Steel Bending, Scrolling, Snapping and other forms of destruction

Donc101

2 hours ago, anwnate said:

Nice and even...now a fancy pen holder. :)

why'd it take so long? ;)

Thanks Nate! The wrenches are fun for the souvenir.  Cool to give to people. I was not sure how hard it would be. Not to bad. Kinda of feels weird because of the shape, to know which angle to bend it. I’ll probably try a 10” this weekend. 

7 hours ago, Donc101 said:

First time trying a wrench Double Overhand. Fun way to do it.

I am calling you out on this bend. Nowhere in the video is your bending cart. 😉

It is not a legit bend without the bending cart making, at the least, a cameo in the video.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

I am calling you out on this bend. Nowhere in the video is your bending cart. 😉

It is not a legit bend without the bending cart making, at the least, a cameo in the video.

Haha, you make a very good point Josh! I should probably redo the video to get it in there.

• Like 1

Just a so so unbraced Bending workout today. Mainly iso work. However, I had a real good Braced workout. These were the highlights:

1. DHWOG rated Braced bar 48” x 20mm. This steel is so hard. Way harder than HRS. I got this bar half way previously but could not finish it. Got it finished off today.
  2. Iron Grip 215k spike Bend. This is crazy hard steel too. I think it is CRS. I put a partial kink in the bar maybe 6 months ago but had not touched it since. I finished it today.
  3. i want to do the Zass scroll. I just bought the 3/8 x 1” x 6 feet flat bar this week and tried the scroll today. I have never scrolled anything so thick. It was 45 brutal minutes and my body is beat up and sore now. I could not get the scroll finished. I have what I was able to do pictured below, with the other 2 bends.

0D0A53C5-B026-4BE1-864B-43543FB9AF5F.jpeg

EB0BB0E2-57F1-4114-8908-CF7D858F9F45.jpeg

7E8DFFC3-5B72-4C27-808B-AE5126294551.jpeg

• Like 4

I did the DHWOG yard of Grade 5 bolts reverse bending challenge yesterday. It is bending 6 bolts as fast as you can back to back reverse style with pads touching thin suede wraps. It took 2 minutes. The first 3 were real fast but then the next ones slowed down the time. I am going to keep training this and then try for a fast time with an official attempt for the record page. David’s record is a crazy fast 27 seconds.

14E42C03-3D60-4536-B23C-62646EFEB18E.jpeg

• Like 6

I finished the DHWOG 48” x 20 mm bar today for a cert. I could not finish in 5 minutes last time, so I’m real happy with this. It is S275 Steel. Very hard on the kink.

I did this tear today too. Fun and difficult way to tear cards.

Edited by Donc101
  • Like 2

I bent the DHWOG 27” x 16mm 218kg bar today. That ties David for the top mid bar rated bend. Here is the video,

In hind sight, I probably should not have done it today. I performed at a neighborhood party today and the bend wore me out a bit before the performance. The performance was fun though. I did long bar bending, bent a horseshoe, bent a wrench, rolled a frying pan, tore a bunch of cards, etc. I really like performing. The damn wrench was a strong one and I could not get it at first. I was not going to fail in front of people and had to strain to 110% to get it. It finally bent. The kids loved getting souvenirs and were fighting for who got what. Fun day! Here is a photo from the shoe bend.

96EF6984-9C8C-4DB2-A298-276C56942037.jpeg

• Like 9

Beast, congrats on a great day!!!  Equal DH and put on a extensive feats of strength  for the neighborhood that is special.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Beast, congrats on a great day!!!  Equal DH and put on a extensive feats of strength  for the neighborhood that is special.

Thanks my friend, it was a great day today!

• Like 1

Strong bends Don.  Keep killing it!  Very cool too with the neighborhood bending!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buccos1 said:

Strong bends Don.  Keep killing it!  Very cool too with the neighborhood bending!

Thanks so much Carl!

21 hours ago, Donc101 said:

That is very impressive!! You and Adam Glass are the only vids I have seen doing with oven mitts

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

That is very impressive!! You and Adam Glass are the only vids I have seen doing with oven mitts

Thank you sir! It is a fun way to make it more difficult. I know I have seen other videos with the oven mitts but not sure who right now. I think the soapy hands tear is a little harder than oven mitts.  

• Like 1

On 10/7/2018 at 8:52 AM, Kluv#0 said:

This is so cool man. I gotta try this. 

Edited by NealB
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, NealB said:

This is so cool man. I gotta try this. 

Thanks Neal! It’s fun, try it and the soapy hands tear. Both not easy. Have a good one and post a video if you do the tear. I would like to check it out.

Here is a new scroll I did this morning. I also tried to do the Zass scroll today but could not get it finished. It is a tough design with such thick steel. I am having a problem figuring out the best tactic to get it. 

131399BB-C1F0-45A8-B50F-7B430621190B.jpeg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I tore a deck of cards on fire today. Actually 2 decks.  I have had this in my head and have wanted to do it since I saw Scott St. Vincent do it recently.  Scott is a fireman, so I wondered if he had special gloves or a special way to light the fire.  He said he just used leather work gloves and isopropyl alcohol.  I did it the first time, but my wife messed up the video and it was not recording.  Thus, off to do it again.  The hand was getting hot at the end and had to be hosed down. Not sure I will do this again, but fun to do 1 time, I mean 2 times.

• Like 8

You pump me up man, seriously!!!!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, NealB said:

You pump me up man, seriously!!!!

Thanks Neal! A fun feat for sure. I have a couple blisters on the top of my hand from the heat. I just remembered I actually did it 3 times. The first time my wife told me the flames weren’t big enough and it didn’t look cool enough. Haha, then she messed up the camera then everything finally worked out.

• Like 2

Epic!  

• Like 3

Lol well she called you out and as a man you cant back down Haha. I have so many cool things to try after checking out your log. 

• Like 2

Awesome!!  Never thought about something like that.  Pretty crazy ... but definitely awesome.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, anwnate said:

Epic!  

2 hours ago, NealB said:

Lol well she called you out and as a man you cant back down Haha. I have so many cool things to try after checking out your log. 

2 hours ago, Buccos1 said:

Awesome!!  Never thought about something like that.  Pretty crazy ... but definitely awesome.

Thanks for checking it out guys! Here are the blisters.

EE72C323-FE5A-4A77-965D-D6229F193165.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

@acorn sent me a link to a Michigan Grip contest at Don Larkin’s where DO Bending was contested after the Grip contest. I think it was in 2007. The write ups talked about how Aaron had bent an 80d nail and how impressed Don was, as he had never seen it done DO. That made me want to try it out. I bought some 80d, 8” x 3/8, spikes at Home Depot on my way home from work. I did not have much problem until the crush and it locked up on me at 3”.  I also have some FBBC 80d nails and I had the same result with one of them.  My crush is holding me back right now. Need to bring it up. Here is the video and some photos of the Home Depot Nail.

8592EA2E-53D5-4309-BCA0-EC2553C2E57F.jpeg

965D4BFE-4FE9-4DFA-97CA-B75CFFA3A970.jpeg

Edited by Donc101
  • Like 6