maidenfan

Diet

maidenfan

I really just wanted to brag about what’s going in the 900 degree pizza oven lol, but it’s a decent topic.  I’m pretty much a low carb guy, but I’ll binge now and then, especially when the carbs are beer.  80-90% of the time though, I’m a Bill diet kinda guy

20988B28-EC87-4C88-BA8B-0FAF16EA7F07.jpeg

• Like 4

maidenfan
Posted (edited)

Out of the pizza oven

Finished product.  Really, really good way to cook good steak.

204451F6-B3BE-46AD-8D46-3A062DB065CA.jpeg

Edited by maidenfan
  • Like 4

Adam Juncker

I can feel all the haters not liking red meat, it's cool man, you got good stuff going on

• Like 2

Tommy J.
Posted (edited)

Im jelly. Had a tuna sammich some Takis and stepped outside the norm today with some Budweiser. Typically i wont cheat on my Dos Equis and Mexican food like that..

but gotta have a cheat meal once in a while. 😁

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Haha 1

Wannagrip

I love red meat. I pretty much don't eat it anymore unless on vacation or special occasions.  The reason is that it skyrockets my cholesterol levels thanks to my parents. :)  

maidenfan
5 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

I love red meat. I pretty much don't eat it anymore unless on vacation or special occasions.  The reason is that it skyrockets my cholesterol levels thanks to my parents. :)  

My wife is an oncology pa and think I’m gonna get cancer from eating read meat - I’ve cut back to once a week or two, so I make it count with a good steak

Climber028
7 minutes ago, maidenfan said:

My wife is an oncology pa and think I’m gonna get cancer from eating read meat - I’ve cut back to once a week or two, so I make it count with a good steak

The studies correlating meat with cancer involve cheaply cured meats, and heavily charred meats. You'll be fine. I eat several pounds of red meat per week and have no worries. I'd rather get cancer than taste well done steak so it's a win win. I always do as rare as I can get.

• Like 2

maidenfan

One more shot for the pizza oven.  The nice thing is the oven was a $120 option for my smoker, so the steak also gets some smoke flavor too

60BEDF9C-DF9D-40E6-815A-CCB603CE4DB3.png

• Like 1

Climber028

That looks ridiculous. So when are you going to host the annual steak and pull up festival? I'm free most of this year.

Joseph Sullivan
3 hours ago, Climber028 said:

The studies correlating meat with cancer involve cheaply cured meats, and heavily charred meats. You'll be fine. I eat several pounds of red meat per week and have no worries. I'd rather get cancer than taste well done steak so it's a win win. I always do as rare as I can get.

That’s right! There’s nothing wrong with red meat at all. All lean meats are healthy for our bodies and will build strong bodies! Don’t buy the hype guys! 

• Like 1

Tommy J.

My usual..

CBB6723B-A97B-470C-9101-5EAB93117D87.jpeg

Joseph Sullivan
9 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

My usual..

CBB6723B-A97B-470C-9101-5EAB93117D87.jpeg

That looks DELICIOUS 

• Like 1

Tommy J.

Yeah man tacos al pastor is my jam. Typically just called “street tacos” here. I eat Mexican food at least once a day. And when i dont, i refer to it as a “cheat” meal, since i am cheating on my #1 food choice by not eating it. Lol!

Honestly being Texan, i feel that good Mexican food is a part of the culture here. Most not from Texas assume we are big into barbecue, we kind of are, but most of us would rather grab a Mexican dish.

i would highly recommend that anyone not from a border state, or even from another country, if you ever visit here, go to the most hole in the wall Mexican inn you can find and enjoy. You wont regret it. The hole in the wall joints are the best ones 99% of the time.

i love Mexican food and Mexican culture in general. Im not at home if im not in short distance of at least 1 joint that serves street tacos and plays Tejano music. Imo, it really is part of the landscape here. And i wouldnt have it any other way.

• Like 1

maidenfan
1 hour ago, Tommy J. said:

Yeah man tacos al pastor is my jam. Typically just called “street tacos” here. I eat Mexican food at least once a day. And when i dont, i refer to it as a “cheat” meal, since i am cheating on my #1 food choice by not eating it. Lol!

Honestly being Texan, i feel that good Mexican food is a part of the culture here. Most not from Texas assume we are big into barbecue, we kind of are, but most of us would rather grab a Mexican dish.

i would highly recommend that anyone not from a border state, or even from another country, if you ever visit here, go to the most hole in the wall Mexican inn you can find and enjoy. You wont regret it. The hole in the wall joints are the best ones 99% of the time.

i love Mexican food and Mexican culture in general. Im not at home if im not in short distance of at least 1 joint that serves street tacos and plays Tejano music. Imo, it really is part of the landscape here. And i wouldnt have it any other way.

I found this very true in Tucson, AZ.  We ate at several ma/pa Mexican joints and the food was outstanding. 

Climber028

I'm very jealous, I'm up in the cold north and our Mexican food is garbage. Last time I had good food was when I was out in California.

maidenfan
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Climber028 said:

I'm very jealous, I'm up in the cold north and our Mexican food is garbage. Last time I had good food was when I was out in California.

Some of the best food out there is at the fruit and veggie stands in central and Southern California. The avocados alone are worth a trip to Cali 

Edited by maidenfan

maidenfan

Probably my favorite breakfast.  I could eat avacoado toast like this all freaking day long.  Pay no attention to the coffee cup. 

529E424A-3EA0-44FE-977C-4F9AEF4862BC.jpeg

• Haha 2

jvance

Tonight: breakfast tacoz and my secret fluffy PB oatmeal.

jvance
21 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

With you on that brother... at work we always hit up the Jalisco's for some street tacos for lunch. For breakfast tacos, try refried beans, cheese and bacon. Team breakfast SOPs

Wannagrip
18 hours ago, maidenfan said:

Probably my favorite breakfast.  I could eat avacoado toast like this all freaking day long.  Pay no attention to the coffee cup. 

529E424A-3EA0-44FE-977C-4F9AEF4862BC.jpeg

This breakfast would make my Chol skyrocket. :)

maidenfan

Yeah, food is a funny thing - the answer you get all depends on the theory of the researcher.  In this case, a guy like Hornish would definitely agree that the heart would not like this type of food, but Attitia or Adkins May think I’m on the right track.  There are similarities between different ideologies, like fresh vegetables, lean meats, and refraining from sugar and refined foods, which, imo, should be a focus.  Genetics seems to be forgotten in most diets, though.  Everybody needs to figure out what works for them.  The most important factor though, is discipline.  

Wannagrip
7 minutes ago, maidenfan said:

Yeah, food is a funny thing - the answer you get all depends on the theory of the researcher.  In this case, a guy like Hornish would definitely agree that the heart would not like this type of food, but Attitia or Adkins May think I’m on the right track.  There are similarities between different ideologies, like fresh vegetables, lean meats, and refraining from sugar and refined foods, which, imo, should be a focus.  Genetics seems to be forgotten in most diets, though.  Everybody needs to figure out what works for them.  The most important factor though, is discipline.  

For sure on the discipline aspect.  

maidenfan

Tonight’s cheat meal: Hop Venom from Bend, Or’s Boneyard Brewery and a fresh cut ribeye from the local butcher 

49053B0F-9C43-476C-91F1-8C15AE7FE2D8.jpeg

• Like 1

maidenfan

Made some Mac ‘n cheese for the family yesterday.  Was darn good. 

5344E5CE-6D41-4E1C-AB33-2F94EAFF2168.jpeg

AE5AA421-DF90-441E-864D-976E66E210E1.jpeg

Joseph Sullivan
32 minutes ago, maidenfan said:

Tonight’s cheat meal: Hop Venom from Bend, Or’s Boneyard Brewery and a fresh cut ribeye from the local butcher 

49053B0F-9C43-476C-91F1-8C15AE7FE2D8.jpeg

Some nice lean muscle building protein is a cheat meal? Looks like health food to me! 😉