Steel Bending, Scrolling, Snapping and other forms of destruction

Donc101

Holy hell that looks painful. 

2 hours ago, Donc101 said:

This was my attempt at a DHWOG 10mm Gold Nail replica cut down to 4”. Tough to get a hold of. I need to move it a bit further and I can crush it. Hopefully, will get this soon.

A80CEA21-DBD6-4D36-B87C-31BD6119D3B3.jpeg

Holy crap dude, that's ridiculous!
I wonder how much force is required to bend that bar, must be way above 500 kg?

1 hour ago, anwnate said:

Holy hell that looks painful. 

Thanks Nate! I tweaked my wrist just a bit and have some pain on the pinky side of the wrist. I think no big deal and should heal fine.

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

Holy crap dude, that's ridiculous!
I wonder how much force is required to bend that bar, must be way above 500 kg?

Thank you sir! The calibration must be fairly high for this bar at 4". The FBBC theoretical rating guide, says a 5" KOAB would rate at 1,090 lbs. Not sure what this DHWOG bar would rate at, would be interesting to see. 

• Like 1

I started training for a DO endurance feat. Today, I did 22 x 6” Bastards back to back. Here is a pic.

4E63878E-E30B-4726-A938-956771EB1CB5.jpeg

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

I started training for a DO endurance feat. Today, I did 22 x 6” Bastards back to back. Here is a pic.

4E63878E-E30B-4726-A938-956771EB1CB5.jpeg

I just wait for your next ridiculous feat(ahem...normal log entry) to make my jaw drop. 

I like how this is simply training lolololololol.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, anwnate said:

I just wait for your next ridiculous feat(ahem...normal log entry) to make my jaw drop. 

I like how this is simply training lolololololol.

Thanks Nate! Training for the Devil’s Challenge in 2 weeks. Have a good night.

Don, reading back through here, some insane bends!  Definitely inspiring to see you blowing through stuff like this, especially on those days when I might not feel like continuing on something that is not going as planned.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Buccos1 said:

Don, reading back through here, some insane bends!  Definitely inspiring to see you blowing through stuff like this, especially on those days when I might not feel like continuing on something that is not going as planned.

Thanks Carl! I am having a lot of fun bending right now and have some good goals to go for.

Received the package from Nate! These pads are awesome! Never seen anyone else do this. Was this your idea @anwnate? 1/3 of a IMP is 12” x 4” = 48. He did that down to 2” x 2” = 4. Brutal! Genius way to build up hand toughness and progress to a minimal or barehand bend. Also, some great, big bolts for braced bending. Thanks so much my friend!

F17144BD-E930-4A1F-B07D-969E33BF9007.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I actually started reduced padding progression 8 years ago on my way to cert red.  I had variations working from doubles to singles.  It really helps demystify a bend and let's you know just how much of a bend is strength/leverage and how much is simply fighting discomfort.

I'm glad you like them.  Enjoy!

Edit:  no clue if someone ever did this with cordura before.  Just seemed logical to me.

Edited by anwnate
  • Like 6

New short braced bend I am happy with. DHWOG 10mm gold nail replica cut to 7” and taped to a 7” piece of 6mm CRS. Here is the video.

76AA541A-F248-4440-8089-56DF7ED20AD4.jpeg

• Like 7

You always make your bends look easy.  Gonna go out on a limb and say that requires a lot of skill.

Do you even know what your top end is?  Like...could you do 2x 7" gold replicas at once?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, anwnate said:

You always make your bends look easy.  Gonna go out on a limb and say that requires a lot of skill.

Do you even know what your top end is?  Like...could you do 2x 7" gold replicas at once?

Thanks Nate! Not sure where I will end up with these short braced bends. I keep getting stronger at them.I can generate more power bending like this than any other bending method. You learn to harness all your energy and power In your body and focus it through your hands and into the bar. This type of bending taps out my CNS more than any other strength training. This bend tonight zapped my CNS and the rest of my training was like shit tonight. Have a good one and thanks for checking it out. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Steel arrived from @Horrido today. Steel, wraps and stickers all look great.

93F8DF3E-BF21-48FD-B722-6EBBCAB117EB.jpeg

• Like 6

Greg Pickett sent me these 2 old horseshoes to bend. I was able to heart the one but the other one would not budge.

11C48866-C87B-4BEC-B5E2-7C6690672AEF.jpeg

E56B7A8C-4890-4EA2-8156-5B3A89771D4F.jpeg

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

Greg Pickett sent me these 2 old horseshoes to bend. I was able to heart the one but the other one would not budge.

11C48866-C87B-4BEC-B5E2-7C6690672AEF.jpeg

E56B7A8C-4890-4EA2-8156-5B3A89771D4F.jpeg

Heart it?  No...you mangled it!

:rock

• Like 1

On vacation and started the day with some snapping next to Lake Michigan.

060F145E-A3E0-4D70-8965-A99AFFFA33E0.jpeg

• Like 3

This thread is amazing! Finally got through all of the posts/videos today. It definitely makes me want to expand upon short steel bending. I'm most further interested in snapping, if for nothing else more use out of the steel. Scrolling, too!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AcroBend said:

This thread is amazing! Finally got through all of the posts/videos today. It definitely makes me want to expand upon short steel bending. I'm most further interested in snapping, if for nothing else more use out of the steel. Scrolling, too!

Thank you very much! There are so many different ways to bend. I like all of them and have fun doing them all. Snapping is brutal training and builds tremendous conditioning. Scrolling builds strength in every angle and also leaves you with beautiful art. Good luck in your training.

• Like 3

So I had my first snapping experience! I started with 1/4 x 7" steel and things were going well at first. Then my wraps slipped off and everything went downhill from there. It just stayed sloppy and I was having trouble keeping it from slipping. In a desperate attempt I over-bent it to nearly parallel, and at that point I decided to abandon that piece for my own safety. 

I dialed it down to a timber tie and tried again. It took a little longer than expected given how easy it is to bend in both directions, but it snapped. Had to start somewhere and here is where I am:

IMG_20200722_183445~2.jpg

• Like 1

Great training day today. The highlight was 2 tough short braced bends. I bent a 10mm DHWOG Gold Nail replica cut to 6” and taped to a 6” piece of 6mm steel. I also bent a @Horrido 12.9 bolt cut to 6” braced. Tough on the final crush. 

@AcroBend nice work on the snap. You will get better at it and not have the problems you had. Great training.

Here are picks and video of bends today.

3D51396C-BA33-4126-A767-6F86D72BA8F3.jpeg

9C5A3413-097C-4236-9A81-C336B45C70B4.jpeg

4BE79C97-002C-4106-B85E-9288D0DEE316.jpeg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Horrido said:

What a great braced bend! This is a hell of a crush! Great work, Don!

Thanks Jan and thanks for all you have done for bending! Great t-shirts and Awesome steel.

• Thanks 1