Hopefully

My training for the #3 cert

Goran Paulinič

Closing it like an absolute boss! Can't wait for my next 2.5 attempt. Will film it!

• Like 1

Hopefully
15 minutes ago, Goran Paulinič said:

Closing it like an absolute boss! Can't wait for my next 2.5 attempt. Will film it!

Thanks! 

Yeah, it's good to have videos to see what you are doing. Also it's fun to look back 

• Like 1

bencrush

Very strong close!  That looked very easy.  There is nothing wrong with your CCS technique.  Have you tried the style of CCS where you deep set (parallel handles) the gripper and THEN open it up to a CCS width before inserting the card?  That way leads to stronger closes for more guys that I have shown it to over the years compared to the way you did it.  And again, there's nothing wrong with the way you did it.  I used to think that the deep set CCS method wouldn't make any difference a long time ago when I first saw someone do it.  Then I tried it and there is a definite leverage improvement and a "skin grabbing" feeling where the handles feel like they are stuck to your fingers.  It might've been @Jedd Johnsonthat I saw do the deep set CCS style years ago? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully

@bencrush

Thanks for the suggestion Ben, but I have tried that technique a few times with no success. Although, I'm unsure if I have tried it with the backhandle that far back. What usually happens is I deep set the gripper and when I can insert the card my fingers are so extended that they lock up and I am unable to even start the movement. Of course, that shouldn't happen if I have it sufficiently far back in the hand.. 

I'll try it again. 

• Like 1

Hopefully

Benchpress 3x10 110kg

28kg blob drags 5 sets, normal route easy, try 1.5 laps next time. Try to lift during drag. 

1x1 2 handed hold 

1x1 assisted 1 hand lift and hold (do more of these, use minimum assist!!) 

Blob trainer 2 finger lift (MI) ~19kg (+4plates&collar each side) 

3x1 with hold. Not easy. Definitely won't use more weight next time, better to try longer holds. I respect the injury risk. A little. 

RP lifts ~ 14kg (+collar each side) 3x1. Somewhat easy. Still no more weight next workout though. 

Super satisfied with this workout. 

Edited by Hopefully
  • Like 1

Hopefully

Did a tns attempt with a 3 today because I was bored. Well, I was a few light years away

😛

Edited by Hopefully
  • Like 3

Hopefully

Some benching 

Some dumbbell rowing 

Video is 308 fu bench 

• Like 1

rippedlikeapig

A decent lift and good technique there. 

What’s your 1RM? 180/400? 

Hopefully
11 minutes ago, rippedlikeapig said:

A decent lift and good technique there. 

What’s your 1RM? 180/400? 

Thanks!

I would need to do a serious bench cycle to peak for that to happen. Otherwise I hover around 160-170kg somewhere. Haven't tried for awhile. I basically bench for maintenance. 

Edited by Hopefully

Hopefully

Squat 120kg 3x2, felt good, was very easy. Which it should be. 

Silarukov RP closes, 8 overcrushes. Setting 0. Was easy, need to move up 3-5mm.

Left hand rb adjustable LP 7-7

8x3

Left hand felt weird, had no control. Need to get used to the movement. 

Just felt like doing something different today. My hands are beat up and have no power for a proper workout anyway. 

• Like 1

rippedlikeapig
12 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Thanks!

I would need to do a serious bench cycle to peak for that to happen. Otherwise I hover around 160-170kg somewhere. Haven't tried for awhile. I basically bench for maintenance. 

160-170 is a strong bench anyway. And even stronger when it’s only for maintenance. 

• Thanks 1

Hopefully
7 minutes ago, rippedlikeapig said:

160-170 is a strong bench anyway. And even stronger when it’s only for maintenance. 

Thank you. 

Thanks for asking also, I think I'll try next workout to see where I am at. 

Hopefully

Just saw Bohemian rhapsody, shouldn't have done that. Get too sentimental. Now I had to watch Youtube for an hour and see their live aid concert and Wembley 1986 concert. In my opinion Freddie's the best singer ever. An enormous tragedy they never got to do the show must go on live. Such a fitting name for a last song though. 

Edited by Hopefully
  • Like 1

Anemptybox
On 2/10/2020 at 3:30 PM, Hopefully said:

Video is 2.5 ccs, feel good about my CCS technique. I don't know what I could improve. With heavier grippers I do some arm twist that seem to give a little extra. Maybe I could try to stretch my thumb over some more, and extend my wrist at the same time

That looked damn good, very explosive!

• Like 1

Hopefully
20 minutes ago, Anemptybox said:

That looked damn good, very explosive!

Thank you. 

Hopefully

Recently bought chalk from Rouge and Eleiko to compare. 

Although both is of very high quality, surprisingly to me, I have to give the edge to Rouge. Their chalk seem to really dry up the skin and gives a really rough surface to the skin, providing high friction which benefits everything. Particilarly grippers as I found that the backhandle stays glued to your palm. The chalk also seem to stay really well, no need to re-chalk every set which I find myself doing with most brands. 

Only bad thing could be that it almost dries up the hands a little too much, I can see the skin potentially cracking from it and grippers rip up the skin due to the high friction. 

Eleiko doesnt give you as rough a surface in the hands, which could maybe benefit gymnastics and weightlifting more, seeing as you wouldn't want too high friction there. 

All in all their chalk is easily the best I've tried. There's a big difference in comparison to other brands. 

• Like 1

Lennix
2 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

All in all their chalk is easily the best I've tried. There's a big difference in comparison to other brands. 

But do you get any notable increase in strength when closing grippers? 

Hopefully
4 minutes ago, Lennix said:

But do you get any notable increase in strength when closing grippers? 

I can't say yet Thom, I have zero strength at the moment and have to rest maybe a week. I would say though that when using mms sets, it would be much easier to get an optimal set due to the high friction and thus more consistency. Seeing as there could be a big difference in power if the gripper moves even a mm, I would say yes. 

• Like 1

Goran Paulinič

Is high friction more dangerous than low friction? Which is likely to produce skin tears?

Hopefully
14 minutes ago, Goran Paulinič said:

Is high friction more dangerous than low friction? Which is likely to produce skin tears?

Well, high seems the most logical to me 

Lennix
18 minutes ago, Goran Paulinič said:

There's a couple of different things you can get from doing gripper works. 

One is a straight skintear which is more likely with dry skin. Another is blisters, this is made by slipping. I once slipped during SB holds with my coc#4 making a 1cm round blister in my palm. 

I definitely prefer dry skin and skin cracks over blisters.  

• Like 2

Goran Paulinič
3 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Well, high seems the most logical to me 

It is somehow logical but why? Low friction means that there is no high force involved. High friction involves high force. And if this force is fully stopped it may be too much for the skin. Maybe it is supposed to slip a little. So we must for safety reasons sacrifice some work of our hands for slips.

• Like 1

Hopefully

20-03-17

Two finger closes both hands, rep work. 

I desperately need longer rest again, got zero crushing power. The #2 feels heavy for me which means im very worked down. 

The blob training was very demanding I suppose. 

This could be avoided by taking deload weeks before it gets to this point, but I don't have the discipline to do that when it’s going well. I can only manage to do it when I realize that I don't have any other choice. 

Edited by Hopefully