have been training for a while and heavy singles have always been a staple to my routine so I think my hand has adapted to the stress over time. I have browned out on Gripper attempts over the years and got dizzy and wobbly legs many times but that’s just from effort. I do have some skin issues related to a food allergy so my set fingers tear when setting heavy grippers so I tape them now which you can see in the videos. Lately my pinky has been tearing from heavy sessions. But none of this is serious and just part of the game. 

Edited by Chez

1 hour ago, Chez said:

If I’m being honest, it doesn’t feel different for me at all. I mean I have to try real hard but it just feels like a very hard single. I have been training for a while and heavy singles have always been a staple to my routine so I think my hand has adapted to the stress over time. I have browned out on Gripper attempts over the years and got dizzy and wobbly legs many times but that’s just from effort. I do have some skin issues related to a food allergy so my set fingers tear when setting heavy grippers so I tape them now which you can see in the videos. Lately my pinky has been tearing from heavy sessions. But none of this is serious and just part of the game. 

That's surprising wow. 

Bit off topic...I noticed that Jonathan was about the same distance from closing a COC 4 CCS and GHP9 Set Block, around 3mm or so.

Now going off Holle who closed the GHP 9 with a set block easily...shouldnt that translate to a COC 4 CCS comfortably?

I know RGC's vary but still.

9 minutes ago, kasparov said:

That's surprising wow. 

Bit off topic...I noticed that Jonathan was about the same distance from closing a COC 4 CCS and GHP9 Set Block, around 3mm or so.

Now going off Holle who closed the GHP 9 with a set block easily...shouldnt that translate to a COC 4 CCS comfortably?

I know RGC's vary but still.

I think people handle sets widths differently so it’s hard to tell from one person to another. For some having to take a wider set doesn’t effect them much. I remember Morgan stating that he doesn’t see much of a power drop off from a mms set to a wider set. For others it makes a bigger difference. Based on the few videos I have seen from Holle, I think he could CCS a new #4. 

Edited by Chez

On 5/10/2018 at 8:31 AM, Chez said:

If there was a $ 1 Million dollar prize for the first COC4 CCS certification, how soon do you think we would see it?😀

26 minutes ago, kasparov said:

If there was a $ 1 Million dollar prize for the first COC4 CCS certification, how soon do you think we would see it?😀

I think you would see it done in a couple years. I know if that kind of money was on the line, I would be a hell of a lot closer than I am now. Just think of all the worlds strongest men competitors and how freaky strong they are. If they focused on that, they could get it done quickly 

7 hours ago, Chez said:

I think you would see it done in a couple years. I know if that kind of money was on the line, I would be a hell of a lot closer than I am now. Just think of all the worlds strongest men competitors and how freaky strong they are. If they focused on that, they could get it done quickly 

Haha yeah for sure...its interesting what can be achieved with huge motivation, the other thing offering 1 million publicly would do is bring to the attention of many people who may have never even thought of grip feats and expose them to it. There could be some super strong monsters out there.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:49 PM, Chez said:

I'll give it a go again in two weeks to see if I can get a more convincing video. 

Did you ever give this another go?

30 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Did you ever give this another go?

Didn’t get a chance before returning it to Jedd but I did try two harder COC 4s last weekend. A 203 rated one and another one which is unrated but I guess is around 201. I missed both but I wasn’t really feeling “on” that day. My set was off. My training partner pointed out my hand was too high on the gripper and after reviewing the stills, I agree. My pinky is low but my other fingers are too high which cause me to lose leverage. I had to wake up early and do family stuff and then drive far right after to make the training session on time. I own both of these so I can keep attacking them. They are the next hardest grippers in my collection which I need conquer before signing up for MM8. Here are stills of the attempts. 

F3D52E56-A806-42E4-AC2F-866E328B2D66.png

755B0B21-07A6-43BC-A91C-6EE3BC07D89F.png

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1