Eric Roussin

2018 International King Kong Grip Challenge

Eric Roussin

Ivan Pupchenko has informed me that the FBBC contest loading measures 30 cm and the FBBC Omni pin measures 36 cm.

Nigel Blackburn
2 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

Ivan Pupchenko has informed me that the FBBC contest loading measures 30 cm and the FBBC Omni pin measures 36 cm.

Thanks, Eric!

DAVE101

So how exactly does the multiple locations work? Is there one winner from the entire world, or does each location give prizes? Do you have to stream to see when others in your weight class are going? Sorry for my ignorance, I haven't done any comps before.

Eric Roussin
1 hour ago, DAVE101 said:

So how exactly does the multiple locations work? Is there one winner from the entire world, or does each location give prizes? Do you have to stream to see when others in your weight class are going? Sorry for my ignorance, I haven't done any comps before.

Each venue runs the contest independently, and then the results are combined to determine overall and class standings. The awards are given out based on combined results. (So, you can take first in a class at a particular venue, but out of the top three once all results are combined.) Each venue operates “in the dark” in that competitors don’t know which weights are being attempted in other venues.

The overall top worldwide finisher will be crowned “The King Kong of Grip”. In my opinion, this is currently the biggest achievement in all of grip sport.

• Like 2

John McCarter

Hey everyone, hope all of your training is going well for King Kong. I informed Eric that I will not be hosting a venue for King Kong in Missouri this year. Sorry if anyone planned to attend the Missouri venue. Currently, the hours I have with my job is going to prevent me from hosting (working nights for the next 6 months, no normal weekends off, and potentially been held over for days).

• Sad 1

Eric Roussin

Another location has been added. Marc Brotherson will be hosting a venue in Boulder, Colorado!

• Like 1

Boulderbrew
25 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

Another location has been added. Marc Brotherson will be hosting a venue in Boulder, Colorado!

Whaaaaat that should be sick. I expect a lot climbers to show up 

• Like 1

Joseph Sullivan
10 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

Whaaaaat that should be sick. I expect a lot climbers to show up 

Uh oh.... that may mean we are all doomed!

Climber028
1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Uh oh.... that may mean we are all doomed!

You'll be okay, I'll be doomed with all the extra featherweights haha. 

• Haha 1

Broc
Posted (edited)

For gripboard members email me at info@kingkonggrip.com if you have questions or wish to join us.  

Boulder Colorado

Details will go up at kingkonggrip.com next week, but expect the entry fee to be a donation at the door to Children's Hospital.  If I get enough people registered there will be prizes, otherwise expect a nice strong pat on the back and some torn skin.

Edited by Broc

Broc

@Eric Roussin

Has the planning team put together demo videos on youtube or instagram that promoters can use in our advertising material?  Most of the athletes in my area will have only heard of rolling handles and grippers.  I can make them if needed but I do not have all of the equipment in hand yet.

Eric Roussin

No official plans have been made to film a video for this year’s contest. It’s a good idea. Some were made for past King Kong contests.

@Andrew P

Broc

Can anyone confirm if the new moontop works with the omni pins? 

corefire
Posted (edited)

first pic moon top Gen2 from 2018 don't work well with the origininal pen. but fit good with a 6mm screw or something similar

second pic moontop Gen2 from 2017 fits perfect but the total lenght from pin + moontop Gen2 is 1/2" shorter

(additional note. moontop Gen2 from 2017 dont fits the original horne loading pin with standard 8mm screw but nice with 6mm screw)

20180813_194716.jpg

20180813_194735.jpg

Edited by corefire

corefire

omnipin carabiner attachement from ground ~13 1/2" (34.5cm)

omnipin pen attachement from ground ~ 11 5/8" (29.5cm)

20180813_200835.jpg

20180813_200742.jpg

Broc

Thanks, I will stick to the published rules which state omni and moontop are acceptable and assume the organizers have sorted it all out.

• Like 1