Steel Bending, Scrolling, Snapping and other forms of destruction

Donc101

1 hour ago, Donc101 said:

Thanks Neal. That exact bar is an event in Steel Shredder Kings Shield. Thus, I am going to keep my current time to myself until the event is done. 

I like your game plan.

• Like 1

Have you ever snapped stainless before? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NealB said:

Have you ever snapped stainless before? 

No. Have you?

6 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

No. Have you?

I havent either. I bent a bunch of stainless 1/4 tonight and I was thinking about it. Its so springy Im not sure it would be possible. 

Edited by NealB
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, NealB said:

I havent either. I bent a bunch of stainless 1/4 tonight and I was thinking about it. Its so springy Im not sure it would be possible. 

I’m sure it would snap. May take longer. Give it a go and let me know how it was.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

I’m sure it would snap. May take longer. Give it a go and let me know how it was.

Will do brother. 

I have been doing more wrench bends recently to get ready for the bending comp. These are 10” wrenches.

0F6287A9-DD33-4F03-A247-452406F0E5B2.jpeg

E36C2783-5855-4CE5-9FC5-8204C3BAA628.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

I have been doing more wrench bends recently to get ready for the bending comp. These are 10” wrenches.

0F6287A9-DD33-4F03-A247-452406F0E5B2.jpeg

E36C2783-5855-4CE5-9FC5-8204C3BAA628.jpeg

Don, how are the 8s compared to the 10. Ive never been able to get my 8. Are these from harbor freight? Very cool man. 

20 minutes ago, NealB said:

Don, how are the 8s compared to the 10. Ive never been able to get my 8. Are these from harbor freight? Very cool man. 

Thanks Neal! These are from Harbor Freight. The 10” are quite a step up from the 8”. When you put the 2 wrenches side by side, the 10” ones are way bigger and thicker. 

• Like 1

I bet the 10s are pretty hard. Do you kink them over your leg. I hope you have a good weekend with your family. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NealB said:

I bet the 10s are pretty hard. Do you kink them over your leg. I hope you have a good weekend with your family. 

I kink over the knee. The hardest part of the wrench is the crush. Puts lots of pressure on the wrist. Have fun with your family today too!

• Like 1

On 4/23/2019 at 11:27 AM, japete01 said:

Awesome work!  I appreciate seeing your hard work pay off!

Thanks man! I am obsessed with bending, so much fun!

• Like 1

Tried 1/2” Square for the first time today. This is 1/2” Square x 19” A36 HRS. Toughest on the sweep.

C4BE3C1A-0D1A-4100-BD99-E34CAB7B98F9.jpeg

965D7F2D-1F45-4AB1-8B0F-220670E7C91A.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I have spent basically this whole year training for my bending comp and the Steel Shredder Kings Shield comp. Both are done now. I am happy with how my training went and my performances. Now, time to figure out the next goals for summer. I had a moderate intensity training day today. Still a little sore from the last comp. I had some fun doing 3 grade 5 bolts in a row reverse, 1 in one IMP, 1 in David Horne wraps pads touching and 1 in IMP pads touching. Did quite a bit of snapping too. 

Edited by Donc101
  • Like 3

Nice bro. How do you typical structure your training? Is it the same concept as say lift weights? 

15 hours ago, KapMan said:

Nice bro. How do you typical structure your training? Is it the same concept as say lift weights? 

Its hard to have a specific, structured program like you can with weight lifting. I do all the different types of bending I want to get stronger in and just keep trying to progress and get stronger. 

• Thanks 2

I did the DHWOG Man Killer Snap Challenge today. Great fun! Snapping a red nail, Grade 8 Bolt and grade 5 Bolt back to back to back! Also, did some pads touching DU bends with my regular workout. Here are 2 videos.

• Like 4

I have always been impressed with pads touching bends. Makes it much harder. Takes the leverage away. First time doing a Bastard for me this way today. I am pumped about this bend.

• Like 1

Finished my workout today with snapping a red nail while lying on the ground. In DHWOG pads. Initial bend done DO. I think this was the first time this feat has been done. I have been thinking about doing it for awhile. Glad I could pull it off!

078CAA3F-1889-4E64-93D6-6DC8DDBC6FF6.jpeg

10ED5465-90D7-402E-B02C-D7F24C9E11EC.png

E0DC43EB-87BC-4F22-9260-DD55E377379D.png

• Like 3

Fun and exhausting workout tonight. I met 2 big goals. I did a bastard in DHWOG pads, with pads touching. I also did the Man Killer snap while lying down. Red nail, Grade 5 Bolt, and Grade 8 Bolt snapped. The red wore me down and the grade 8 was brutal after it. It felt very springy and would not open or close much each time. At the end, I was sweating like crazy and breathing hard. My forearms are still feeling it. Great workout. I am real proud of this feat. The first time it has been done. 

4228C290-7BAE-4B98-8220-B979F933FEE7.jpeg

• Like 3

That is crazy impressive Don! Those short snaps are really interesting. I'd like to try one though maybe not on my back! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

That is crazy impressive Don! Those short snaps are really interesting. I'd like to try one though maybe not on my back! 

Thanks Andrew! You should try it, you would be good at this. Have a good one. 

• Like 1

I am floored! CRAZY impressive Don! Huge congrats - and the Man Lives!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anton.Torrella said:

I am floored! CRAZY impressive Don! Huge congrats - and the Man Lives!

Thanks Anton! That feat of strength will floor you. I lived, but barely. I was sore after this one. Especially my neck, from craning my neck up and straining with it. Have a good one!

Edited by Donc101
  • Like 2