Iron mind eagle claw vs claw curl

maidenfan

Just though I’d share with a description and a few photos.  Eagle claw is sewn webbing, open loops and the claw curl is heavy duty seatbelt material with closed (sewn) pockets.  For me, being heavier with long fingers, the claw curl tends to force me to curl the fingers more and puts pressure on the ends - I rarely use it, but it’s good for this purpose if that’s what you’re looking for.  You can sorta do the same thing with the eagle loops, so they are much more versatile, imo.  I use the eagle loops all the time for pull-ups.  Both are very durable and made well, which is typical of all of the IronMind products I own.

4C5599DA-49D2-4CD6-A747-D632D566595E.jpeg

B992AA4A-76AB-4EDB-B30C-C0202DC8CF6A.jpeg

CD0CC66F-D1CE-43C8-9FB9-7C686C234D18.jpeg

D4357B35-12E6-4716-9604-10B745FF0396.jpeg

8B167ED3-0007-46D9-924A-0B312B3385CE.jpeg

Edited by maidenfan
  • Like 3

• 3 years later...
3 hours ago, Fibro229 said:

How were you training with your eagle loops?

Thanks.

Hey man if you INSIST on training with eagle loops attach them to a loading pin and do higher reps with them (10+) let your fingers get used to them and gradually increase the weight over time.

Do this for a number of MONTHS before even thinking about lower reps/higher weight.

Go super slow go more slowly than you would on any other implement/exercise.

Once your fingers are used to it you can go heavier but please be careful!

If you ever want to do pull ups with them I would suggest to get CRAZY strong with them before attempting this.

You can also attach them to barbells/kettlebells once you are strong enough.

This is how I would do it.

I would also advice you to start a new topic and just ask the question on the board there's probably a number of people on here that use them or have used them in the past.

Edited by DevilErik

Eagle loops can train all phalanges, but the claw curl does a better job at the last two phalanges. Both cut into my skin so I'll probably have to wear gloves to use either of them... I have both.

On 1/18/2022 at 8:41 PM, DevilErik said:

Hey man if you INSIST on training with eagle loops attach them to a loading pin and do higher reps with them (10+) let your fingers get used to them and gradually increase the weight over time.

Do this for a number of MONTHS before even thinking about lower reps/higher weight.

Go super slow go more slowly than you would on any other implement/exercise.

Once your fingers are used to it you can go heavier but please be careful!

If you ever want to do pull ups with them I would suggest to get CRAZY strong with them before attempting this.

You can also attach them to barbells/kettlebells once you are strong enough.

This is how I would do it.

I would also advice you to start a new topic and just ask the question on the board there's probably a number of people on here that use them or have used them in the past.

Thanks! Appreciate the insight :)

So, ofcourse fingers aren't meant quite like a chest muscle for example. So how do I know when to move up a level or something? (Don't want to tear my fingers or something lol)

I have seen people do 200kg 1 finger per hand eagle loop deadlifts, so they must've been training it for ages to get to that level.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, hellswindstaff said:

Eagle loops can train all phalanges, but the claw curl does a better job at the last two phalanges. Both cut into my skin so I'll probably have to wear gloves to use either of them... I have both.

Claw curl? Link?

Sounds cool, how have you trained it? I'm just starting to train eagle loops, doing some dead hangs with them. Reducing fingers as I go along :)

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Fibro229 said:

Thanks! Appreciate the insight :)

So, ofcourse fingers aren't meant quite like a chest muscle for example. So how do I know when to move up a level or something? (Don't want to tear my fingers or something lol)

I have seen people do 200kg 1 finger per hand eagle loop deadlifts, so they must've been training it for ages to get to that level.

Thanks.

The less fingers you use the more dangerous it becomes.

The people that pull off these feats have been training for years and even then it's still dangerous.

You could tear a finger pulley and then it has to be surgically reattached.

Also from what I have seen most people that are good at these finger lifts or fingertip lifts are climbers that have been climbing for years some of them have even been climbing for a decade or more.

You can't just start doing these one finger lifts or you will get injured.

Build a base first with all fingers before moving on to one finger lifts.

Some people do a lift with 5 fingers and then remove fingers from the lift over time.

But this process usually takes months if not longer.

Move up when the weight starts feeling super easy.

Your tendons have to get used to the exercise and the weights this process takes a long time.

Just because you are strong enough to do more weight doesn't  mean you can't tear your finger pulley with that particular weight.

Edited by DevilErik