Jump to content

My training for the #3 cert


Recommended Posts

Lennix
3 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

I made a ~3mm radius on the "grip side" of the block and polished it. I have about the same on my block and I have had zero pain or trouble using it so yeah, I hope it'll be enough for you as well. 

I meant its to beautiful to use 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Hopefully

    670

  • Fist of Fury

    68

  • Lennix

    25

  • Goran Paulinič

    24

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mms Ghp 8 #166 2x1 mms  1x1 miss  2x1 attempt ghp8 #172, slight misses.  Video of my second ghp 8 set below, from what I could see from stills it is closed from a brief moment befo

#153 1x1 #166 1x1  #178 3x1, each missed by a mm or 2, felt extremely good. Tried to crush each for around 3 sec.  #159 1x1 #143 1x3  **** Left hand  #153 1x1 4 sec

mms  #143, 5x1  #2.5, 5x1  Felt good. It's a little stupid to do this now, but I decided to start low and work myself up again with proper setting, see where it leads. I intend to let m

Posted Images

Hopefully
Just now, Lennix said:

I meant its to beautiful to use 😂

Oh, yeah, I got that XD 

I'm just saying 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully

Great mobility/prehab/rehab exercise. 

Excellent as warmup imo alongside the other exercises I posted earlier in the log:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Hopefully

So my finger joints are inflammed (I guess) and I can't train grippers atm. Hopefully it isn't too serious. But I have never had that before no matter how much I trained so it is a bit alarming. 

Seems to resemble synovitis, but I have zero swelling and no movement restrictions so I dunno. 

In the unlikely case that I can't continue I hope I can take up running a little bit more. 

Edited by Hopefully
Link to post
Share on other sites
bruce1337

Shame about your joints. Have you tried supplementing with MSM? I started on that about a month ago and most of my pain and inflammation is gone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully
19 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

Shame about your joints. Have you tried supplementing with MSM? I started on that about a month ago and most of my pain and inflammation is gone. 

Yeah, thanks. 

No, I haven't. What is it? Although I started with omega 3 supplements as soon as I realized it's my joints. Taking around 2500mg. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully
35 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

Shame about your joints. Have you tried supplementing with MSM? I started on that about a month ago and most of my pain and inflammation is gone. 

I looked it up. It had strong support with regards to arthritis. Ordered some. 

Thank you. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
bruce1337
32 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

I looked it up. It had strong support with regards to arthritis. Ordered some. 

Thank you. 

Glad I could assist, I hope it really helps 🤞

When I first started bending I had alot of pain and inflammation I messaged Nathan Holle he recommended MSM to me and after about a week it worked wonders. Even helped with my skin repair.

Edited by bruce1337
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully
9 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

Glad I could assist, I hope it really helps 🤞

When I first started bending I had alot of pain and inflammation I messaged Nathan Holle he recommended MSM to me and after about a week it worked wonders. Even helped with my skin repair.

Great 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully
50 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

Glad I could assist, I hope it really helps 🤞

When I first started bending I had alot of pain and inflammation I messaged Nathan Holle he recommended MSM to me and after about a week it worked wonders. Even helped with my skin repair.

Regarding the MSM again, it has scientific support which is great and all. But, from reading up on reddit for the last hour it seems to have tremendous anecdotal support as well. The placebo effect alone that will stem from this stuff convincing me will probably be plenty enough 😁 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully

I think I am ok, I could do a tns with a #2 today without pain and without my brain restricting force production. The further I have the gripper up on my fingers, the better it feels. Could be that I could work around the injury like this. Regardless I'll rehab for one more week before any kind of serious workout. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Lennix
43 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

I think I am ok, I could do a tns with a #2 today without pain and without my brain restricting force production. The further I have the gripper up on my fingers, the better it feels. Could be that I could work around the injury like this. Regardless I'll rehab for one more week before any kind of serious workout. 

 

Great news! 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully
2 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Great news! 

Yeah.. Thanks :) I feel very happy about it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully

Some stuff I tried a while back for fun, neither is really there yet but I thought they could be a little fun to pursue. Although I don't think the coleman set is very safe. I'm using a 2 for both. 

Coleman set: 

And a Kinney set, man the grinding is tough, could only do it a tiny bit:

 

Edited by Hopefully
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Fist of Fury

Haha, I agree about the Coleman set. I tried it once and I got pain in my wrist immeaditely.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully
4 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Haha, I agree about the Coleman set. I tried it once and I got pain in my wrist immeaditely.

Yeah, I felt it in my extensors pretty good at the end range. Felt very destructive. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully

So I did my first workout in a while today. Felt decent and no pain. We'll see tomorrow though.. 

I think I'll upload videos from now on even though it isn't of anything particularly interesting for a few months. 

Had the gripper too far down on the fingers. 

 

 

Edited by Hopefully
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 9:55 PM, Hopefully said:

Regarding the MSM again, it has scientific support which is great and all. But, from reading up on reddit for the last hour it seems to have tremendous anecdotal support as well. The placebo effect alone that will stem from this stuff convincing me will probably be plenty enough 😁 

I just seen this. I have took a glucosamine and chondroitin supplement for a while now. From what I saw online, MSM has little to no benefit on its own. I think I also read that there isn't a lot of evidence/research to show that it helps aid in this area, whereas there's more evidence to support gluc & chon. Do I feel 10 years younger from taking it? no. I don't notice anything but I prefer to have peace of mind, especially when strength training is my focus.

Edited by AvgJo
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully
1 hour ago, AvgJo said:

I just seen this. I have took a glucosamine and chondroitin supplement for a while now. From what I saw online, MSM has little to no benefit on its own. I think I also read that there isn't a lot of evidence/research to show that it helps aid in this area, whereas there's more evidence to support gluc & chon. Do I feel 10 years younger from taking it? no. I don't notice anything but I prefer to have peace of mind, especially when strength training is my focus.

Yeah, well, don't ruin my placebo effect now 😉

It is always the same though. Conflicting evidence, non responders, high responders etc. From what I saw it hasn't been researched much so it's too early to draw conclusions. 

In the end, what I really think is that nothing really helps that much. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
bruce1337
3 hours ago, AvgJo said:

I just seen this. I have took a glucosamine and chondroitin supplement for a while now. From what I saw online, MSM has little to no benefit on its own. I think I also read that there isn't a lot of evidence/research to show that it helps aid in this area, whereas there's more evidence to support gluc & chon. Do I feel 10 years younger from taking it? no. I don't notice anything but I prefer to have peace of mind, especially when strength training is my focus.

Placebo or not it works for me so I keep taking it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully
3 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

Placebo or not it works for me so I keep taking it.

Btw, 

I suppose neither you or David had read dragonball after all -_- I was convinced it was a reference to that

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Yeah, well, don't ruin my placebo effect now 😉

It is always the same though. Conflicting evidence, non responders, high responders etc. From what I saw it hasn't been researched much so it's too early to draw conclusions. 

In the end, what I really think is that nothing really helps that much. 

Did you just lay off from grip and it got better on its own? I had some pain in the knuckle of my right index finger about a month ago. I think it was from trying out forced closes on grippers, pressing my left palm into my right hand knuckles. Quite nasty for the finger joints.

Edited by AvgJo
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully
13 minutes ago, AvgJo said:

Did you just lay off from grip and it got better on its own? I had some pain in the knuckle of my right index finger about a month ago. I think it was from trying out forced closes on grippers, pressing my left palm into my right hand knuckles. Quite nasty for the finger joints.

The pain was in the last joint (or knuckle?) of the fingers. The distal joints. Though it wasnt clear pain, just.. I dont know. Or I couldnt locate it exactly by touching or anything, it was just sore overall in the joint or something. And it was on all fingers. I got it from very high volume sets to failure. So, overuse. 

And, yeah, just complete rest helped. Did rehab with rice bucket, ice therapy, tendon glides and a lot of things. It felt like everything just made it worse so I just Kinda gave up and thought "eh, I guess it's over, I'm screwed, f*** it all* and then with each day of rest it got a few % better. Now.. I really think I'm ok already. I won’t take it for granted though of course. 

Interestingly though, I THINK sup&pro levering and pinch helped some. Or, this has been lingering for weeks really, the first time I noticed it, it just magically went away with one levering workout. Once it came back with a vengeance though it wasnt that easy. 

 

Edited by Hopefully
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully

#2 filed 8 reps 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.