Hopefully

My training for the #3 cert

Hopefully

Practiced some technique, I cant quite find the best setting for me. Tried setting deeper and letting out but I couldn't even start that way. The close would probably get easier that way though. Just have to get a bit stronger first. I think I'll include at least 1set ccs on the MMS days too. 

CCS #3, 5x1, attempts 

GHP 6, 3x1 

//////

Left ghp7, 5x1

GHP6 3x1 

Edited by Hopefully

Hopefully

Yesterday 

Benchpress 140kg 2x5, 2x2 2sec pause, 1x1 explosive. 

130kg 1x2 long pause 

120kg 3x2 long pause 

100kg 3x2 paused explosive reps.

Also mixtured a bit with technique here, tried out a few different angles. Mainly wider and tucking elbows in more, also tucking chin etc. Wider with tucked elbows felt Nice, but had to adjust the angle of my chest and hit a different spot with the bar to get it right. Had a little difficulty doing that. Think I need to work more on mobility in upper back. Also my legs are way too tight, I cant bring my feet back far enough and still have the heels in the floor. 

5s with 140kg was not easy, 145 will be difficult. I think I can do it though, after that no way. Then I will start to lower reps with 150kg and begin to peak in a couple of weeks. I dont have a specific goal. But I will be dissapointed if I hit lower than 160kg. 170 would be nice but that's a perfect dream scenario. 

I'm happy that I have regained some passion.. It's nice lifting in a mainstream gym and not in a powerlifting gym as I did before. The pressure to compete there is very high and also the environment in itself is very competitive with lots of big egos. I cant really handle that mentally.

Where I am now people usually run or do some biceps curls or mainly talk to each other. Not hardcore by any stretch. Very, very relaxing. 

Bw dips, triceps focus, 5x12 

Rear delt 3x12, 2.5kg

Edited by Hopefully

Hopefully

M 11mm , 4x1, still a hair away. It felt easier than ever before, but I still missed. It must ramp up considerably at the end. I was pretty sure I would destroy it today..oh well.

ghp7 3x1 

ghp6 1x1

left hand:

ghp7 5x1

#136 4x1

/////

rice bucket work, cw and ccw wrist circles 50reps each, sup and pro turns 30rep, extensor 25 rep.

Therabar radial and ulnar deviation 30rep

/////////////////

Edited by Hopefully

Hopefully

Borrowed straps from a friend today. Used them every set. Awesome to have fresh hands afterwards, totally worth it. 

Bb row 115kg 5x5, 120kg 3x1 explosive, 80kg strict 2x12

//////

Dynamic thumb drags 5x10 blob+6.75kg. Ponyclamp overcrush 5x1 

/////

Hopefully

I am actually a little bit surprised I can keep this up and make progress. I only max out on gripper workouts, nothing else. Every set I give everything. 3 times a week. I dont even feel tired in the hands, just powerful. 

I initially got the ghp6 early last year by simply trying to close it. Took 3-4 workouts I think. Same approach again now. 

Nothing else have worked this well for me so far. In fact I'm actually not sure if anything else has Worked at all to be honest. 

I understand not everyone responds well to this kind of training, but I certainly do. 

Hopefully

M 4x1, some forced closes

t-rex filed 4mm from full depth 4x1 oc

Hopefully

Left hand 

Silarukov parallel gripper 30.6mm 7x1 attempt 

I'm not sure I like this one, half of the movement is incredibly easy then it binds up like hell the very last few mm. A choked torsion is hard the whole movement. I'll give it a chance though. I wanted Silvis grippers originally but was forced to buy this one since he doesn't give a shit about his buisness in regards to international customers. 

/////////////////

Edited by Hopefully

Lennix
On 1/14/2019 at 3:33 PM, Hopefully said:

rice bucket work, cw and ccw wrist circles 50reps each, sup and pro turns 30rep, extensor 25 rep.

Therabar radial and ulnar deviation 30rep

/////////////////

I was thinking of fixing a rice bucket for myself, is it that simple you just take a big bucket and pour some rice into it? 

I'm doing extensions with ordinary rubberbands, would you stay there's a big diffrence with the IM rubberbands?

Hopefully
3 hours ago, Lennix said:

I was thinking of fixing a rice bucket for myself, is it that simple you just take a big bucket and pour some rice into it? 

I'm doing extensions with ordinary rubberbands, would you stay there's a big diffrence with the IM rubberbands?

It's invaluable, do it. It is perfect for rehab/prehab. And yes it is that simple. Just be sure that you have filled it at least half your forearm length or so (including hand ofc). 

I trained for the planche a while ago and developed pretty bad forearm splints in doing so. Rice bucket cured it when nothing else did. So after that I tried to do it routinely. 

I have never used regular bands but I think Ironmind's a really good product, I dont regret buying them at all. 

Lennix
27 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

It's invaluable, do it. It is perfect for rehab/prehab. And yes it is that simple. Just be sure that you have filled it at least half your forearm length or so (including hand ofc). 

I trained for the planche a while ago and developed pretty bad forearm splints in doing so. Rice bucket cured it when nothing else did. So after that I tried to do it routinely. 

I have never used regular bands but I think Ironmind's a really good product, I dont regret buying them at all. 

That's alot of rice then! Thank you for the help.

• Like 1

Hopefully

Yesterday. 

Some mms closes with ghp7, really weak after being sick for two weeks 

Hopefully

Ghp7 1x1

Ghp8 3x1 attempts 

M choked 1x1 

Ghp6 1x8

#2 1x30

/////

Left hand 

/////

Ghp7 5x1 attempt 

Silarukov 30mm 1x1 

#2 1x15 

#1 1x50

Feels good to work with ghp8. Even though I cant close it yet, it shows I'm getting stronger. I'm ready to work with it 

Edited by Hopefully
  • Like 1

Griparn

Intresting log to follow! It seems like you’re closing in on your goal. 

Btw Im a Swede too. 😀

• Like 1

Hopefully
3 hours ago, Griparn said:

Intresting log to follow! It seems like you’re closing in on your goal. 

Btw Im a Swede too. 😀

Thanks! :)

Yeah well.. I hope so, at this rate I could get it done by late autumn or so this year I think.. But you never know. Sometimes progress on these things seem to just stop for weeks or months without reason. 

Awesome :)

Edited by Hopefully

Hopefully

Bb row 5x8 100kg 5x2 110kg

Pendlay 3x10 60kg 

Pull downs 5x8 strict and easy 

1x1 mms ghp7. Thought I'd do grippers also but I felt it wasn't possible alongside back work. 

Edited by Hopefully

Hopefully

Grippers mms

#166 5x1 attempts, getting there. 

M 11mm choke 1x1 closed, 1x1 miss 

#130 1x12

Left hand 

Ghp7 5x1 attempts 

Silarukov 2x1 attempt 

#112 1x15

////