Hopefully

My training for the #3 cert

Hopefully

Mms at work 

Some singles with 143, 153,156 and 159. 

Felt good, strong. Was easy to set and everything. 

• Like 3

Hopefully
Posted (edited)

BB row 90kg 5x5

Holle dumbbell straight wrist 35kg 10x1

Reverse bicep curls with FGE 30kg 3x5

Twist yo wrist radial 18kg 3x2 (up n down x2) 1 single up with 23kg. Had to find a working weight so worked up to a max single. 

TYW ulnar 10kg 4x2 

I don’t expect good gripper strength for a few days after this. 

Just do this for fun, don’t think it'll give me anything on grippers and I wont ever compete but, Yeah, just to mix it up a bit 

😛

Edited by Hopefully
  • Like 1

Hopefully

Narrow bench 4x8 90kg 

Db curl 25kg 3x8 

Gripper setting practice, will give this a try once more since Nathan insisted it was important. 

Lots of singles with #2. One or 2 with 2.5. Some singles with rba LS highest setting. 

Tried to find good angles and everything. Felt decent. The 2.5 was very easy. Still, I have to be able to comfortably set 3.5 so it doesnt interfere with my closes, it feels a little discouraging

Nts:Wrist twist important 

• Like 1

Hopefully
Posted (edited)

Set practice up to #143, then between legs 

Mms 

143 1x1

159 1x1 

166 1x1 smashed it really hard. Effort pb for sure 

178 1x0 close miss 

153 1x5 

Left hand 

143 1x1

159 2x1 

153 1x2

143 1x4

Finger curls 

70kg 2x20 

Ended up going really heavy because I felt very strong today. 

Edited by Hopefully
  • Like 3

devinhoo
5 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Set practice up to #143, then between legs 

Mms 

143 1x1

159 1x1 

166 1x1 smashed it really hard. Effort pb for sure 

178 1x0 close miss 

153 1x5 

Left hand 

143 1x1

159 2x1 

153 1x2

143 1x4

Finger curls 

70kg 2x20 

Ended up going really heavy because I felt very strong today. 

Dang dude! Nice work. What's your best MMS close? If you can get the setting down you could for sure do the MM1 and MM2!

Hopefully
4 hours ago, devinhoo said:

Dang dude! Nice work. What's your best MMS close? If you can get the setting down you could for sure do the MM1 and MM2!

Thanks! It went better than expected. My best close is 172 from 10-15mm. 20mm is 166.

Yeah, maybe I'll do those sometime :) I'm not sure. 

Hopefully
Posted (edited)

Easy volume workout 

I want to see how I respond to frequent variation and more exercises than I usually do. With grippers switching sets every other workout, holle dumbbell to blob, to IM block etc. 

Blob 

Many singles 

IM block around 14kg 

A lot of reps 

FGE reverse curls 20KG 4x8 

Plate curl trainer 

2x15 

#1.5 setting practice. Maybe 20 singles trying not to use closing hand 

Edited by Hopefully
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully

CCS 2.5 

~ 70 reps. 

Sets of 3, some sets with 4 

Then 3x6 with #2

Left hand around 45 then some more with the 2.

BB curl 50kg 3x8

• Like 2

Hopefully
Posted (edited)

Setting practice rba ls 10-10 lots of singles. 

Heavy spring 4-5 maybe 6 singles. 

Then volume with #2 and #1.5

TYW 10KG few sets. Standing on bench. 

I am definitely getting the hand (Edit :hang lol) of this now. Finally. My chest was pumped afterwards which is a great sign. I dont think heavy grippers will be a problem soon. 

Edited by Hopefully

Hopefully

Mms #2, 5x3

Squats 90kg 4x8 or something. Just despise this lift, and will only do it for maintenance and balance as well. I cant bring myself to care about it, it's too much of an uphill battle for me. 

Db row 3x12 

Hopefully

Easy training just to do something. 

FGE reverse curls 30kg 3x5

Tyw 5kg few sets 

Hopefully

BB curls 60kg 2x2

70kg 1x1

• Like 2

Hopefully

I have rested for 10 days now since my heavy mms workout, and I'm getting some strength back. I also did my high volume ccs workout in between so possibly I can recovery fully within 10 days without it. So I think I'll try that for awhile now. 

• Like 4

Hopefully
Posted (edited)

#153 1x1

#166 1x1 

#178 3x1, each missed by a mm or 2, felt extremely good. Tried to crush each for around 3 sec. 

#159 1x1

#143 1x3 

Left hand 

#153 1x1 4 sec crush 

#159 3or4 x1. 

#143 5x1 4 sec crush 

Finger curl 60kg 1x28,1x22,1x14

My gripper videos arent the most exciting because you cant see the set on a heavy attempt because I set between the legs. But here's my first attempt with #3.5. I filmed it for @Lennix at his request and wasnt going to upload it because I look a bit ridiculous but why not :

And an Elite close just to upload some more:

For right hand, this is the best I have ever done. For Left it's up there. Which is a failure. You dont want to equal your previous best, I see no value in that. You want to move beyond it. 

Did it in the evening, so I was a little tired and had to hype myself up a lot, maybe it could have gone even better earlier. 

After a period of ccs closes, I always perform well on mms. I initially thought it was because I gained strength from ccs training but now I'm starting to think that ccs just functions as a 'rest period' and allow me to recover due to much less intensity. And therefore I perform well because I have a lot in reserve. Seems plausible. If that's the case I'm unsure wide sets are beneficial besides neurological reasons. There's always hypertrophy though. 

Rest for around 10 days now, which forces me to enjoy and focus on pinch and thickbar more. A good thing for sure. Letting grippers go for a bit. 

Edited by Hopefully
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Daveyboy
On 3/24/2020 at 12:53 AM, Hopefully said:

Squats 90kg 4x8 or something. Just despise this lift, and will only do it for maintenance and balance as well. I cant bring myself to care about it, it's too much of an uphill battle for me. 

Urgh, I know how you feel. I did them for about 3 months last year and then stopped as I really don't like them, and I suck at them. I just use the leg machines now...at least I did before the gyms closed.

• Like 1

Hopefully
4 minutes ago, Daveyboy said:

Urgh, I know how you feel. I did them for about 3 months last year and then stopped as I really don't like them, and I suck at them. I just use the leg machines now...at least I did before the gyms closed.

Yup, I enjoy the machines too. Been a while since I visited a commercial gym though. 

No matter what I do squats feel weird and unnatural. It bugs me a bit being so weak at it but it is what it is. 

Hopefully

Db row 65kg 3x8

Bb curl 40kg 3x12 

Reverse Bb curl Fat grips extreme 30kg 3x8 

• Like 1

rippedlikeapig
20 hours ago, Hopefully said:

#153 1x1

#166 1x1 

#178 3x1, each missed by a mm or 2, felt extremely good. Tried to crush each for around 3 sec. 

#159 1x1

#143 1x3 

Left hand 

#153 1x1 4 sec crush 

#159 3or4 x1. 

#143 5x1 4 sec crush 

Finger curl 60kg 1x28,1x22,1x14

My gripper videos arent the most exciting because you cant see the set on a heavy attempt because I set between the legs. But here's my first attempt with #3.5. I filmed it for @Lennix at his request and wasnt going to upload it because I look a bit ridiculous but why not :

And an Elite close just to upload some more:

For right hand, this is the best I have ever done. For Left it's up there. Which is a failure. You dont want to equal your previous best, I see no value in that. You want to move beyond it. 

Did it in the evening, so I was a little tired and had to hype myself up a lot, maybe it could have gone even better earlier. 

After a period of ccs closes, I always perform well on mms. I initially thought it was because I gained strength from ccs training but now I'm starting to think that ccs just functions as a 'rest period' and allow me to recover due to much less intensity. And therefore I perform well because I have a lot in reserve. Seems plausible. If that's the case I'm unsure wide sets are beneficial besides neurological reasons. There's always hypertrophy though. 

Rest for around 10 days now, which forces me to enjoy and focus on pinch and thickbar more. A good thing for sure. Letting grippers go for a bit. 

Awesome! Congrats! 

• Thanks 1

Fist of Fury
On 3/23/2020 at 3:53 PM, Hopefully said:

Mms #2, 5x3

Db row 3x12 

Just get on a good program man. Before you know, it will feel natural. And there's no reason to train like a powerlifter. Squats are probably the single best excercise there is. It trains the most important parts of your body that you need to stay healthy. Get on a good program and squat twice per week is enough, you don't need to chase numbers. The only important thing is that you train it consistently :) 

Also, there's more types of squats than just back sqauts, to mix things up and make it more fun.

Nice close on the Elite by the way 👍

• Like 1

Hopefully
6 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Just get on a good program man. Before you know, it will feel natural. And there's no reason to train like a powerlifter. Squats are probably the single best excercise there is. It trains the most important parts of your body that you need to stay healthy. Get on a good program and squat twice per week is enough, you don't need to chase numbers. The only important thing is that you train it consistently :) 

Also, there's more types of squats than just back sqauts, to mix things up and make it more fun.

Nice close on the Elite by the way 👍

Yeah, well, I will continue with them still but they feel so wrong. Each time when I go down no matter what position I try it feels very unnatural and inefficient. It's like I have to go against what my body wants to do naturally in order to have good form. Good form feels way off. I have been doing them seriously for months now and I feel no improvement at all. I'll continue to tweak though :)

Thank you! 

Fist of Fury
3 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Yeah, well, I will continue with them still but they feel so wrong. Each time when I go down no matter what position I try it feels very unnatural and inefficient. It's like I have to go against what my body wants to do naturally in order to have good form. Good form feels way off. I have been doing them seriously for months now and I feel no improvement at all. I'll continue to tweak though :)

Thank you! 

There's no one way of doing lifts. What you have seen others do might not apply to you. Try different stances with light weight and see how that affects the feeling.

• Thanks 1

WestSlope

I've been testing this split squat for the last three leg days. I'm digging them. Feels good on my hips and I get to pretend I'm in training to be an athlete.

• Thanks 1

Hopefully

Blob trainer:

20.5kg 8x1 Left hand 

18.5kg 8x1 right hand 

Almost got 23 kg Left hand

FGE rev curls 35kg 3x4 

Bb curl 60kg 2x5

Squat 100kg 5x2