Steel Bending, Scrolling, Snapping and other forms of destruction

Donc101

Here are 2 new DO cert videos. FBBC Sexabastard and a Horrido 8.8 bolt x 6.5”.

02D7BF29-8C6D-4C85-9186-4A69E697B7B0.jpeg

• Like 7

Nice bends Don! The Sexabastard is one that I've been wanting for a long time. I've bent many, but never certed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Horrido said:

Great Bends Don!

9 hours ago, acromegaman said:

Nice bends Don! The Sexabastard is one that I've been wanting for a long time. I've bent many, but never certed.

Thanks Jan and Delmar!! Both fun bends.

Tough training day. I am training for a big endurance feat currently. I did a full, normal bending day doing braced, DO, DU and Reverse. The highlight was bending these new DHWOG 6” x 3.9mm nails. I bent 9 taped together and then did 11 taped together. After my normal training, pre-fatigued, I DO bent 300 x 60d nails. Endurance is good right now. Here are pics and video:

DEBA3929-8F08-4E75-9914-8F668383DD0F.jpeg

BB17AFBA-B31D-43F6-9AFE-F65DA546F530.jpeg

• Like 2

Great work Don! Excited to see what feat you have planned, no doubt it will be highly impressive and inspiring. Any plan to snap those nails like David did recently? Those heads look like they’d be brutal on the palms. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, William James said:

Great work Don! Excited to see what feat you have planned, no doubt it will be highly impressive and inspiring. Any plan to snap those nails like David did recently? Those heads look like they’d be brutal on the palms. 

Thank you sir! I have not done much snapping since spring. I need to get back to doing it regularly soon. The heads probably are weird to grapple with snapping. Have a good one.

Strongman pumpkin with bent steel. Daughter got to practice her nail drive.

228AA7B5-C1AC-4B19-969A-2786FC380D1D.jpeg

16D9DD4E-025A-4538-BE27-E2B6C3A81B11.jpeg

• Like 4

I broke the mid-length braced speed bending world record yesterday by bending the 3 X 18” bars in 22 Seconds. This has become a very competitive record with lots of improvement. David Horne broke the record at UK’s Strongest Man in front of a very large crowd. It looked like a very cool exhibition at the contest with Mark Felix reffing. He did it in 1 minute and 8 seconds. I planned to break the record this summer and had it set up to do the attempt between events at the Michigan’s Strongest Man comp. The comp was canceled due to COVID-19. Thus, I broke the record at home doing it in 43 seconds in July. Then, on October 10, Nick McKinless brought the record back to England with a very fast time of 32 seconds. He broke the record at David Horne’s Grip Factory gym. Yesterday, I broke Nick’s record by doing the 3 bars in 22 seconds. I had 6 bars, so I could do 2 attempts. The first attempt, the 2nd bar tweaked my knee weird and caused bad pain and I had to stop. I was not going to do the other attempt that day, but then felt good and said let’s give it a try. Records are very good to set goals and push yourself and push the level of your sport. This record is a good example of that. Here is the video:

9D647CB6-B2AB-4378-A333-D21A31D8131A.jpeg

Edited by Donc101
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Here are videos for Horrido  DU and reverse cert attempts. @Horrido

1DDD1981-E9F6-4D46-AFCA-802DBD7F1776.jpeg

Edited by Donc101
  • Like 2

Fun day! I broke the Guinness World Record for most steel spikes bent in 1 minute today. I bent 14 3/8 x 10” spikes. The old record was 7. I ran out of steel with more time on the clock or I could have done another one. The record is unofficial until approved. I got in a good grove. Very happy with this. I will upload video later. Here are a couple pics.

C79EC852-D729-4EB8-9975-A9F310E1AE73.jpeg

1C87B6B0-B9A4-41B4-9B12-5B12A5F18813.jpeg

969E009E-5BC5-45EE-9AEE-1F363FE86381.jpeg

Edited by Donc101
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Awesome, congrats on the world record!

Thank you very much!

First time trying this. I braced bent 2 3/8 x 10” spikes taped together.  Here is the video:

4C912040-4CBA-449C-9FF2-06B35A78D587.jpeg

• Like 3

Nice training day today, including some pain tolerance type bends. I bent the two Challenge Dude bars in one pad. The bars are 5/16 x 7” SS and 5/16 x 7” CRS.  The next one hurt a bit. 8 x DHWOG large wire nails taped together and braced bent in DHWOG single pads. The heads are so big it is hard to wrap and they really dig into your hands while bending. Also, lots of pressure on the thumbs. Here are videos and pics.

98C90444-558C-4D46-BE1C-503F90873C0E.jpeg

E4207B70-866D-40EE-A80C-50076E4397C1.jpeg

• Like 2

Steel bending was not feeling great so I switched up and did some scrolling. I had not done any scrolling in awhile. If I did not like contests, records and certs so much, I would spend a lot of my time scrolling. Great workout and lots of fun. Here is a pic of some work done today.

468DF5CD-1540-4D8D-83A7-03660DBE871B.jpeg

• Like 1

I really zapped myself with hard bending and full body isometrics on Wednesday and Thursday. I think my CNS was shot. Yesterday my hands, fingers, forearms and back were twitching and felt weird. Last night, I didn’t set the alarm and was very surprised when I woke up after sleeping for 10 hours. My body needed it. I recovered and felt very strong today. I bent an old Russian Iron Grip Cert braced 240 bar from @Ivan Beritashvili. It is 7/16 CRS x 12”. Not too many people did this bar back in the day. It felt fairly easy and I could have bent a much harder bar today. Did a bunch of other bending, including a big flat bar double fish. Have not done one of those in a long time. Here is a pic and video:

0FF2C29F-2539-4C1E-BE1C-EC52D73F6DB3.jpeg

• Like 3

Epic failed bend! 6 x DHWOG 6mm x 7” bars taped together. I attacked these bars for 25 grueling minutes and am left with tears and abrasions on my palms, fingers, tops of my hands, wrists and inner thighs. They bent just enough so that I thought I could finish them if I just kept at it. Not today, but soon. Lots of strength built in those battles. The bar behind it is 3/8 x 2” flat bar. Easy bend compared to the partial one.

18DD22B6-DE4E-424C-8749-DC23A33C33AB.jpeg

• Like 6

On 12/17/2020 at 6:36 AM, Donc101 said:

Epic failed bend! 6 x DHWOG 6mm x 7” bars taped together. I attacked these bars for 25 grueling minutes and am left with tears and abrasions on my palms, fingers, tops of my hands, wrists and inner thighs. They bent just enough so that I thought I could finish them if I just kept at it. Not today, but soon. Lots of strength built in those battles. The bar behind it is 3/8 x 2” flat bar. Easy bend compared to the partial one.

18DD22B6-DE4E-424C-8749-DC23A33C33AB.jpeg

Good train. Highter level bars grow strenght good, but overload nervous system too much and can injury. Now you have control bar. Try this in few months. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kirill_Shuhovtsev said:

Good train. Highter level bars grow strenght good, but overload nervous system too much and can injury. Now you have control bar. Try this in few months. 

They do load the nervous system big time. I will rest up before another big attempt. Thanks for checking it out.

• Like 1

Pry Bar, made in the USA, Snap! This was a wild bend. I have had this for 20 plus years. I saw it awhile back and thought it would be fun to bend. I anticipated an easy bend. I started with a knee pull and could not dent it. Extreme spring back. I went to leg crush and it fought and fought and fought all of my pressure with its spring back until it went POP! Sounded like a gun went off.

1FA647F3-0D81-40D9-A857-1B838BC1DD47.jpeg

0573DE88-F6C6-4E6A-B3E5-A07F78A57CA6.jpeg

• Like 2