Thanks Mike!

Great lift!  World class!

Why are you half nekid? :laugh

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/7/2018 at 8:54 PM, Mike Rinderle said:

Great lift!  World class!

Why are you half nekid? :laugh

Thanks dude!   It gets hot in Gains City.

• Haha 4

Someone give me directions to Gains City?? Kidding aside that's some serious power. What is your best RT? I have a mediocre ww, but decent RT. I'm curious about why.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jvance said:

Someone give me directions to Gains City?? Kidding aside that's some serious power. What is your best RT? I have a mediocre ww, but decent RT. I'm curious about why.

Wrist wrench is 2x as hard as rolling handles. It’s putting torque on the wrist in a much different way. The wrist wrench is much harder on the wrists and the torque created much more resembles that of a globe dumbbell... I can do  nearly double on a rolling handle of the same size wrist wrench. 

That is what I am curious about.... I am over double by a lot. I think my best homemade ww pull was 89, but my RT is consistently around 210-215. So I guess I have stronger thumbs but weak wrists? I'll post the question on the general board after a bit... 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Wrist wrench is 2x as hard as rolling handles. It’s putting torque on the wrist in a much different way. The wrist wrench is much harder on the wrists and the torque created much more resembles that of a globe dumbbell... I can do  nearly double on a rolling handle of the same size wrist wrench. 

Agree.  Dan has great wrist flexion strength(check out his 3" Trilobite lifts- He did those in Gainz city:)even though his hands are 7.5") RT is way different lift- lockout and BWT, hand size help tremendously. I know many lifters who can lift more RT than me but not on WW(102lbs)

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, jvance said:

That is what I am curious about.... I am over double by a lot. I think my best homemade ww pull was 89, but my RT is consistently around 210-215. So I guess I have stronger thumbs but weak wrists? I'll post the question on the general board after a bit... 

Start working them wrists Jon. Get higher numbers on your WW and you will break your goal of 220 on RT! That might be the ingredient missing in your recipe for success!

Edited by Guest

Has anyone tried the new RT...might as well take off about 25lbs off your normal number. Ive pulled 205lb on Jedds older new one but just received the newest edition and back down to 183 first day as it spins much better

Edited by Lucasraymond
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

Has anyone tried the new RT...might as well take off about 25lbs off your normal number. Ive pulled 205lb on Jedds older new one but just received the newest edition and back down to 183 first day back. 

The new RT handle was the one we used in Anaheim last August. I ended up pulling 176 and missed 187 with 5-6 inch elevation but in training I was 190x2 even though I was battling sciatica. I tried to explain to a few why my RT was low but they had zero comprehension. First event at my first big grip comp- I was thinking WTF- what happened to my strength, LOL then I asked Riccardo and he said much harder handle. The overall winner PR on RT is 216 but he managed “only” 187 with close call on 198

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

The new RT handle was the one we used in Anaheim last August. I ended up pulling 176 and missed 187 with 5-6 inch elevation but in training I was 190x2 even though I was battling sciatica. I tried to explain to a few why my RT was low but they had zero comprehension. First event at my first big grip comp- I was thinking WTF- what happened to my strength, LOL then I asked Riccardo and he said much harder handle. The overall winner PR on RT is 216 but he managed only 187 with close call on 198

I thought the same...I'm like Wtf why am I so weak today but then tested the other handle and was back at the normal numbers. So if ppl havent used the new one there is a noticeable  difference. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lucasraymond said:

I thought the same...I'm like Wtf why am I so weak today but then tested the other handle and was back at the normal numbers. So if ppl havent used the new one there is a noticeable  difference. 

I have only used RT one time... the new one is much harder? 

On 4/10/2018 at 10:33 AM, jvance said:

Like Kluv#0 said,  WW is wrist flexion.   Rolling handle lifts have so much more to do with hand size and fingertip strength. Even though I try to apply as much wrist flexion into lifting the 2.5" crusher, itll always eventually roll out to my fingertips.  (ive still never had my own RT to max out on though, but my 2.5" crusher all time best is 172 with 7.5" hands)

I trained short ROM declined wrist curls with fat grips REALLLY heavy for a while for arm wrestling before I even started training grip, so my wrist flexion is probably my strongest attribute.  

• Like 2

Once the favorite sons have done well on any implement, you can bet a certain company will make the implement harder or change the rules so that it is much harder.  It's what they do.  

Anyway, back to the great WW lift.  Dan, what weight on the WW equates to a successful Inch lift in your opinion?  Thanks in advance for your reply.

24 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Once the favorite sons have done well on any implement, you can bet a certain company will make the implement harder or change the rules so that it is much harder.  It's what they do.  

Anyway, back to the great WW lift.  Dan, what weight on the WW equates to a successful Inch lift in your opinion?  Thanks in advance for your reply.

Once I hit 100 mike I was able to do the inch.(not trying to hijack your question to Dan)

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Once I hit 100 mike I was able to do the inch.(not trying to hijack your question to Dan)

Thanks Joe!

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:11 PM, Lucasraymond said:

I hear you!  I haven't trained thick handle stuff in over a year, but I jumped at the chance last week to get my hands on a brand new RT - and was not disappointed.  The hype is real.  The gym I visited has an old RT handle (they said around 10 years old) and they just got a new one.  The owner knows I train other grip stuff and wanted to get my input on what a "good" pull is on their new RT.  I rested plenty between attempts and recorded maxes on the old and new handle.  Used the new handle max testing to "warm up" for the old handle.  Ended up with 162lbs on the new handle and 185lbs on the old handle.  Pretty big difference. 

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:56 PM, Daniel Fleming said:

New PR!!

114.1lbs / 51.75kg on the wrist wrench!

Bodyweight: 176lbs

6" lift to contest height

OUTSTANDING WW lift, Dan!!!

• Thanks 1

On 15/04/2018 at 4:18 PM, Mike Rinderle said:

Hey dude!  Its really hard to compare lifting the WW to the inch.   Im at 114-117 on the WW now and not even getting air with the inch.    Inch is way more hand size/fingertip strength dependant than pure wrist flexion.  Also I don't have much experience lifting it the WW with a straight arm (which is closer to lifting the inch) I lift it in arm wrestling position and I think lifting the inch in that position would be nuts.

2 minutes ago, Daniel Fleming said:

Hey dude!  Its really hard to compare lifting the WW to the inch.   Im at 114-117 on the WW now and not even getting air with the inch.    Inch is way more hand size/fingertip strength dependant than pure wrist flexion.  Also I don't have much experience lifting it the WW with a straight arm (which is closer to lifting the inch) I lift it in arm wrestling position and I think lifting the inch in that position would be nuts.

Gotcha.  Thanks for the response Dan!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Daniel Fleming said:

The wrist wrench, if lifted more like one would approach a regular dumbbell would mimmick lifting the inch more than the style of extreme flexion. The torque is just too great on those giant globes to lift it in that style. Meaning lifting it straight on with slight wrist flexion and really using those finger tips and thumb to stop the rotation. That is how I approach the WW and that worked for the inch as well. Once I hit100 lifting on WW in that style the inch was lifted.

Edited by Guest