Steel Bending, Scrolling, Snapping and other forms of destruction

Donc101

1 hour ago, Jlark27 said:

That is awesome! Thanks for the heads up!  Is this a new list?   I emailed them with my video and hopefully I make the cut. From start to finish my bend was right at 57 seconds. Didnt have a digital caliper either so hopefully my measuring on camera stands. 

Also, I just emailed them through their website as I did not see any special instructions for sending in certs . not sure if that was the right way. 

Thanks again.

List has been around for a long time. I normally just message videos on Facebook or you can email. 

2 hours ago, Donc101 said:

Here is David Horne’s list for bending in 1 IMP. @Jlark27 and @acromegaman you should submit your bends to David.

93D86B4D-92D7-4593-80FD-45B2318EA631.png

I will do that! Much appreciated Don!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jlark27 said:

Whats next on that list for you Don?

Thanks.  Whats next on that list for you Don?

Id like to do the red in 1 IMP and with pads touching.  Also, move up the braced bending and snapping lists. How about you, what is the next goal?

3 hours ago, Jlark27 said:

I too would like to get a red in one ironmind pad. But for now the immediate goal would be to get a 5.5" grade 8 bolt in one Imp. I tried a yesterday but my fingers havent fully healed yet. 

Looking at how easy you crushed the grade 8 × 6" I bet you could get the 5.5" in no time. Same with the red nail. 

I did a red in 1.5 wraps about a month ago and it waa easier then the grade 8 in 1 wrap. So I dont think either of us are to far away from hitting those goals. 

Snapping! I dont know if I'm at that level yet. Haha

Good luck.

Snapping is fun and one of the best workouts. You should give it a try some time. I have not tried a red in 1 imp yet. I may try this week. I had never done anything in 1 imp before that grade 8. I saw you and Delmar doing those types of bends so I descided to give it a try. You going to do a red cert soon?

2 minutes ago, Jlark27 said:

I'm down to try some snapping. What would you recommend for a first time snapper? Lol.

That's cool that you saw my video. That was my second attempt at a single imp bend. I'm surprised that you took down that grade 8 so fast given you havent tried bending with 1 imp before. You have mad pain tolerance. 

I've been waiting 4 weeks for them to get back to me about the judge!

Sucks but worth the wait I guess. I would like to be able to cert with just one rap. Will see I guess.

You could get some 3/8 hrs and cut it to 18”, that would probably be good to start with or snap the steel you are warming up with or Grade 5 bolts. 

10 hours ago, Jlark27 said:

Okay. So I just bend it back and forth until it snaps. 

Yeah. Here are 2 examples.

• 2 weeks later...

I did my first strongman performance for a real audience today. I went to my daughter's school and rolled a frying pan, tore cards, bent steel and did a bunch of other strongman feats.  The kids loved it and my daughter had so much fun.  She helped out and hung upside down from my neck while I tore a deck of cards.  The highlight was holding the gym teacher up in my arms while I tore a deck of cards. Kids asked if I was Superman. Haha.  Lots of fun today.

CLASS.jpg

FRYING PAN.jpg

MR PRICE.jpg

STELLA.jpg

• Like 5

Don, that is wonderful for you to do that!!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Don, that is wonderful for you to do that!!

Thank you sir!!

Dude I LOVE IT MAN! That’s whats great about grip! So many portable and interesting crowd pleasing feats. It’s an awesome strength to have to wow the masses! 

46 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Dude I LOVE IT MAN! That’s whats great about grip! So many portable and interesting crowd pleasing feats. It’s an awesome strength to have to wow the masses! 

Thanks Joe! It was lots of fun. 

54 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

All kinds of awesome right there.

Thanks Josh! It was an awesome time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The Bay State Bending Bash was 2 weeks ago today. All of my focus in training the last couple of months has been on that contest.  So I was doing only bends in the style done in the contest.   I took 2 weeks off from bending after the contest and today was my first day back. I came up with some new short term goals I want to hit and tried them out today.

• Bastard double underhand: I did it to 40 degrees in doubles for the first time and should do a cert video, hopefully, next week
  • Edgin Bolt Double Overhand: I have only tried this once before, quite awhile back and only did a slight kink in it. Today I bent it to a little past 90. I should be able to do it soon.
  • Red Nail in 1 IMP: I had never tried this before. I only got slight movement. I  need to build up some more toughness in my fingers to get this. I  did a  7” x 1/4 square crs in 1 IMP fairly easy after I failed on the red.
  • 5/8 x 23” and 3/4 x 43” braced: both of these bent to about half way through the sweep. I felt good about these and will continue to try to finish them off.

The photo has the edgin, Bastard DU and 1/4 sq in 1 IMP

F9D9169C-B562-417D-89D7-7C56D5BBD5C9.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Donc101 said:

The Bay State Bending Bash was 2 weeks ago today. All of my focus in training the last couple of months has been on that contest.  So I was doing only bends in the style done in the contest.   I took 2 weeks off from bending after the contest and today was my first day back. I came up with some new short term goals I want to hit and tried them out today.

• Bastard double underhand: I did it to 40 degrees in doubles for the first time and should do a cert video, hopefully, next week
  • Edgin Bolt Double Overhand: I have only tried this once before, quite awhile back and only did a slight kink in it. Today I bent it to a little past 90. I should be able to do it soon.
  • Red Nail in 1 IMP: I had never tried this before. I only got slight movement. I  need to build up some more toughness in my fingers to get this. I  did a  7” x 1/4 square crs in 1 IMP fairly easy after I failed on the red.
  • 5/8 x 23” and 3/4 x 43” braced: both of these bent to about half way through the sweep. I felt good about these and will continue to try to finish them off.

The photo has the edgin, Bastard DU and 1/4 sq in 1 IMP

F9D9169C-B562-417D-89D7-7C56D5BBD5C9.jpeg

Awesome bends!!!  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Martin Gaisser said:

Awesome bends!!!  

Thank you sir!

On May 12, 2018 at 4:25 PM, Donc101 said:

Fantastic bending!  No doubt you will get the Edgin soon.  And the DU bastard ... Nice!  :rock

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Buccos1 said:

Fantastic bending!  No doubt you will get the Edgin soon.  And the DU bastard ... Nice!  :rock

Thanks Carl! You got the red nail snap! What is the next goal?

14 hours ago, Donc101 said:

Thanks Carl! You got the red nail snap! What is the next goal?

DO - Duke of all Bastards
DU - Stainless Bastard

The Duke will depend on how training progresses, as DO is hit-or-miss these days, and will depend on overall health.  The Stainless is going to fall this year!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Buccos1 said:

DO - Duke of all Bastards
DU - Stainless Bastard

The Duke will depend on how training progresses, as DO is hit-or-miss these days, and will depend on overall health.  The Stainless is going to fall this year!!

Awesome goals! You will destroy them!

Sick bends Don - great work!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Anton.Torrella said:

Sick bends Don - great work!

Thank you Anton!

Good progress today. I did a Bastard Double Underhand cert video,

I also did a reverse 1/4 Square Stainless Steel cert video

i made progress with the Edgin DO and did a Golden Bastard DU. I should do a cert video for the Golden next week. The photo is the edgin and Golden.

07A78219-43B8-42AA-8AF8-4B40624C15CE.jpeg

• Like 9