2018 International King Kong Grip Challenge

Eric Roussin

Big news! King Kong is coming to Asia!

Bader has intentions of hosting a King Kong venue in Dubai in three weeks! It was a last minute decision, and he's in the process of obtaining all of the necessary equipment. Hopefully everything will arrive on time and he'll be able to take part!

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

Bader has intentions of hosting a King Kong venue in Dubai in three weeks! It was a last minute decision, and he's in the process of obtaining all of the necessary equipment. Hopefully everything will arrive on time and he'll be able to take part!

Very nice, very cool, that's great!‼️

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

Another good news. There is a strongman event on the 26. All the top strongman are there. Brian Shaw, Hafthor and the likes. I'll try to get them too but they might be tired. Let's see,

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Another good news. There is a strongman event on the 26. All the top strongman are there. Brian Shaw, Hafthor and the likes. I'll try to get them too but they might be tired. Let's see,

Haha.... gonna be a few upset folks out in the world if that Happens. Should be very interesting to see if it comes to fruition.

21 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Haha.... gonna be a few upset folks out in the world if that Happens. Should be very interesting to see if it comes to fruition.

Why?!

On 10/7/2018 at 6:54 AM, Alawadhi said:

I truly hope you can somehow get any or all of those guys to compete in your grip contest - it'd be completely crazy - good luck!

• Like 2

Quick question: in the rules document it reads, "The competitor is allowed to switch hands between attempts, as desired." Are we not allowed to switch hands during the one minute lifting window? Sorry if this has already been answered. 

4 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

Quick question: in the rules document it reads, "The competitor is allowed to switch hands between attempts, as desired." Are we not allowed to switch hands during the one minute lifting window? Sorry if this has already been answered. 

Yes, I believe so (which is a huge game changer).

4 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

We are allowed to switch hands in the 60 seconds 

11 minutes ago, Nigel Blackburn said:

Yes, I believe so (which is a huge game changer).

2 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

We are allowed to switch hands in the 60 seconds 

Thanks, did you see that in the rules?

1 minute ago, Boulderbrew said:

Thanks, did you see that in the rules?

It was on TWIG and it’s the same rules as the Philly fit expo contest we were in for the Viking vise grip challenge . The rules appear to now be uniform 

1 minute ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Also, those were the rules of the comps in Canada I went to in July and Sept 

I gottcha. Thanks 

I like the idea of having one minute to just have at it . Lift the thing in a minutes time

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

I like the idea of having one minute to just have at it . Lift the thing in a minutes time

Should be interesting to see how that pans out at a venue with 20-30 peeps.  Granted it'll add up mostly on the last two attempts...but it will add up.

Since the weight goes up or stays the same...what kind of time allowance is a person on the bottom rung be allowed before forcing their next attempt?  This has always been an issue of course...but starting another attempt after a full minutes effort is way different than trying again after a flash miss.

Yes, switching hands within the 60-second timeframe is allowed. I’ll clarify the wording in the rules, but all promoters should already be aware.

As for time allowances between lifts, this hasn’t been prescribed. At my venue, I allow competitors who are in a position to have to make back-to-back attempts at least a couple of minutes between them, but no more than five. Otherwise, the contest will drag on forever.

• Like 2

I'm excited about the rule, this will be my first competition using it. I hate seeing someone slip on a weight they can lift and then waste an attempt. Especially since friction can be so unpredictable on some implements

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I'm excited about the rule, this will be my first competition using it. I hate seeing someone slip on a weight they can lift and then waste an attempt. Especially since friction can be so unpredictable on some implements

100% truth!