Steel Bending, Scrolling, Snapping and other forms of destruction

Donc101

1 hour ago, David_wigren said:

Haha, it seems like ahe has no patience for her father😄!

great bend Don! You really smashed that bar! If you were just a little bit more comfortable with the slightly longer bars, the outcome of Shredders 3 would’ve been very different! The strength is there, for sure!

Thanks David! I am going to keep working on the 12 mm to see if I can get to harder bars. Congrats on the win again!

6 hours ago, Donc101 said:

Thanks Anton! How is the braced bending going?

So we got this a36 5/8" rounds and it turned out to be super brutal - like much harder than what we were doing at Kevins - i managed to get a 30" piece to sweep but it was too brutal to move from there - it also bruised me on the initial kink the worst I've had since I began training braced bending in late march - which is good I think haha - I'm going to give a 34" piece a try tomorrow and let you know how I did - with pictures and video hopefully!

• Like 2

I wanted to do a good physical challenge that was bending related for my 40th birthday today. I came up with 40 red nails for my 40th. I did it in 59 minutes and 28 seconds. The bending itself is not bad and I could probably go on for a lot longer but the pain started getting a little intense when the skin was ripping off my index and middle fingers of both hands and the palm of my left hand. The skin started failing at about 20. I have not been doing much volume on DO, mainly a couple max type bends. Hands were not used to this volume. A fun challenge and I am very happy with it. I used moderate sized single leathers. Not much difference in size than IMP but a lot easier with wrapping, etc with the volume. Here are a few photos from the fun:

B63113D0-BD6C-46F1-829E-40BDCFE8DEB4.png

3283BFA5-3D4A-46C9-ACB0-45D73C87FE82.jpeg

444F4767-CF59-4B1A-8116-5E93989CCA24.jpeg

B2AC5218-73B2-46CC-BC3B-80F8425FD39C.jpeg

C3AB87F3-126E-4833-9EBB-BDB799FC909A.jpeg

• Like 9

Wow, 40 red nails in one go? Excellent display of strength endurance! I remember when Pat P and Adam Glass did 20 red nails in one sitting. I thought that was crazy enough😅

• Like 4

4 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Wow, 40 red nails in one go? Excellent display of strength endurance! I remember when Pat P and Adam Glass did 20 red nails in one sitting. I thought that was crazy enough😅

2 hours ago, Jlark27 said:

Wow! Great job! I've never seen that many done before. Your hands look destroyed! 

Straight bad ass!!

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

Red nails make your hands red :D

That is crazy, great work!

Thanks guys! It was fun to do a challenge. My hands are beat up. I have 4 bandaids on my left hand and 1 on my right.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Donc101 said:

Thanks guys! It was fun to do a challenge. My hands are beat up. I have 4 bandaids on my left hand and 1 on my right.

My hands would be in casts not bandaids if I attempted this. Amazing work Don!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JHenze646 said:

My hands would be in casts not bandaids if I attempted this. Amazing work Don!

Haha, Thanks Josh!

24 minutes ago, FrankD said:

That is absolutely amazing Don! 

Thank you Frank!

• Like 1

Sounds like a great birthday party! I'm more and more impressed by each workout you post - congrats and happy birthday Don!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Anton.Torrella said:

Sounds like a great birthday party! I'm more and more impressed by each workout you post - congrats and happy birthday Don!

Thank you Anton!

• Like 2

That is mind-blowing.  Awesome feat!

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Buccos1 said:

That is mind-blowing.  Awesome feat!

Thanks Carl!

• 3 weeks later...

I did a FBBC Grand Bastard cert video today. Here it is.

• Like 5

Congratulations Don!  That is a tough, painful bend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buccos1 said:

Congratulations Don!  That is a tough, painful bend.

Thanks Carl! Your DU is really doing well right now.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

Thanks Carl! Your DU is really doing well right now.

Thanks!  DU feels pretty decent overall and DO is still hanging on.  Lol

• Like 1

I did a fun scroll today, one of my favorites that I have done. I will attach a photo of it. I also did 3 FBBC cert videos. Not huge goals but ones I have not done yet. Here are the videos.

72B119F3-F701-4E31-973B-5C7EC3BFFE46.jpeg

• Like 1

Here are 3 new cert videos I did today.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Jlark27 said:

Damn Don! 

You dont stop killing it! 

I really need to play some catch up here.

I love how you blow through your bends like they are paperclips!  

Personally, I believe your one of the best all around benders out there and your progression is solid. Can't wait to see whats next! 

Bend on :rock

Thank you so much! I need to play catch up with you. You are killing some intense single wrap and pad touching bends. I need to start doing more of those. A great style of bending!

I did a 3/4 x 43” Braced bend today. It felt fairly easy. I just started back up with the long bars. I am excited to hit these hard for awhile.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

I did a 3/4 x 43” Braced bend today. It felt fairly easy. I just started back up with the long bars. I am excited to hit these hard for awhile.

Great strength!! I like watching those long bar bends very cool.  Vacation or that your backyard?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Great strength!! I like watching those long bar bends very cool.  Vacation or that your backyard?

Thank you sir! Vacation. We are up in northern Michigan. Had to get some bending in after a day at the beach with the kids. Have a good one.

• Like 1

DHWOG rated Braced bend, 16 mm x 30”

• Like 4