6" adjustable wrench difficulty?

wobbler

Was getting my free batteries at harbor freight, and also had the 20% off one item coupon, so I grabbed a 6" adjustable wrench. How hard are these to bend unbraced DO? Seems pretty dinky for a wrench but obviously more metal than a round bar.

I can wobble a red nail at the moment but that's about it. Just did a 5/16×6 grade 2 the other day in about 2 minutes, so max effort is somewhere in between, much closer to the g2 than the red.

Imps only. Worth a shot? May take a crack at it middle of next week, just want to know what I'm in for.

Edited by wobbler
*unbraced, damn autocorrect

There are basically two Pittsburgh 6" Adj. Wrenches at Harbor Freight. One is made in China and is pretty darn hard (for me anyway) and sometimes snap.  The other is made in India and those bend nicely.  I've never tried to DO one - I've just done them braced.  Look on the tag to see where they're made.

Perfect, thanks. I got India so I'll give it a try and report back.

It depends on the brand. Some are bendable and others might even be impossible to bend. I bought a few 6, 8 and 10” wrenches a few years back and couldn’t do anything with them. Then a couple of days ago at work I kinked a 12” wrench accidentaly by just pushing it on my leg for shits and giggles.