• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Awesome!

Thanks for checking it out!

• Like 1

Strong wrist - weak thumb :)

5 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Strong wrist - weak thumb :)

Probably, Although I think it's also the size of my thumb and the fact that it bends backwards so much, I can't get much of the pad on the bar a all.  I will adapt and overcome though. 

I mean, Trump became President with hands the size of a small child, so anything is possible.  ;)

• Haha 2

On 3/26/2018 at 4:07 PM, Mike Rinderle said:

Thanks for checking it out!

Question, did you try 190 with thumbs? If yes was it easier or harder than thumbless? The question is asked about the same session you did the axle thumbless after a decent rest. I am asking this because maybe, then again, maybe, you are better thumbless?

4 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Question, did you try 190 with thumbs? If yes was it easier or harder than thumbless? The question is asked about the same session you did the axle thumbless after a decent rest. I am asking this because maybe, then again, maybe, you are better thumbless?

Tried 200 with thumb afterward but lost it below knees.  I'v done 195 with thumb a month or two ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Tried 200 with thumb afterward but lost it below knees.  I'v done 195 with thumb a month or two ago.

Wow your thumb and thumbless strength are so close.

1 minute ago, Alawadhi said:

Very weird!

45 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

I think it has got something to do with these goofy backwards thumbs of mine.  Haha

20180327_112916.jpg

Where do you place your thumb in relation to your fingers?  Across from index - middle - ring etc?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Where do you place your thumb in relation to your fingers?  Across from index - middle - ring etc?

Not really sure to be honest.  Where would you suggest?

Just did a quick check.  Middle finger.

18 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I think it has got something to do with these goofy backwards thumbs of mine.  Haha

20180327_112916.jpg

Mine is same too

38 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Just did a quick check.  Middle finger.

I would suggest playing around with that variable to see what works best.  Generally speaking one hand lifts the thumb is towards the middle of the palm and two hand lifts it should oppose the index finger so you can rotate into it better.  But it varies with each person - worth experimenting a little.  Mine even varies with the size of the axle.

Gil's thumbs almost bend backward but has incredible thickbar strength. 

• Like 1

hmm.....My thumbs do that as well. in fact, even more so. Never thought anything about it. I thought it was normal. Are their people who's thumbs don't do that. 

• Like 1

Found an article on it. Take a look at the thumb pictures with various angles of thumb bent back. Interesting. Mine are more similar to the larger angles. 

https://udel.edu/~mcdonald/myththumb.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Found an article on it. Take a look at the thumb pictures with various angles of thumb bent back. Interesting. Mine are more similar to the larger angles. 

https://udel.edu/~mcdonald/myththumb.html

Genetics!

2 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Mine is same too

1 hour ago, acorn said:

My thumbs are the same Mike. Just gotta get them stronger.

1 hour ago, Lucasraymond said:

Gil's thumbs almost bend backward but has incredible thickbar strength. 

1 hour ago, Chez said:

hmm.....My thumbs do that as well. in fact, even more so. Never thought anything about it. I thought it was normal. Are their people who's thumbs don't do that. 

Dagnabbit guys!  I work and work and work at coming up with these great excuses and you guys just blow them out of the water.  If you keep this up, I'm going to actually have to get stronger. :angry:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, climber511 said:

I would suggest playing around with that variable to see what works best.  Generally speaking one hand lifts the thumb is towards the middle of the palm and two hand lifts it should oppose the index finger so you can rotate into it better.  But it varies with each person - worth experimenting a little.  Mine even varies with the size of the axle.

Never dawned on me to rotate like 2hp.  Duh!

I'm actually curious if straight thumbs would help on pinch events like the euro

• Like 1