Steel Bending, Scrolling, Snapping and other forms of destruction

Donc101

1 hour ago, NealB said:

I'm pumped for you man. You kicked some serious ass. You should be really proud of your hard work. 

Thanks Neal! I am very happy with getting 17 of them. I was not sure what I could do going into it. Very fun and exhausting challenge.

• Like 1

Congratulations on the bending!  

2 hours ago, Buccos1 said:

Congratulations on the bending!  

Thanks Carl!

I was able to get the SS4 247 kg bar today. Very awkward with the 19" length.

DHWOG SS4 247k bar.JPG

Edited by Donc101
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

DHWOG SS4 247k bar.JPG

Ummm...David Horne has you listed as USA.  You should really disclose that you're from Krypton.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

DHWOG SS4 247k bar.JPG

Serious bending man, nice work 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

DHWOG SS4 247k bar.JPG

Very impressive Don💪 3:37 in vid is awesome

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, anwnate said:

Ummm...David Horne has you listed as USA.  You should really disclose that you're from Krypton.

33 minutes ago, NealB said:

Serious bending man, nice work 

19 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Very impressive Don💪 3:37 in vid is awesome

Thanks guys! These bends are getting hard. They take a lot out of you. It’s great to have so many strong people competing to push each other to harder and harder bends. 

• Like 1

Awesome bend!  And pretty brutal with very minimal padding.  Congrats!!!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Buccos1 said:

Awesome bend!  And pretty brutal with very minimal padding.  Congrats!!!

Thanks Carl! The leg definetly feels it more on these bends. I like that element of difficulty it adds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Donc101 said:

Thanks guys! These bends are getting hard. They take a lot out of you. It’s great to have so many strong people competing to push each other to harder and harder bends. 

Stay on your toes don. This monster truck is getting built, and will be loaded with rocket fuel brotherrrrrrrrrrr

• Like 1

I bent a 40” Headless Goliath bar today. Very happy with getting this bar. I also started a snap of a 16 mm x 40” bar. Absolutely brutal. I am exhausted and the bar is not close to snapped. I hope I can take it down next week. 

Here is the Goliath bend.

10FBE124-6DD5-4908-97EA-4F2960D7B96D.jpeg

• Like 7

I finished the snap of a 16 mm x 40” DHWOG rated steel bar today. The most brutal snap I have ever done. I started it on Saturday and had it in my head I was going to finish it today. I stayed out in the garage until it was done. Both hands tore open and I am exhausted now. I think I will fit in some of this big bar snapping at the end of workouts. It really tests your stamina. I have a photo of the finished bar below and the ornament my 6 year old daughter made me for Christmas. Bent steel! Have a good night everyone!

339AEE8C-C99A-4B44-B641-71BC84202107.jpeg

D0349161-5B33-4CA5-B9AD-5C8B0FC30E46.jpeg

• Like 6

On 12/25/2018 at 5:54 PM, David_wigren said:

Jikes! Good stuff!

Thanks David! It tests your stamina to the max to snap back and forth for as long as it takes to do a large bar. I have not been doing much endurance work. I think I will start throwing this in at the end of workouts to build my endurance back up.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I flew down to Houston yesterday and spent all day today training with Dennis Rogers. I had high expectations and he definetly met them. A very nice and strong person. I learned a lot today. We started at 8 am and worked until a little before 6 pm. I learned how to drive a nail through a board. Lots of bending, ripping and tearing going on all day. Stephen Miller came by and did some bending too. He is very strong. Fun to hang out with him. I learned quite a bit about the feats of strength, performing and the mental aspect of everything. Dennis starts all of his braced bends on the top of the leg. I always do the rowing pull on the shin. Thus, my upper thigh is not conditioned for the abuse. I did tons of bending with no padding there today and already have a crazy bruise there. No telling what it will look like tommorrow.   Dennis performs at the Houston marathon tommorrow. I was planning on going to watch but now I will be bending a steel bar in the show. I am real pumped about that! Here are 2 photos. I may post some more pics and video when I get back in town. All in all a really great day today. 

7A3C2AA2-FB27-45D3-BDA8-78E077F0CFAC.jpeg

A471A45A-6526-4A00-830C-920991B92F5E.jpeg

Edited by Donc101
  • Like 7

29 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

I flew down to Houston yesterday and spent all day today training with Dennis Rogers. I had high expectations and he definetly met them. A very nice and strong person. I learned a lot today. We started at 8 am and worked until a little before 6 pm. I learned how to drive a nail through a board. Lots of bending, ripping and tearing going on all day. Stephen Miller came by and did some bending too. He is very strong. Fun to hang out with him. I learned quite a bit about the feats of strength, performing and the mental aspect of everything. Dennis starts all of his braced bends on the top of the leg. I always do the rowing pull on the shin. Thus, my upper thigh is not conditioned for the abuse. I did tons of bending with no padding there today and already have a crazy bruise there. No telling what it will look like tommorrow.   Dennis performs at the Houston marathon tommorrow. I was planning on going to watch but now I will be bending a steel bar in the show. I am real pumped about that! Here are 2 photos. I may post some more pics and video when I get back in town. All in all a really great day today. 

7A3C2AA2-FB27-45D3-BDA8-78E077F0CFAC.jpeg

A471A45A-6526-4A00-830C-920991B92F5E.jpeg

Wow, what an amazing experience that must be. So happy for you man. 

• Like 2

Don, that is awesome!  Definitely jealous too!!  Sounds like a pretty amazing day.  Have you made any recent attempts at SS4?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NealB said:

Wow, what an amazing experience that must be. So happy for you man. 

Thanks Neal! Definetly memories I won’t forget.

43 minutes ago, Buccos1 said:

Don, that is awesome!  Definitely jealous too!!  Sounds like a pretty amazing day.  Have you made any recent attempts at SS4?

Thanks Carl! After Christmas, I went on vacation and then got sick. Those 2 things held me up a bit. I did take an attempt before going down to Houston but did not get it in the time limit, although I finished the bar not far out of the limit. I hope to advance my position next week with another attempt at that same bar. Do you have more bars to do?

The Houston Marathon show was awesome today! Dennis called me up on stage and I held a board while he drove a nail through it and I bent a steel bar for the crowd. Very fun! Here are a few photos from my trip down to Houston. Great trip!

4A699714-F3B8-4169-9DAB-AD42D0DEAF46.jpeg

6C800F46-71EE-4F27-84CA-EC1C27F67CE8.jpeg

E57B739B-806E-44A7-A0AC-153C05EA23DB.jpeg

D4729DA6-C4FC-4B5B-B60D-674C0F182DD2.jpeg

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

@anwnate, Dennis was wearing this shirt when he picked me up today.

2007F996-6FDD-4B7A-BB2D-32C1B63F4FD9.jpeg

Haha...how cool is that!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Steel shredder #4 ends today. My best Bend was the 16mm x 18.5”, 254kg, bar. It was tough, put a beating on me. We will know the results in the morning. This was probably my favorite of the 4 shredder contests so far. I feel like everyone really pushed each other to do harder and harder bends. I would not have gotten this bar without Reuben and Zsolt pushing the limit. I had no choice but to try to keep up. Lots of fun! The bend starts at about 10:15.

6DCF8BEC-AC59-4A98-A718-39C7F895EC41.jpeg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Good bending and snapping workout today. The girls helped me out and did some braced bending.

D85145DC-FC79-4A7E-AAEA-B961CB06D648.jpeg

250B5DE7-4508-496E-BA47-E5213726792F.jpeg

24C01AC3-4955-4014-99EF-3C8A8C340729.jpeg

• Like 2