Steel Bending, Scrolling, Snapping and other forms of destruction

Donc101

Excellent bend brother! Top place trading fast between you snd Derek! Going to be interesting to see how far(short) you two can take the 3/4”.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Excellent bend brother! Top place trading fast between you snd Derek! Going to be interesting to see how far(short) you two can take the 3/4”.

Thanks! I am having a lot of fun with these long bars right now. I may enjoy this style of bending more than any other style. 

• Like 1

3/4” x 31 7/8” A36 long bar attempt today. I blew through the kink and most of the sweep fairly fast, but needed a hair bit more to crush. Not in the cards today. Below is a pic of the bar and video of the attempt. Also, did a Horrido A2 bolt reverse. That video is below too.

8B6D0512-BB1E-4DC0-857B-976BC9378947.jpeg

• Like 5

Great effort on the long bar Don!  So close to it going.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Buccos1 said:

Great effort on the long bar Don!  So close to it going.

Thanks Carl. I think I just needed 1/2 to 1" more and I would have been able to crush it. Next time. 

12 x 500 mm (1/2" x 19.7") rebar finally completed after many failed attempts. The steel is tough like CRS and springy. Hardest part was getting it past 90 degrees with a "through the leg" technique. After that the leg crush did the rest with a high effort.

IMG_20210306_143029_089.jpg

• Like 1

I did a 262kg DHWOG mid length braced bar today for a new rated world record. The record was set in SS4 comp. Here is the video:

• Like 2

Here is a DHWOG long bar 251kg bar for a new world record. These are tough 20mm bars. The current record was 249kg. Video:

DFD1781B-B94E-4DC6-AD61-4C43FE63A283.jpeg

• Like 2

Horrido A2 Bolt x 5.5” in one IMP:

Horrido A2 Bolt x 5.5” DU:

Horrido A2 Bolt x 6.5” Reverse:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Big battle with this bar. A 6” PR on this wide flat stock. 3/8” x 2.5” x 42”. Video:

92B7604E-CE2D-4506-BA05-4CC259F47EBD.jpeg

• Like 3

I did a DO cert of the new Canadian Moose cert bar today. Good, tough cold rolled steel. Video :

• Like 3

This Colossus bend really shows how much I have improved at long bar bending in the past few months. This bar is from DHWOG. I was sent it about 2 years ago. I have tried the bar multiple times over those 2 years and the bar never budged. I bent a different Colossus bar in January and it was an all out fight, long bend. In January, I still could not budge the Colossus in this photo, it is much harder than the first Colossus I bent. Now, I bent the tough Colossus in 5 minutes, that I could never budge before. Very happy with this improvement! Video:

74ACC162-DFBF-46C3-95D8-FF0D29CF202E.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Horrido said:

Great work, Don. Congrats!

Thanks brother! Fun bend!

1 hour ago, Brett said:

Nice work!

Thank you very much!

• 3 weeks later...

3/8” x 5” A36 HRS bend in single DHWOG pads for David Horne’s list. Video:

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Steel scroll I was commissioned to make. I really like how this one turned out. I did this 2 weeks ago but did not post any pics until it was given by the person who bought it as a wedding gift.

96B47220-097D-46B5-B322-227E2D6B79C9.jpeg

6C14EE19-7074-4BFD-8C6B-25F9D723D36C.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

3/4 x 32” A36 braced bend on my 43rd birthday! I have to be smarter but I am sure my strongest years are ahead of me. My body was feeling beat up and run down. I knew I needed to give it some rest as I really had not taken any time off in the last 6 years. That is why I decided not to do King’s Shield, body was not ready to train for another comp. I only trained 2 times in the 3 weeks before my comp. Felt fresh at the comp. I have not trained in the 2.5 weeks since my comp until today. Hit this PR today and am ready to start consistently training hard again. Here is the bend video: 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a 268 kg DHWOG mid length braced bend from today. This is the same bar as Reuben’s current world record.

8B58E3E4-4033-404E-99DB-CA06A01B0ABB.jpeg

• Like 2

Just uploaded this video of a fun bend yesterday. 3/4 x 44” bent while wearing my Gar Nal. 

076B91D6-31BF-42D9-BE0A-9BED54905132.jpeg

• Like 3

DHWOG pads touching bend today of a Iron Grip 140 bar (7mm square CRS) cut down to 6”. Video,

E6D8CA97-E1FE-498C-8411-6368366FCD79.jpeg

• Like 2

Golden Bastard bent DO in one IMP, video:

9974F333-C355-4991-B05D-BB7E838451D2.jpeg

• Like 3