anwnate

@acorn  Ridiculous!

• Like 19

20 hours ago, anwnate said:

@acorn  Ridiculous!

What is that?

7 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

What is that?

88.1lbs, 12 inch diameter, 3.5" wide piece of Steel Drop (leftover chunk of steel).

Beside the weight and width...it has a relatively sharp edge...making it hard to tilt since it cuts into your hand.

John Manna gave it to me...hence the name.

So far...8 people have lifted it.

Jedd Johnson, Kody Burns, Nick Rosendaul, Jake Salahney, Bob Sundin, Gil Goodman, Jason Gonzales, Aaron Corcorran.

Others have got air...and I've heard Tim Butler may have lifted it this past comp.

Just now, anwnate said:

88.1lbs, 12 inch diameter, 3.5" wide piece of Steel Drop (leftover chunk of steel).

Beside the weight and width...it has a relatively sharp edge...making it hard to tilt since it cuts into your hand.

Jedd Johnson, Kody Burns, Nick Rosendaul, Jake Salahney, Bob Sundin, Gil Goodman, Jason Gonzales, Aaron Corcorran.

Others have got air...and I've heard Tim Butler may have lifted it this past comp.

Mannanuffblockweight_zps6106ccd4.png

6 minutes ago, anwnate said:

Wow amazing. well done Aaron :rock Will you go to Gripmas this year? I might attend Chris last comp. Will try my best. So if you will come will you bring it? I wanna try it.

4 minutes ago, anwnate said:

Mannanuffblockweight_zps6106ccd4.png

Damn this looks biiiig lol Anyway I would love to lift it. How much harder than a blob you think?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Wow amazing. well done Aaron :rock Will you go to Gripmas this year? I might attend Chris last comp. Will try my best. So if you will come will you bring it? I wanna try it.

Damn this looks biiiig lol Anyway I would love to lift it. How much harder than a blob you think?

Yes...and ill bring it again.  Ill let Aaron or Jedd answer that question.  Or...if you show...you can estimate it yourself!

It would be great to meet you finally. :)

44 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

$10 if you can clean it

11 minutes ago, anwnate said:

Yes...and ill bring it again.  Ill let Aaron or Jedd answer that question.  Or...if you show...you can estimate it yourself!

It would be great to meet you finally. :)

Yeah if I can lift it. Let's see

Just now, Climber028 said:

$10 if you can clean it

with two fingers?

Just now, Climber028 said:

$10 if you can clean it

I'll throw in $50 into the "Bader Cleans the Manna-Nuff" fund.  :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, anwnate said:

I'll throw in $50 into the "Bader Cleans the Manna-Nuff" fund.  :)

Haha, let's see. But it's not easy especially seeing the list of people deadlifting it only. Anyone cleaned it or was close to it? Or anyone lifted it easily besides Aaron?

It's sharp, I lifted it with two hands and even that was pretty unpleasant. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/6/2018 at 11:07 AM, Alawadhi said:

Haha, let's see. But it's not easy especially seeing the list of people deadlifting it only. Anyone cleaned it or was close to it? Or anyone lifted it easily besides Aaron?

Gil did a nice high pull...making it LOOK easy.  Hard to say though...he's like the poker face of Grip.  

On 3/6/2018 at 11:09 AM, Climber028 said:

It's sharp, I lifted it with two hands and even that was pretty unpleasant. 

Originally it was worse.  I filed it just slightly to avoid easy cuts.  It's sharpness keeps the pinch vertical, eliminating most of the usable tilt.

• Like 2

It wasn't too bad. Wish I would have tried to clean it.

Maybe next time.

Edited by acorn
  • Like 4

On 3/6/2018 at 8:20 AM, anwnate said:
On 3/6/2018 at 8:20 AM, anwnate said:

I did manage a lift but I didn't expect to be able to so it wasn't filmed 🙁 there were a lot of witnesses though but I still wanna get it on film next time! 

4 hours ago, temmmeeee said:

?!

6 hours ago, temmmeeee said:

Timmy unfortunately nowadays nobody believes anything that wasn’t filmed. I believe you man. What did people do before video? They took a man at his word. I trust a man at his word until proven otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Timmy unfortunately nowadays nobody believes anything that wasn’t filmed. I believe you man. What did people do before video? They took a man at his word. I trust a man at his word until proven otherwise. 

• Haha 2

@temmmeeee I saw you lift it. It was a good lift that first try. You will get it on camera no problem next time.

- Aaron 

• Like 2

So it was Temmeee who lifted it? As his comment wasn't clear because it was a quote from anwnate. Timmy can lift it he easily did the blob and face lifted it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

...Timmy can lift it he easily did the blob and face lifted it.

Once can destroy a blob and watch the Manna-Nuff sit on the floor.  Pinching a pair of 45's is more on par with the Manna-Nuff lift.

I have been hanging pictures of those who have lifted the Manna-Nuff...while they are actually lifting the Manna-Nuff.

I trained regularly with Matt Hunt and Matt Kraenbring at my house.  One day, I went to use the bathroom and found out that Kraenbring got a lift in my absence. 

While I believe Kraenbring (and Tim of course), he couldn't do it again with the camera out. 

When I can get an "action" shot of the lift, I will send the print to Costco...so the lifter can join that impressive group.

Kraenbring is local and Timmmeeeeeeeeeeee (how many?) is within traveling distance to work out...so it's really just a question of "when", not "if" we get that pic.

In the meantime...

timmy mannanuff.jpg

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

So it was Temmeee who lifted it? As his comment wasn't clear because it was a quote from anwnate. Timmy can lift it he easily did the blob and face lifted it.

It definitely wasn't easy for me like it was for Aaron haha but I did manage to lift it. Very different from lifting a blob by the face in my opinion. That requires more from the finger tips which seems to be one of my strongest areas. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, acorn said:

Yes it was Temmeee or Timmy.

- Aaron

Actually I prefer not to call him Timmy/timmy but rather Temmeeee (or his name, sorry I forgot not feeling well now). Because we all know timmy was a well know fraud.

12 hours ago, temmmeeee said:

It definitely wasn't easy for me like it was for Aaron haha but I did manage to lift it. Very different from lifting a blob by the face in my opinion. That requires more from the finger tips which seems to be one of my strongest areas. 

True. But I meant you easily lifted the blob both ways you have that power in you.

• Like 1

Coming in late, but just wanted to comment and say that i was there when @temmmeeee lifted the Manna Nuff and got a good hold on it. We didn't record it because the guy is so modest he was convinced he wasn't going to be able to lift it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Anthony C. said:

Coming in late, but just wanted to comment and say that i was there when @temmmeeee lifted the Manna Nuff and got a good hold on it. We didn't record it because the guy is so modest he was convinced he wasn't going to be able to lift it.

Timbo slice is definitely a humble dude! A man of modesty for sure! Love that guy!

Edited by Guest