Hopefully

My training for the #3 cert

liftyzig
5 minutes ago, devinhoo said:

Wow, that first video really got me. Doing that set of exercises twice with each hand left me more tired than most gripper workouts.

Seriously!! HOly cow!

Hopefully
3 hours ago, devinhoo said:

Wow, that first video really got me. Doing that set of exercises twice with each hand left me more tired than most gripper workouts.

Yes I feel the same way, I find that really fascinating. I wonder why that is.. Perhaps you compromise the tendons ability to move? 

Hopefully

Pinching and carrying big pavers, maybe 50 of them, during preparation work for a porch (think that's the correct Word) in my back yard. 

• Like 1

Hopefully

Was going to do some deadlifts but lost interest. 

Mms #153

5x1 each hand. All misses. 

Then a few with #2.5.

• Like 1

Hopefully
Posted (edited)

Some rehab stuff with levers and wrist curls, eccentric curls etc. Hurt my biceps in some way while working in my backyard so I felt big pain in my right arm when I tried grippers. Also I'm getting bald at 28. Lots of motivating positives going on right now. 

I was in good form a few years ago but then it went to shit because of depression, and I didnt want to lose weight now because I could lose crush strength, but after watching a video today from back then and remembering how I felt I'm unsure of what the f*** I'm doing to be honest. So I will probably go the sullivan route and lose the extra weight. 

Edited by Hopefully

Fist of Fury
1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

Some rehab stuff with levers and wrist curls, eccentric curls etc. Hurt my biceps in some way while working in my backyard so I felt big pain in my right arm when I tried grippers. Also I'm getting bald at 28. Lots of motivating positives going on right now. 

I was in good form a few years ago but then it went to shit because of depression, and I didnt want to lose weight now because I could lose crush strength, but after watching a video today from back then and remembering how I felt I'm unsure of what the f*** I'm doing to be honest. So I will probably go the sullivan route and lose the extra weight. 

Nothing wrong with being bald. I shave my head by choice because my hair is too thick. Long hair is for women, it's not the 18th century anymore.

Lose weight very slow, if you do it fast your crush will take a vacation I can ensure you that.

Hopefully
2 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Nothing wrong with being bald. I shave my head by choice because my hair is too thick. Long hair is for women, it's not the 18th century anymore.

Lose weight very slow, if you do it fast your crush will take a vacation I can ensure you that.

I don't take it well at all, I cried about it earlier today. Which happens once every 8 years or something at the most. But it is what it is. Good thing I like wearing caps. 

Yeah.. In my experience losing any weight destroys any strength related performance. But you gain a lot of other benefits instead. 

Fist of Fury
4 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

I don't take it well at all, I cried about it earlier today. Which happens once every 8 years or something at the most. But it is what it is. Good thing I like wearing caps. 

Yeah.. In my experience losing any weight destroys any strength related performance. But you gain a lot of other benefits instead. 

Nothing to cry about man. The wisest men have no hair. For men it's all about facial hair :D 

What is you BW by the way?

• Like 1

Hopefully
3 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Nothing to cry about man. The wisest men have no hair. For men it's all about facial hair :D 

What is you BW by the way?

Lol right ^^

99.7kg. Earlier today. Used to weigh 78kg. 

Fist of Fury
4 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Lol right ^^

99.7kg. Earlier today. Used to weigh 78kg. 

Can't be that bad at that weight if you bench 150 kg?

I'v lost 10 kg in the last four months and I've lost a lot of strength in all exercises. Most of it is water and fat but for sure some muscle loss as well, especially on my legs. No fun at all :blink

Stay in the 90's. Will be much harder for you to cert if you're under that I think.

• Like 1

Hopefully

Can't be that bad at that weight if you bench 150 kg?

I'v lost 10 kg in the last four months and I've lost a lot of strength in all exercises. Most of it is water and fat but for sure some muscle loss as well, especially on my legs. No fun at all :blink

Stay in the 90's. Will be much harder for you to cert if you're under that I think.

Yeah, well, it's hard to get weaker regardless. But I feel my interest is fading a little bit when it comes to lifting big weights. I just don't care anymore. So for that reason the extra weight isn't worth it. Makes me tired too so.. 

Yup it definitely sucks.. But your body feels way better imo. Feels nice to be light. You get more free in a sense. Can use your body in more practical ways. 

I agree, I can probably lose 10KG which will make a big difference but still keeps me decently strong. 

• Like 1

Hopefully
Posted (edited)

Holle dumbbell:

Many lifts but worth noting was 47kg with both hands, air under 48.8kg and assisted lifts with unassisted negative with 51.6kg. 

Then curls and rev wrist curls 

Edited by Hopefully
  • Like 2

bruce1337
11 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Holle dumbbell:

Many lifts but worth noting was 47kg with both hands, air under 48.8kg and assisted lifts with unassisted negative with 51.6kg. 

Then curls and rev wrist curls 

How do you train with the Holle Dumbbell. Do you train with the offset weight on the thumb side? I had a conversation with Holle and he said that a 60kg lift on the Holle dumbbell means you're strong enough for the inch dumbbell

Hopefully
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bruce1337 said:

How do you train with the Holle Dumbbell. Do you train with the offset weight on the thumb side? I had a conversation with Holle and he said that a 60kg lift on the Holle dumbbell means you're strong enough for the inch dumbbell

Yeah, I use the hardest possible position. 

Yup he told me the same, I doubt I'll ever see an inch though. The inch isn't really a goal of mine, I dont find it that interesting. Although it would be cool to attempt it someday of course. 

Edited by Hopefully
  • Like 1

Fist of Fury

Yeah, I use the hardest possible position. 

Yup he told me the same, I doubt I'll ever see an inch though. The inch isn't really a goal of mine, I dont find it that interesting. Although it would be cool to attempt it someday of course. 

Klart du ska ha en Inch-hantel Andreas :D 

• Like 1

Hopefully
1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

Klart du ska ha en Inch-hantel Andreas :D 

Om det inte vore så satans dyrt så, tror bruden blir lite sur om jag bränner 10k på en hantel som bara kommer ligga och håna mig i källaren för all framtid 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hopefully

Recent wide set attempt with #153. 

Am a little bored so I thought I should upload something. 

• Like 5

Hopefully
Posted (edited)

Some benching

Mini reps from mms with #140, 3 sets each hand. Tried #153 after that and had no chance with either hand.

Then some mini reps with #2.5

Unfortunately I have yet to see any improvement on setting strength. Setting 153 requires a gargantuan effort. I'll continue to roll with it though. It is what it is. 

I feel weak overall and am very wore down in general. Expected nothing today. 

Edited by Hopefully
  • Like 1

Fist of Fury
28 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Some benching

Mini reps from mms with #140, 3 sets each hand. Tried #153 after that and had no chance with either hand.

Then some mini reps with #2.5

Unfortunately I have yet to see any improvement on setting strength. Setting 153 requires a gargantuan effort. I'll continue to roll with it though. It is what it is. 

I feel weak overall and am very wore down in general. Expected nothing today. 

It will come with time. It's just like any exercise, one day can be bad, another can be good. The more often you do it the better :) 

Hopefully

It will come with time. It's just like any exercise, one day can be bad, another can be good. The more often you do it the better :) 

Sure. If I had felt strong today which is far from the case I would be pissed off though ^^

Has been a while since I felt good, am always tired and lethargic. Been a month at least. I have sort of always been like that for a few reasons, but I'm wondering if working shifts is starting to become too demanding for me. 

How is your sleep going? 

Fist of Fury

Sure. If I had felt strong today which is far from the case I would be pissed off though ^^

Has been a while since I felt good, am always tired and lethargic. Been a month at least. I have sort of always been like that for a few reasons, but I'm wondering if working shifts is starting to become too demanding for me. 

How is your sleep going? 

Working shifts is not something one should do for too long periods in my opinion. It's not good for the body, we are meant to be sleeping at night, not during the day.

Also, there's depressing times now with the pandemic. I think it affects people more than they think.

• Like 2

bencrush
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 4:04 AM, Hopefully said:

Recent wide set attempt with #153. 

Am a little bored so I thought I should upload something. 

That was a very strong attempt!  Looked very strong to me. 

• Thanks 1

Hopefully
1 minute ago, bencrush said:

That was a very strong attempt!  Looked very strong to me. 

Thanks Ben, hopefully I can close it soon. Then comes mastering it of course. Will turn out to be a long journey this 😛

• Like 1

Hopefully

Holle dumbbell  singles with 45 and holds with 35. Then high rep bounces with 25.

Blob 13kg high rep bounces

High rep rev w c

Hopefully

Holle Db, both hands 

45.6kg 5x1

40kg 5x1 

35kg 4x3