COC #4 MMS Attempt (Jedd Johnson's gripper)

Chez

4 hours ago, Geralt said:

Very strong! 

'But you do cheaterclose and not full close, I close the HG500 full close on first attempt'

Anonymous YT user with vague accountname and zero uploads. 

Thanks Geralt. Haha. I literally just had to explain the reason for a set to a friend I showed grippers.

25 minutes ago, Chez said:

Thanks Geralt. Haha. I literally just had to explain the reason for a set to a friend I showed grippers.

27 minutes ago, Chez said:

That’s gets old real quick doesn’t it Chez? 😂

13 minutes ago, cemery said:

Very strong Chez !

Thanks Casey!

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Speezy101 said:

great work.   I can barely get a #4   1/3 closed   lol

Thanks dude. I got grippers this weekend. I'm going for a triple with my 194 Super Elite. well see how it goes 

27 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Put dat camera on a tripod. 

I can't with Max closes. When I go all out I throw my body into the set and my hand goes all over the place for the close. My sister was my camera person for my previous MM certs and she was great at staying with my hand. My fiancee filmed this. She just needs some practice. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:32 PM, Wannagrip said:

Heck, it takes a massive amount of hand strength to just SET a #4!

Heck, it takes a massive amount of hand strength just to WATCH someone with a #4 lol.  That is sick!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Heck, it takes a massive amount of hand strength just to WATCH someone with a #4 lol.  That is sick!

thanks bud. I'm going to be hitting some big grippers with you and the NYC crew this Saturday. Looks like perfect weather. I'll bring the #4 along. Thinking I'm going to try my 194 super elite for a triple though instead. I don't want to peak too early with Nationals in a month. 

14 hours ago, Chez said:

thanks bud. I'm going to be hitting some big grippers with you and the NYC crew this Saturday. Looks like perfect weather. I'll bring the #4 along. Thinking I'm going to try my 194 super elite for a triple though instead. I don't want to peak too early with Nationals in a month. 

So....you're basically saying the weather is also a factor in closing big grippers...hmmm no wonder I suck with the climate over here. 

5 hours ago, Geralt said:

So....you're basically saying the weather is also a factor in closing big grippers...hmmm no wonder I suck with the climate over here. 

haha. The NYC crew trains outside (an alley behind Anton's store. We are like a gang :))so weather is very important. I took a couple months off from going to the training sessions because of how cold it got during winter. My hands get dry and crack more in winter which isn't a good combination when doing heavy grippers closes. 

Edited by Chez

Strong close!  Maybe a faster camera would clear up some of the shaking?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Strong close!  Maybe a faster camera would clear up some of the shaking?

Thanks Chris. Ya, I filmed it with my phone which wasn’t the best idea.  I’m going to bring my camcorder to the training session tomorrow. With these tough grippers I have to move fast

Edited by Chez

41 minutes ago, Chez said:

Thanks Chris. Ya, I filmed it with my phone which wasn’t the best idea.  I’m going to bring my camcorder to the training session tomorrow. With these tough grippers I have to move fast

I understand why you shake - that's a lot of force!

• Thanks 1

On 5/3/2018 at 1:23 PM, Chez said:

If you can bring your 141 number 3, I could see if I can double or triple that (my best single is 149).  I will also have my 150 for Anton and me to try; maybe the weather and the company will be the charm for that.  And the IPA.

4 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

If you can bring your 141 number 3, I could see if I can double or triple that (my best single is 149).  I will also have my 150 for Anton and me to try; maybe the weather and the company will be the charm for that.  And the IPA.

I got my 140 back so I'll bring that one for you. Every pound counts. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kasparov said:

Not many people in the world can do that.....wow😀

Thanks bud. In a great training groove right now 

Hi Chez....was going through an old thread from 2013 and wanted to quote one of your comments...well part of it haha

"Progress doesn't come as quickly anymore but I still make steady progress. My life goal is to mms close #4. I Truely believe in my heart I will accomplish that goal"

So congrats....life goal achieved!!😀😀

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kasparov said:

Hi Chez....was going through an old thread from 2013 and wanted to quote one of your comments...well part of it haha

"Progress doesn't come as quickly anymore but I still make steady progress. My life goal is to mms close #4. I Truely believe in my heart I will accomplish that goal"

Edited by Chez

5 minutes ago, kasparov said:

Thanks buddy. I closed two different 4s back in 2014 but then life got crazy and I got injured in 2015 and lost all my strength. I had to fight my way back and now my crush is stronger than ever 

4 minutes ago, Chez said:

Thanks buddy. I closed two different 4s back in 2014 but then life got crazy and I got injured in 2015 and lost all my strength. I had to fight my way back and now my crush is stronger than ever 

Ahh ok didnt realise that...its good that you have been able to recover!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kasparov said:

Ahh ok didnt realise that...its good that you have been able to recover!

Thanks. I’m more motivated than ever now. I’m going for it this this time now that I’m healthy again 

• Like 1