Steel Bending, Scrolling, Snapping and other forms of destruction

Donc101

So I fixed my (many) mistakes and did way better today. 1/4 x 6.5" snapped in 9 minutes. I don't plan to update every step of the way, but wanted to report that I reviewed some of the videos here and was able to avoid almost all the errors I made the first time. 

InShot_20200724_184058433.jpg

• Like 1

Mighty Joe asked for a bend of mine to hang in his grip museum. I sent him a couple. Very cool to have some of my bends in his museum. Here is the pic he posted of the bends.

CC634EE6-E218-4D7A-AFDD-9EC946F79699.jpeg

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

Mighty Joe asked for a bend of mine to hang in his grip museum. I sent him a couple. Very cool to have some of my bends in his museum. Here is the pic he posted of the bends.

CC634EE6-E218-4D7A-AFDD-9EC946F79699.jpeg

That's so cool. You're such a well rounded bender...you could literally have chose any type of bending to send.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, anwnate said:

That's so cool. You're such a well rounded bender...you could literally have chose any type of bending to send.

Thanks so much Nate! I have lots of fun bending. Fun to get strong in all the different types of bending. 

• Like 2

Good training day. I did a DHWOG world record attempt for speed bending 3 mid length rated steel bars. David Horne has the record Doing them in 1:08. I did it quite a bit faster today, just need to get it approved. I then attempted and failed bending 2 Gold Nails taped together. Then I bent 125 60d nails in 34 minutes. I just started training to bend a 50lb box of 60ds on August 8. Also, got news that my 60 Golds in one hour and 22 minutes will be recognized as a world record. Great day today. Here are video and some pics.

783E574B-F8A4-4435-9A76-222B39EF4EB5.jpeg

E478E832-8F36-4E73-93F9-C7663CA4B7D8.jpeg

DC9FA753-6828-4000-9567-7C0991750310.jpeg

• Like 6

Fantastic work!

Oddly enough...I had fluid plans about a 50lb 60d box also.  I'll probably change the parameters now lol!

Are you bending them DO? DU?

What padding are you working with?

Do you think 2 hours is possible?

Sorry to pester you.   Been thinking about this fest for a while.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, anwnate said:

Fantastic work!

Oddly enough...I had fluid plans about a 50lb 60d box also.  I'll probably change the parameters now lol!

Are you bending them DO? DU?

What padding are you working with?

Do you think 2 hours is possible?

Sorry to pester you.   Been thinking about this fest for a while.

Thanks Nate! Should be a good feat. Only Brookfield has done it. I talked with him on the phone about his feat. He did not have an exact time. It was not an official record and no recording. He wore gloves. I will do DO, no gloves, single leather pads. I don’t think I will maintain the pace to do 525 or so in 2 hours. It would be very cool for you to do it too.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

Thanks Nate! Should be a good feat. Only Brookfield has done it. I talked with him on the phone about his feat. He did not have an exact time. It was not an official record and no recording. He wore gloves. I will do DO, no gloves, single leather pads. I don’t think I will maintain the pace to do 525 or so in 2 hours. It would be very cool for you to do it too.

Ha it would be very cool.  I have the strength easy, but just dont think I'll have the speed.  Maintaining a high rate taxes the heart pretty good.  Oh hell, one way or another I'll kill 50lbs too.  :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, anwnate said:

Ha it would be very cool.  I have the strength easy, but just dont think I'll have the speed.  Maintaining a high rate taxes the heart pretty good.  Oh hell, one way or another I'll kill 50lbs too.  :)

Who cares how long it takes, just doing 50lbs is epic. It was very cool to talk to John B. A very nice man who is a beast and has tons of knowledge.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Donc101 said:

Who cares how long it takes, just doing 50lbs is epic. It was very cool to talk to John B. A very nice man who is a beast and has tons of knowledge.

Hahahaha.  You're so funny.  You're so casual about all the legends you've met. 

"So...I had lunch with the Pope (unbelievably nice guy) and Dinner with Bill Gates (just brilliant really).  Need to go to bed early though...having breakfast with Elon Musk." - Don Cummings

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Last training before bending the 50lb box of 60d nails. I bent 250 in 1 hour and 12 minutes. Here is a pic.

EFB55D57-C69A-4DA7-B96B-FB02F26ABCE9.jpeg

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

Last training before bending the 50lb box of 60d nails. I bent 250 in 1 hour and 12 minutes. Here is a pic.

Nice :D

How many nails do you think it will be, 500-600?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

Beautiful pic!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Nice :D

How many nails do you think it will be, 500-600?

16 minutes ago, anwnate said:

Beautiful pic!

Thanks guys! From what I can tell approx 525 in that box. Will be tough for sure. Today was not easy. Tears on the hands and rub burns all over my chest. Should be fun!

• Like 1

Took apart 1/4 x 6" CRS in just over 7 minutes today. Technique and methodology have a come a long way in just a few sessions, and I still feel like I have a fair bit left in the tank. Will probably just work down in 1/8" increments until I get to 5.5". Then maybe switch to square stock at 7". 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Great day bending and snapping in the UP of Michigan. Snapping and braced bending on Brockway mountain. Horseshoe bending at Horseshoe Harbor. Lots of hiking and climbing with the family too. Here are some pics and video.

9076F133-E03E-4735-B059-BEA26F8C05AD.jpeg

7F44118D-9CBB-4918-A66F-0BF31C584381.jpeg

• Like 8

"Is your Dad having a heart attack?"

"No...he's just bending steel again."  🤣

Nice bending...and what a place to do it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, anwnate said:

"Is your Dad having a heart attack?"

"No...he's just bending steel again."  🤣

Nice bending...and what a place to do it!

Haha! I had a couple come up to me afterwards and they had tons of questions. I bent a couple pieces for them and left them with some souvenirs.

It really was nice being out in this setting on a beautiful day. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Horrido said:

Great bends and a great place. Good job as always!

Thanks Jan! Fun to get some bending in on vacation.

• Like 1

So nice of you to take the steel on vacation with you! #NoDaysOff!

• Like 1

Huge bolt, 5/8 x 24” bend. Here is a pic and video.

B97C2158-AF21-4922-97FE-781EB62897A2.jpeg

D0099EE3-0D98-4BA7-B73D-FD8EE86D6D8D.jpeg

• Like 10

Jebus!  Didn't know bolts grew that big.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, anwnate said:

Jebus!  Didn't know bolts grew that big.

I had never seen anything like it, crazy how big it is.

• Like 1

I got beat up today doing a steel shredder attempt. It was very hot in the garage, over 100 with high humidity. I think I had significant heat exhaustion. Did not feel great the whole snap, sweating very bad and became dizzy and nauseous at the end. I had to go inside and just lay on the floor. Very bad feeling. I was able to gut out the Giant-Killer bolt/nail combo but that damn near killed me. Probably should have stopped. I have only had heat exhaustion like this 3 times in my life. The weather is supposed to cool down this weekend so hopefully I can get a better attempt in. Here is the video and a pic.

64089F06-35C5-4B50-90FD-A7090B54DC39.jpeg

• Like 5