Jump to content
Donc101

Steel Bending, Scrolling, Snapping and other forms of destruction

Recommended Posts

Donc101

I am in Charleston for vacation and stopped by Brett Bracken’s gym. We bent and snapped. He is strong and did a great Steel Shredder 5 attempt. I snapped a Grade 8 Bolt in a neck bridge. First time doing this. Brett has done a lot of real long bars DO, 10” and 12” bars. I had never tried that. I did a 10” x 3/8 spike DO. Very awkward but fun to do. I have a cut on my belly from the bridge snap. My shirt fell forward and when the bar snapped the jagged edge cut my skin. Tuck the shirt in next time!

 

5D24E8BB-E7A8-4ECA-81D7-6F7468735E4D.jpeg

60C39AA6-988A-471E-A102-229398ECC9D9.jpeg

562B0BE7-9329-4D82-BEF2-C3059CDE2A74.jpeg

3FCB1F1A-93D3-40A3-B5D2-610479DFD849.jpeg

65D86896-4899-40BF-A692-F81FAC7E16E5.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danny Young
4 hours ago, Donc101 said:

I am in Charleston for vacation and stopped by Brett Bracken’s gym. We bent and snapped. He is strong and did a great Steel Shredder 5 attempt. I snapped a Grade 8 Bolt in a neck bridge. First time doing this. Brett has done a lot of real long bars DO, 10” and 12” bars. I had never tried that. I did a 10” x 3/8 spike DO. Very awkward but fun to do. I have a cut on my belly from the bridge snap. My shirt fell forward and when the bar snapped the jagged edge cut my skin. Tuck the shirt in next time!

 

5D24E8BB-E7A8-4ECA-81D7-6F7468735E4D.jpeg

60C39AA6-988A-471E-A102-229398ECC9D9.jpeg

562B0BE7-9329-4D82-BEF2-C3059CDE2A74.jpeg

3FCB1F1A-93D3-40A3-B5D2-610479DFD849.jpeg

65D86896-4899-40BF-A692-F81FAC7E16E5.png

Have you thought about trying a shiny bastard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donc101
10 hours ago, Danny Young said:

Have you thought about trying a shiny bastard?

For snapping?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donc101

I did the DHWOG Giant Killer Combo Snap today. A grade 5 Bolt and 6” nail taped together. A tough snap. There are some problems due to the bars only being 6”. This is not a big deal if not as hard of a snap, but with 2 together made it much harder. I hope to increase my speed on this in the next couple of weeks.

BD625BA8-579C-4F00-A715-E7C54B56ED84.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brett

First post here and thought this was a great place to post it. This is a unbraced 12" spike x 3/8th. Hopefully this is the first of many bends I post here. By the way thanks @Donc101 for the shout out in the earlier post. It's always a pleasure having you visit the gym. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donc101
1 hour ago, Brett said:

First post here and thought this was a great place to post it. This is a unbraced 12" spike x 3/8th. Hopefully this is the first of many bends I post here. By the way thanks @Donc101 for the shout out in the earlier post. It's always a pleasure having you visit the gym. 

Great to see you on the board man!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donc101

Some bends from today. A red nail and a red nail cut to 6” both bent DU. Also, a new scroll. Also, bent DO and reverse and did some snaps. A good workout today.

517000F2-F49F-47D4-8496-39EAB553015B.jpeg

1EC3EBD2-CCCE-4090-8F73-9F838BE3655A.jpeg

1403AB4F-0AA8-4C35-8845-4A4F4D9CCF5B.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donc101

I did 2 FBBC DU cert videos tonight. @Buccos1 is the only one on the big golden bastard list right now. Here are videos and a photo of the bends.

 

84A57FEF-FC17-4D13-8E55-8B08588F4E87.jpeg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buccos1

Very strong bends!  Congrats!  Are certs being accepted/updated for FBBC?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donc101
12 minutes ago, Buccos1 said:

Very strong bends!  Congrats!  Are certs being accepted/updated for FBBC?

Thanks Carl! I watched your DU Big Golden bastard bend last night. Nice bend!  Nothing has been updated recently. Hopefully, soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donc101

Great day bending today. I felt real strong. Last day bending before Zass Day. I have been hitting reverse and DU hard for some bends I will attempt on Zass Day. I hit a PR on DU, doing a 5.5” Red Nail. It felt great. I can definitely do harder soon. I also bent a Red Nail in a front neck bridge. Not sure if that has been done before. I have never seen anyone else do it. All in all a great workout. Here are some bends and photos.

 

4BD7ABBA-7FB8-48ED-9E1D-4F6008D3E5FE.jpeg

B974EC6F-3F1B-4D77-8666-D115F5E68C8D.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.