Still lousy at highland games & other stuff!

JStepien

Did something different today... it was a nice day...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Monster

Far from it

2 hours ago, JStepien said:

Far from it

Knock it off. 

You’re a strong dude. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Knock it off. 

You’re a strong dude. 

Big John Studd muffin is very self deprecating on the regular. He knows he’s strong as can be. He needs to take the compliments and enjoy them Kapster!

First off, soon to be 2018 national grip sport & Philadelphia fit expo vice grip viking champion Joe Sullivan hates me!...

Second, this is probably my first workout in awhile which was more strength training. Only been training light weight bodybuilding movements. Lower back feels alright, was tight afterwards. 

1 minute ago, JStepien said:

First off, soon to be 2018 national grip sport & Philadelphia fit expo vice grip viking champion Joe Sullivan hates me!...

Second, this is probably my first workout in awhile which was more strength training. Only been training light weight bodybuilding movements. Lower back feels alright, was tight afterwards. 

Dude I’m only gonna be able to do the one handed lifts at this point. I believe I tore a pulley in the left middle finger. It’s been over a month and it’s not any better. Not happy at all. Gonna have to hold off on my championship 😂

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Dude I’m only gonna be able to do the one handed lifts at this point. I believe I tore a pulley in the left middle finger. It’s been over a month and it’s not any better. Not happy at all. Gonna have to hold off on my championship 😂

Lol... on the brighter side, starting to like training again... on that TNS attempt, I popped my right pinky so grippers are out for awhile 

4 minutes ago, JStepien said:

Lol... on the brighter side, starting to like training again... on that TNS attempt, I popped my right pinky so grippers are out for awhile 

Oh noooooo! That stinks. I’m seriously thinking of just working on grippers, sledge, anvil and inch dumbbell instead of all the axle and really heavy stuff. Was on vacation the past 2 weeks and really like how my frame feels from not lifting to heavy on my back. At 40 maybe it’s time.

34 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Oh noooooo! That stinks. I’m seriously thinking of just working on grippers, sledge, anvil and inch dumbbell instead of all the axle and really heavy stuff. Was on vacation the past 2 weeks and really like how my frame feels from not lifting to heavy on my back. At 40 maybe it’s time.

It's fine now, trying to be smart with it. & yes from a comment on YouTube, I've been getting slimmer

5 minutes ago, JStepien said:

It's fine now, trying to be smart with it. & yes from a comment on YouTube, I've been getting slimmer

Yea your back is fine now because you’re taking it easy. I suppose there comes a time in a mans life where he has to weigh what’s worth more... lifting massive weights and feeling like crap or feeling good all the time and doing things that don’t make ya feel like crap. I’m leaning towards the latter. Grippers don’t hurt me, hammers don’t hurt me, anvils and inch, blobs, they don’t hurt either. I’m gonna take that and run with it.

I don't mind, once in awhile, trying something like power cleans today. Even though, it was not that heavy... Never know with me... if I keep dropping fat maybe in 2 years masters 35 bodybuilding lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Beause you are a STRONGMAN! I was just picturing the image of Big John Studd on the cover of FLEX magazine!

NPC Masters bodybuilding championships over 35 it is!!! 2 years to get ready!!!

Nice, throwing is about as good as it gets.  I have several shots and Braemer stones.  My favorite is a 16lb Olympic hammer.

Edited by maidenfan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, maidenfan said:

Nice, throwing is about as good as it gets.  I have several shots and Braemer stones.  My favorite is a 16lb Olympic hammer.

Big John Studd is as strong as they come!

5 hours ago, maidenfan said:

That's cool big guy! Got some stuff, I'm pretty much middle of the road with them except the caber. Have finished 1st or 2nd in games before

Ah understood... Never know with me... Tank Andrade asked me if I was going to one this summer, told him probably be a last minute decision

An old school buddy of mine, Mark Wechter, has won several and competed Highland games at a high level for years now.  He has several tutorial vids on the net

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aYYS0dw5jeU

matt Vincent’s vids are very informative also

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m1-SyPfIya8

Edited by maidenfan
  • Like 2

Here’s my homemade heavy weight a buddy machined for me out a solid billet.  It’s not a 56lber (40s), cuz I’m old and do t want to hurt myself.  Generally, in the summer, once a week or so, I’ll take this, my 16lb shot, 22lb dbal/braemer, 16lb hammer (Olympic style w a cable), and my 97lb Portland stone out to the park and have fun for an hour or so

AB5148F3-4C42-46C9-885F-9DBD1E281F58.jpeg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, maidenfan said:

Here’s my homemade heavy weight a buddy machined for me out a solid billet.  It’s not a 56lber (40s), cuz I’m old and do t want to hurt myself.  Generally, in the summer, once a week or so, I’ll take this, my 16lb shot, 22lb dbal/braemer, 16lb hammer (Olympic style w a cable), and my 97lb Portland stone out to the park and have fun for an hour or so

AB5148F3-4C42-46C9-885F-9DBD1E281F58.jpeg

That is a thing of beauty! What does it say about us that we find such pleasure and beauty in iron and steel objects.... and the satisfaction of dominating them!? 

That looks Nice! I think masters highland games is 42 lb weight... That looks fun to throw!

Really looking forward to this season now that I’ve put some weight back on haha!

• Like 1