COC #4 MMS Attempt (Jedd Johnson's gripper)

Chez

Jedd Johnson loaned me his #4 to attempt so I gave it a go today. It rates 199.5 lbs RGC. I was out drinking late last night so not at my best but I think I got it today. I felt the handles touch. The only problem is my girl isn't use to filming closes so I think the best stills would have came when the gripper was out of frame. I tried holding it as long as I could while the gripper came back in frame. I think I got it on my second attempt also but I felt the handles touch on the first attempt. Here is the video of that first attempt and best stills I could get of the set and close. 

attempt 1 close.png

Attempt 1 Set.png

I'll give it a go again in two weeks to see if I can get a more convincing video. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 11

Just now, FrankD said:

Outstanding close Chez! Wow! 

Thanks frank. I can do better and I will. Next time I want to dominate this gripper. 

Ferocious close! #199.5 yikes💪💪

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Ferocious close! #199.5 yikes💪💪

Thanks buddy. Still trying to break that mythical 200 lb Barrier. But i'm in a great groove right now and think I can do it this year. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Chez said:

Jedd Johnson loaned me his #4 to attempt so I gave it a go today. It rates 199.5 lbs RGC. I was out drinking late last night so not at my best but I think I got it today. I felt the handles touch. The only problem is my girl isn't use to filming closes so I think the best stills would have came when the gripper was out of frame. I tried holding it as long as I could while the gripper came back in frame. I think I got it on my second attempt also but I felt the handles touch on the first attempt. Here is the video of that first attempt and best stills I could get of the set and close. 

attempt 1 close.png

Attempt 1 Set.png

I'll give it a go again in two weeks to see if I can get a more convincing video. 

There was NOTHING unconvincing about that video man! WOW!

3 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

There was NOTHING unconvincing about that video man! WOW!

Thanks bud. I'll keep working hard. I want to grind these handles :D

Just now, Chez said:

Thanks bud. I'll keep working hard. I want to grind these handles :D

Dude I say you will in a few workouts! That was closed with authority 

Heck, it takes a massive amount of hand strength to just SET a #4!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

My set is also my weak point. I have been working hard in the gym to bring up my whole body’s strength to set these bigger grippers. I’m at my all time highest body weight. I want to weigh even more to chase the MM7 and 8. These grippers are also super hard on the hands. I ripped open my pinky again today after 3 #4 attempts and 3 super elites. I rubbed chalk in it to finish the workout 

34030727-7C6B-4463-933D-D5E424428B04.jpeg

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

Nice close Chez! You are looking big too. Getting stronger!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

Nice close Chez! You are looking big too. Getting stronger!

Thanks Don. 

Smoked it Chez!  Great stuff!

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Smoked it Chez!  Great stuff!

Thanks Mike!

2 hours ago, Chez said:

Thanks buddy. Still trying to break that mythical 200 lb Barrier. But i'm in a great groove right now and think I can do it this year. 

No doubt you are and have been in great groove.  I cant believe how easy you set that beast!

• Thanks 1

Bonus points for the slo-mo grunting :rock

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Chez said:

My set is also my weak point. I have been working hard in the gym to bring up my whole body’s strength to set these bigger grippers. I’m at my all time highest body weight. I want to weigh even more to chase the MM7 and 8. These grippers are also super hard on the hands. I ripped open my pinky again today after 3 #4 attempts and 3 super elites. I rubbed chalk in it to finish the workout 

34030727-7C6B-4463-933D-D5E424428B04.jpeg

Great attempt Chez, next time you will dominate it. GHP are great to train with becasue they have the rounded off edges, it's a bit of a shame they are not available in a wider range, like in the 190's for you.

8 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

True! Most people not so in to grip doesn't realize this. That is why you see some people look down on MMS. So good that you point it out.

• Like 1

Easy for you buddy! A #3.5 cert this year for sure. Even MMG7 and hmmm maybe 8 if you really want it.

• Like 2

Explosive power and a great close.   Nice job man.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kashtan said:

Awesome effort Chez! 

No doubt - you crushed this CoC#4!

Thanks bud. 

7 hours ago, wobbler said:

Bonus points for the slo-mo grunting :rock

Haha. I had to stop myself from making too much noise. Hate training in a public gym but I own an apartment so I have to. Can’t wait till I get a house. Then I can really give a war cry.

Edited by Chez

7 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Great attempt Chez, next time you will dominate it. GHP are great to train with becasue they have the rounded off edges, it's a bit of a shame they are not available in a wider range, like in the 190's for you.

True! Most people not so in to grip doesn't realize this. That is why you see some people look down on MMS. So good that you point it out.

Thanks bud. Ya, this is older #4 and it doesn’t have a bevel. Those sharp edges really dig into the hand 

2 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Easy for you buddy! A #3.5 cert this year for sure. Even MMG7 and hmmm maybe 8 if you really want it.

Thanks man. I want the MM7 and 8 so bad. I won’t stop until they are mine. If my MMS gets that high, 3.5 cert will follow 

2 hours ago, jasonotto said:

Explosive power and a great close.   Nice job man.

Thanks Jason!

• Like 1

Very strong! 

'But you do cheaterclose and not full close, I close the HG500 full close on first attempt'

Anonymous YT user with vague accountname and zero uploads. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1