COC #4 MMS Attempt (Jedd Johnson's gripper)

Chez

43 minutes ago, Chez said:

Thanks. I’m more motivated than ever now. I’m going for it this this time now that I’m healthy again 

So what's next? Gripper wise..😁

12 minutes ago, kasparov said:

So what's next? Gripper wise..😁

MM7. I’m very close. It’s going down this summer 

• Like 3

On 5/4/2018 at 3:24 PM, Chez said:

haha. The NYC crew trains outside (an alley behind Anton's store. We are like a gang :))so weather is very important. I took a couple months off from going to the training sessions because of how cold it got during winter. My hands get dry and crack more in winter which isn't a good combination when doing heavy grippers closes. 

Sounds like a cool place to be man. Say hi to the guys, enjoyed every minute of meeting them last year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/6/2018 at 2:02 PM, Chez said:

MM7. I’m very close. It’s going down this summer 

Awesome 😃

Good luck with that Im sure you'll do it easily 😉

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kasparov said:

Awesome 😃

Good luck with that Im sure you'll do it easily 😉

Thanks. I’m feeling great. Just got a mms triple with my 194 lb rated super elite yesterday. I should be ready for the MM7 in June 

• Like 4

That triple is amazing - congrats!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/6/2018 at 5:49 AM, Geralt said:

Sounds like a cool place to be man. Say hi to the guys, enjoyed every minute of meeting them last year. 

Any time you wanna just jump on a plane again you're more than welcome! Thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with you too and hope you're doing great Geralt!

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Chez said:

Thanks. I’m feeling great. Just got a mms triple with my 194 lb rated super elite yesterday. I should be ready for the MM7 in June 

Pencil-armed wimp!  But seriously, 3 on a 194 -- whoa.  I would think a single on 200 would be "easier," and that the MM7 is yours for the taking (if I remember correctly, that is less than 200, but of course you want to be certain its going down before going to the trouble of asking for it, so I get the caution).

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Pencil-armed wimp!  But seriously, 3 on a 194 -- whoa.  I would think a single on 200 would be "easier," and that the MM7 is yours for the taking (if I remember correctly, that is less than 200, but of course you want to be certain its going down before going to the trouble of asking for it, so I get the caution).

Ya, just trying to make sure I can get it even on a bad day. Funny thing, this actually started out as a bad workout. I got home late the night before and exhausted at the start of this session. Got to the gym late and had to rush to make a family party and I was able to rally and still get this triple so I’m happy about that 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2018 at 7:12 PM, Anton.Torrella said:

Any time you wanna just jump on a plane again you're more than welcome! Thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with you too and hope you're doing great Geralt!

Ha! Thnx, perhaps in the future, fortunately we made the trip last year, this year is giving us lots of other expenses so that shows that if you are able to do something you really want, then don’t postpone it, because there will be always be a reason to not do it. That said, we’re now at the point that Chez is considering the MM7 so I expect most public services and airports etc to temporarely shut down by then. The MM7 cert proces always makes big impact on the worlds daily business so probably not the best time to travel anyway. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Geralt said:

That said, we’re now at the point that Chez is considering the MM7 so I expect most public services and airports etc to temporarely shut down by then. The MM7 cert proces always makes big impact on the worlds daily business so probably not the best time to travel anyway. 

The worst part is the gripper groupies. Every where I go, women are constantly throwing themselves at me. It will only get worse once I cert the MM7.................................🤣🤣

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Chez said:

The worst part is the gripper groupies. Every where I go, women are constantly throwing themselves at me. It will only get worse once I cert the MM7.................................🤣🤣

Basically the Tom Jones of grip. You could collect all them panties and sell them over here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Geralt said:

Basically the Tom Jones of grip. You could collect all them panties and sell them over here. 

This convo reminds me of this clip

Edited by Chez
  • Haha 1

Crazy close Chez!!! :rock congrats 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Crazy close Chez!!! :rock congrats 

Thanks Dude!

• Like 1

Mega close Chez! I think, this application for MM7 with a guarantee, and can be on MM8 - if  last 204~207 RGC.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Kashtan said:

Mega close Chez! I think, this application for MM7 with a guarantee, and can be on MM8 - if  last 204~207 RGC.

Thanks man. I’ll keep working hard because I want both those certs badly 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kasparov said:

Chez how close do you get to a new CoC 4 close?

I have progression laid out. I don't attempt my next gripper until I close the previous one. My next gripper in my collection to close is a new model #4 (grade 8 spring and COC stamp) and it rates 203 lbs. Right now my biggest weakness is set strength so I'm working hard on increasing my whole body strength through weight lifting and getting even bigger (I'm already at my all time heaviest body weight). I should be attempting that gripper sometime this summer.  

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

I have progression laid out. I don't attempt my next gripper until I close the previous one. My next gripper in my collection to close is a new model #4 (grade 8 spring and COC stamp) and it rates 203 lbs. Right now my biggest weakness is set strength so I'm working hard on increasing my whole body strength through weight lifting and getting even bigger (I'm already at my all time heaviest body weight). I should be attempting that gripper sometime this summer.  

That thing is like a brick, can't imagine how strong you must be to close that thing😁. Im sure you have the strength to close it.

Do you recommend any programs to increase gripper strength?

I closed a GHP6 5 years ago and want to aim at the COC 3. Feels way off. Stumbled across my gripper collection a few weeks ago so want to get back into it.

8 minutes ago, kasparov said:

That thing is like a brick, can't imagine how strong you must be to close that thing😁. Im sure you have the strength to close it.

Do you recommend any programs to increase gripper strength?

I closed a GHP6 5 years ago and want to aim at the COC 3. Feels way off. Stumbled across my gripper collection a few weeks ago so want to get back into it.

I had a video laying out my training philosophy on my old YouTube but it got hacked and all my videos got deleted so I remade it:

im following the same program as explained in the video but I now have to cycle lighter periods to heavy periods. I can’t just go heavy year round. It’s too taxing.  I’m going very heavy now since I’m close to the MM7 and focusing on singles, doubles and triples. But if I wanted to go lighter for a while (plan on doing it again in the winter) I would gear down and not go as hard on the lower rep sets and throw in higher rep sets (4-8 reps) as well for volume 

Edited by Chez

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

I had a video laying out my training philosophy on my old YouTube but it got hacked and all my videos got deleted so I remade it:

im following the same program as explained in the video but I now have to cycle lighter periods to heavy periods. I can’t just go heavy year round. It’s too taxing.  I’m going very heavy now since I’m close to the MM7 and focusing on singles, doubles and triples. But if I wanted to lighter for a while (plan on doing it again in the winter) I would gear down and throw not go as hard on the lower rep sets and throw in higher rep sets (4-8 reps) as well for volume 

Thanks..much appreciated. Do you know what happened to Jonathan? I remember him getting quite close to a close with a COC 4 and CCS on his youtube video.

Also, how quick did gain strength in grippersM how long did it take to make big jumps with next level grippers?

8 minutes ago, kasparov said:

Thanks..much appreciated. Do you know what happened to Jonathan? I remember him getting quite close to a close with a COC 4 and CCS on his youtube video.

Also, how quick did gain strength in grippersM how long did it take to make big jumps with next level grippers?

ya, I use to talk to him on facebook. I still have him as a friend there. At the time we were talking, he was thinking of getting back to gripper training and was still pretty strong. We even sent some grippers back and forth. He recently got married. I think he just got really busy with life and hes also a high level armwrestler so he competes in that as well. I don't think he has trained grippers in a while. not much reward in this so guys often just move on. 

I don't know about how fast he progressed. I remember us talking about how we both excelled pretty quickly but I don't remember specific time frames.  

Edited by Chez

6 minutes ago, Chez said:

ya, I use to talk to him on facebook. I still have him as a friend there. At the time we were talking, he was thinking of getting back to gripper training and was still pretty strong. We even sent some grippers back and forth. He recently got married. I think he just got really busy with life and hes also a high level armwrestler so he competes in that as well. I don't think he has trained grippers in a while. not much reward in this so guys often just move on. 

I don't know about how fast he progressed. I remember us talking about how we both excelled pretty quickly but I don't remember specific time frames.  

Ah cool. No I meant how fast you progressed since you started gripper training. 😁

10 minutes ago, kasparov said:

Ah cool. No I meant how fast you progressed since you started gripper training. 😁

ah. haha. I have had injures and chased other grip and bending goals so that slowed me down. I closed my 149 lb COC #3 MMS within 5 weeks of starting to train so I had a head start naturally. I have a log on the board which i started only like 2 weeks after I started to train. You can skim through it. I documented most of my journey.  

Use to be called my quest to cert the #3 but I updated it after I accomplished that goal. I wanted everything in one log

Edited by Chez